#AYEARATHON discussion

May 2019 - Finish/Catch-Up > May- To Be Read (TBR)

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ke-sha (last edited Apr 22, 2019 11:14PM) (new)

ke-sha (angel707) | 2018 comments Mod
This Month's Info:
Takes Place From - (6-12)
Theme - Finish/Catch-Up
Media Thread Link:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 2: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 402 comments I need this push.
I want to finish A Dance with Dragons and In an Absent Dream
Also hope to read Not Your Villain
Might have to look over what series im in the middle of too. Im so bad at finishing series.

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 231 comments I have some series and also some buddy reads to catch up on. Not sure what I will be reading in that week (I hope a lot), so I'm just gonna list the most important ones:

TBR buddy/group reads
Good Omens The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch by Terry Pratchett Good Omens: The Nice and Accurate Prophecies of Agnes Nutter, Witch
The Ballad of Black Tom by Victor LaValle The Ballad of Black Tom
The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo

TBR series
Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere Chronicles, #2) by Melina Marchetta Froi of the Exiles
Gemini (Stephanie Patrick #3) by Mark Burnell Gemini

message 4: by NoRa (new)

NoRa Wow, this is a good time to catch up on books by authors I love/like.

message 5: by Alli (new)

Alli The Book Giraffe (allithebookgiraffe) I'm going to try to finish 2 series during the readathon! I don't think I will finish more than these three because City of Heavanly Fire is over 700 pages and the week of the readathon will be my second to last week of college.
City of Heavenly Fire (The Mortal Instruments, #6) by Cassandra Clare Siege and Storm (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #2) by Leigh Bardugo Ruin and Rising (The Shadow and Bone Trilogy, #3) by Leigh Bardugo

message 6: by NoRa (new)

NoRa I have two books in mind for this readathon,
The Accidental Further Adventures of the Hundred-Year-Old Man (The Hundred-Year-Old Man, #2) by Jonas Jonasson and Finding Audrey by Sophie Kinsella

message 7: by Daymaly (new)

Daymaly Rodriguez (daymalyrodriguez) | 5 comments TBR:

1. Radio Silence By:Alice Oseman
2. Vicious By: V. E. Schwab

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary Dempsey (BigonBooks) | 1 comments TBR:

The Ruby Circle by Richelle Meade
The Ship of the Dead by Rick Riordan

message 9: by Mekeali (new)

Mekeali | 2 comments The Books i am going to be trying to get through are going to be;
Thunderhead by Neil Shusterman
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell and
Lady Midnight by Cassandra Clare because i have been 200 pages through this book for way to long

message 10: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Chung (bingereader19) | 123 comments I took books off my graveyard shelf...hoping to catch up/ finish The Cuckoo's Calling (Cormoran Strike, #1) by Robert Galbraith Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby, #3) by William Ritter The Da Vinci Code (Robert Langdon, #2) by Dan Brown Needful Things by Stephen King

All of these books are half read. I have a problem with picking up new books in the middle of old books. #sorrynotsorry ;)

message 11: by Megan (last edited May 01, 2019 03:41PM) (new)

Megan (PastelyakReads) (pastelyakreads) | 1 comments TBR:

Ruin and Rising- Leigh Bardugo
Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare
Fullmetal Alchemist: Vol. 4, Vol. 5, Vol. 6 - Hiromu Arakawa

message 12: by Heather (new)

Heather Salter-Purves (thelycanproject) | 6 comments hello everyone,
this is going to be my first time taking part in the ayearathon please find my TBR on my channel https://youtu.be/XxNokyjgc4w

message 13: by Ashley (new)

Ashley ❣️ | 40 comments Im hoping to finish/catch up on one series:

Tbr:
-It’s Not Summer Without You (The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy #2)

-Well Always Have Summer (The Summer I Turned Pretty Trilogy #3)

I’ll be happy to just complete one since I have finals very soon and I have scholarships I’m applying to and everything, but Goodluck to everyone else as well!

message 14: by Jesa (new)

Jesa Burgoyne | 4 comments TBR:
rereads- Harry Potter 1, 2, & 3, Percy Jackson 1&2, and Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda
The upside of unrequited
Leah on the Offbeat
Matched
An Enchantment of Ravens
Four Dead Queens

message 15: by Maija (last edited May 04, 2019 12:08PM) (new)

Maija (maijavi) | 180 comments There's only one book I definitely want to read: Silver on the Tree by Susan Cooper, which finishes The Dark is Rising series. I've owned this book for so long, it's high time to finish the series.

