What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Historian
This topic is about The Historian
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. fiction, vampire, about a woman, searching a missing person (not sure was a lover or husband), vampires are involved, she was translating a book or something similar. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Da (new) - rated it 5 stars

Da (sketchda) | 2 comments Hello everyone,
I read a book in 2004, in Croatian language and can't remember the name or author and remember vaguely the plot. It's about a woman, searching a missing person (not sure was a lover or husband), vampires are involved, she was translating a book or something similar and I thought the book name was something like "the translator". She travels, Istanbul, Romania, not sure. The book was really good, it's fiction but at times it felt very real. I wish to find it so can read it again. I searched on google under many names, no luck.
Maybe someone here can help, thank you!
Da

Lori | 73 comments It might be The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It is more realistic than most vampire fiction, the main character travels to Istanbul, Romania and Hungary. If I remember correctly she goes looking for her father who went missing while looking for her mother.

message 3: by Da (new) - rated it 5 stars

Da (sketchda) | 2 comments Lori wrote: "It might be The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova. It is more realistic than most vampire fiction, the main character travels to Istanbul, Romania and Hungary. If I remember correctly she goes looking..."

Yes! That's the book!!!! Thank you, thank you!!!!

message 4: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris | 32228 comments Mod
Glad you found your book, Da. Here's the link for Lori's find - The Historian by Elizabeth Kostova.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Historian (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Elizabeth Kostova (other topics)