Women's Fiction Lovers discussion

Next Lisa Wingate to read

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa | 1 comments I just finished my first Lisa Wingate book, "Before We Were Yours". Now I'm looking for recommendations on which Lisa Wingate book to read next. Which series did you like the best?

message 2: by Stacey (new)

Stacey Huys | 1 comments I just read “Before We Were Yours” earlier this year. It was the first book that I read of Lisa Wingate’s, but like to read more when I find a new author I enjoy! So far I have finished the Carolina Heirlooms and Tending Roses series...both were phenomenal and she has now skyrocketed to one of my favorite authors! Carolina Heirlooms Is probably my favorite series I’ve read ever!

message 3: by Denise (new)

Denise (denisemeagles) | 2 comments Lisa Wingate’s new book comes out next Tuesday. It is called The Book Of Lost Friends.

From the #1 New York Times bestselling author of Before We Were Yours comes a new historical novel: the dramatic story of three young women searching for family amid the destruction of the post–Civil War South, and of a modern-day teacher who learns of their story and its vital connection to her students’ lives.

Bestselling author Lisa Wingate brings to life startling stories from actual “Lost Friends” advertisements that appeared in Southern newspapers after the Civil War, as newly freed slaves desperately searched for loved ones who had been sold away.

message 4: by Denise (new)

Denise (denisemeagles) | 2 comments Also there is a non-fiction book called Before and After written by Lisa Wingate and Julie Christie. My local bookstore highly recommends this book.

The compelling, poignant true stories of victims of a notorious adoption scandal—some of whom learned the truth from Lisa Wingate’s bestselling novel Before We Were Yours and were reunited with birth family members as a result of its wide reach