✨ Adults Who Read YA ✨ discussion

✩☽ August '19 ✩☽ Free Read Discussion

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Christina (new)

Christina (dinobrarian) | 697 comments Mod
What are you currently reading? Post your non-spoiler discussions here!

message 2: by Christina (new)

I love not having a book to stick to! Here's a sample of what I've been reading:

Dig - A.S. King (audiobook)
Let's Call It a Doomsday - Katie Henry
Wilder Girls - Rory Power
Teeth in the Mist - Dawn Kurtagich
Skeleton Key - Stephen King (audiobook)

and a bunch of graphic novels!

What's everyone else been reading? Does anyone feel they're supposed to read a certain author/genre/etc. during summer? Anyone set their own syllabus?

I was on a spooky kick for a few months, now I'm swinging towards dark humour and maybe paranormal.

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (readinthecorner) | 108 comments Woot woot! Books I loved this summer were:

The Promised Neverland, Tome 1 (volumes 1 AND 2)
Aurora Rising (I think I might marry Steven Wolf's voice from this narration)
Red, White & Royal Blue (The drama! The snark! The romance! The historical references!)

A lot of others fell into the realm of, "Yeah, it was okay," and put into an itty bitty reading slump. But all is well now.

I'm mildly looking forward to Teeth in the Mist, but I get spooked too easily sometimes so I have to be ready for it.

message 4: by Christina (new)

Melissa wrote: "Woot woot! Books I loved this summer were:

The Promised Neverland, Tome 1 (volumes 1 AND 2)
Aurora Rising (I think I might marry Steven Wolf's voice from this narra..."

The Promised Neverland is a great anime! I haven't read the manga, but it's like O.O

Aurora Rising is my new fave Jay Kristoff. I feel like he finally got the cast spot on for me. Can't wait for book 2!

I felt that 'meh' way about a lot of books too. I DNFd more audiobooks than I mentioned. In fact I took a podcast break for a little bit.

I'll be interested to see what you make of Teeth in the Mist. Everyone's level of scary and horror are different. My scary book this month will probably be a short story in Joe Hill's new book or some Stephen King.