What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Akiko on the Planet Smoo
This topic is about Akiko on the Planet Smoo
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. YA fantasy graphic novel about a young girl in space? [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nate (new)

Nate O'Gane | 6 comments I read this book in late elementary school, a pretty long time ago. I can't remember details but I wanna say the title started with an A? It was about a young girl going from planet to planet I believe with a rather odd group of friends. It was a graphic novel or at the very least littered with illustrations. It had a very peculiar art style but I can't remember enough to fill in the plot. Thank you so much in advance.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37566 comments Mod
Around what year did you read it?
What type of peculiar art style was it?
Black and white, colorful, other?
How old is the girl?

message 3: by Kris (last edited May 01, 2019 09:26AM) (new)

Kris | 32243 comments Mod
A guess - Akiko on the Planet Smoo by Mark Crilley? The year you read the book will help narrow down the search.

Nate, why did the girl move from planet to planet? Did she travel with parents or siblings? In a private spaceship? What are her parents' jobs?

Does the girl have special skills/powers?

Can you describe the illustrations - realistic/cartoony/cute, simple/detailed, painted watercolors/bold graphics, bright/dark/muted colors/black & white? Do they remind you of another illustrator?

message 4: by Mrs.soule (new)

Mrs.soule (mrssoule) | 109 comments Zita the Spacegirl (Zita the Spacegirl, #1) by Ben Hatke Zita the Spacegirl is a more recent series that fits that description as well.

message 5: by Nate (new)

Nate O'Gane | 6 comments Kris wrote: "A guess - Akiko on the Planet Smoo by Mark Crilley? The year you read the book will help narrow down the search.

Nate, why did the girl move from planet to planet? Did ..."

This is it! Thank you so much I've been looking forever!

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 32243 comments Mod
Great. Glad we could help, Nate.