What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA book in which characters make guesses about what songs will play in grocery stores

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Madeline (new)

Madeline | 4 comments I'm remembering a specific scene in a recent (probably last 5–10 years) YA novel in which a male and a female character (who I think are romantically interested in each other--but not positive) each choose songs that they think will play in a grocery store before going into the store and make it a contest/competition of sorts.

I think this book MIGHT be The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli, but I'm not sure, and I don't currently have access to the book to check if my suspicion is right. But if it's not that book, I'm pretty confident that it's in the vein of Becky Albertalli/Sarah Dessen/Morgan Matson type books, if that makes sense.

message 2: by Courtney (new)

Courtney (andforamoment) | 302 comments I know what you're talking about! I think it is that book. I don't have access to it either.

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38154 comments Mod
This is a very popular book - have you tried your public library?

message 4: by Ann (new)

Ann | 530 comments I have The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli. In Chapter 10, Molly and Reid are in a grocery store. They each choose three songs from the early 2000s. If one of the songs is played in the supermarket, that person gets 20 points.

message 5: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 16882 comments Still looking, Madeline?

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Upside of Unrequited (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Becky Albertalli (other topics)