Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Remove author name please!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Holland (author_elle) | 12 comments This book is the same book, not two different editions. The author name "Elspeth Thomas" should not be on there, neither should the "Reign of Stars" cover. Can you fix this please? It looks unprofessional.

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Holland (author_elle) | 12 comments Actually, the "Reign of Stars" edition doesn't have an AISN either. And when you click on it, it takes you to the real "Whirlwind" Amazon page with the correct author name of Elizabeth Holland, the correct cover of the water girl, and the correct AISN.

message 3: by Cassandra (last edited Apr 23, 2019 12:55PM) (new)

Cassandra (cassanj) | 4919 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Actually, the "Reign of Stars" edition doesn't have an AISN either. And when you click on it, it takes you to the real "Whirlwind" Amazon page with the correct author name of Elizabeth Holland, the..."

Links to the books are always helpful. That edition did have an ASIN, and it was moved to the newest edition when you requested help in this thread- https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/....

Cover images are retained, never deleted, as readers like to shelve the edition with the cover they may have. I provided instruction for setting the default edition in the previous thread, which you can do once you've claimed the profile.

GR policy is that the name first published under must remain primary, so that can't be removed as was mentioned in the previous thread.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Holland (author_elle) | 12 comments I understand your policies, and I thank you for trying to help me, but I never asked anyone to put the two books as one. That only added to this mess. But really, there isn't anything I can do about having two authors? It isn't the right info. When I updated my cover, I changed a little bit of the manuscript as well. The Elizabeth Holland copy should not carry the Elspeth Thomas name at all. The two versions were a little different.

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Holland (author_elle) | 12 comments Well, it's worse now. I tried to move my name as the primary and now it doesn't allow me to make any other changes. I don't think the system recognizes me as the author now. Could someone help please?

message 6: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) | 1764 comments Reverted the author name removals.

message 7: by Emily (last edited Apr 26, 2019 04:01PM) (new)

Emily | 13538 comments Elizabeth wrote: "I tried to move my name as the primary and now it doesn't allow me to make any other changes. I don't think the system recognizes me as the author now. Could someone help please?"

The librarians already formatted the records according to their interpretation of the policy, which was confirmed by other librarians. If you want to edit the book data, it is beyond the scope of what the group can do, so contacting Support is your best course for further assistance.

https://www.goodreads.com/about/conta...