Silver on the Tree by Susan Cooper

message 16: by Lesa (new)

Lesa Divine | 1 comments Tbr: Buddy read Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices, #1) by Cassandra Clare

Tbr catch up/finish: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami Red Sister (Book of the Ancestor, #1) by Mark Lawrence

message 17: by I'mogén (new)

I'mogén (peacecookiesbooks) | 71 comments Hello all! Looking forward to taking part this month! I included the ayearathon tbr at the end of this video, if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU8oD...

message 18: by avery (new)

avery (josometimesreads) | 1 comments I read the first volume of the Lumberjanes comics last month and really want to continue the series. I probably won’t catch up but I’ll work towards it!

message 19: by Alex (new)

Alex Morton (magicteacauldron) | 2 comments I’m going to be trying to read 4 different books. One is the sea glass book by Maria V Snyder, I’m going to reread legend by Marie Lu which I read years ago and I don’t remember much about it, plus fire blood and finally I’m going to try and read deception ☺️☺️ anything after that will most likely be any short ones like the chronicles of Narnia 4-7 or any manga/graphic novels I haven’t gotten to yet

message 20: by Vicky (new)

Vicky D (readingwithmrsd) | 1 comments I’m going to try to catch up with my reading goal, meaning I need to read 7 books by Sunday. (I’m not that bothered to be ‘behind’ but am interested to see if I can do this.) This will include finishing several books I’ve already started. Really glad to have had this push and extra challenge.

message 21: by Melody (new)

Melody Kydian | 1 comments I am ahead of my goal currently but I have several books I have not touched in months so I'll be trying to finish up those I think.
Specifically Alice Isn't Dead, Crazy Rich Asians, and Assassin's Apprentice.

message 22: by Katie (last edited May 06, 2019 08:51AM) (new)

Katie (Kitkatscanread) (kitkatscanread) | 148 comments Mod
I need to finish

The Gilded Wolves (The Gilded Wolves, #1) by Roshani Chokshi
Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi
A Curse So Dark and Lonely (A Curse So Dark and Lonely, #1) by Brigid Kemmerer

message 23: by Avi (new)

Avi | 1 comments ke-sha wrote: "This Month's Info:
Takes Place From - (6-12)
Theme - Finish/Catch-Up
Media Thread Link:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/..."

TBR:
Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone, #3) by Laini Taylor
The Wicked King (The Folk of the Air, #2) by Holly Black

message 24: by NomNom (new)

NomNom (mindofshadows) | 17 comments Books I want to finish:
Lifel1k3 (Lifelike, #1) by Jay Kristoff Moby-Dick; or, The Whale by Herman Melville

I hope I can finish them this week with all the business of finishing uni this month xd

message 25: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 231 comments Day 1 of reading

Froi of the Exiles (Lumatere Chronicles, #2) by Melina Marchetta Froi of the Exiles : read 100p → FINISHED

message 26: by Ashly (new)

Ashly (ashlyh) | 104 comments I need to finish The Cycle (Violence Begets..., #2) by P.T. Denys

message 27: by Key (new)

Key (leoithne27) | 71 comments I would like to finish these two:
Given to the Earth (Given Duet, #2) by Mindy McGinnis The Griffin's Feather (Dragon Rider #2) by Cornelia Funke

message 28: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 15 comments I love this months theme so much. I have so many I want to catch up on or finish.

TBR:
Every Moment After
Girls in White Dresses
Rebel Spring
Come Find Me

message 29: by BlurryBug (new)

BlurryBug | 402 comments So reality of the week has hit me (we came home from a long weekend abroad on sunday)
I have to finish up Front Desk since I felt like I couldnt take a library book with me abroad terrified of losing them
And I started Not Your Villain while on holiday.
that is as far as I gotten in my plans

message 30: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly | 142 comments I have a lot of books on my TBR that I haven't got to... so that's what I"ll be doing. The next books on my list are Finale (Caraval, #3) by Stephanie Garber The Flight Portfolio by Julie Orringer Necessary People by Anna Pitoniak Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty King of Fools (The Shadow Game, #2) by Amanda Foody

I'll probably get to like 3 of these maybe only 2 this week. So many big books this year AHHHHHH!