Busy People Who Love Books discussion

Introductions > Hi Everyone! Introduce yourself!

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
Hi! My name is Emilie. I am a tax accountant specializing in agricultural tax issues. I live in Michigan with my wonderful husband, our beautiful daughter Heidi, and our spunky terrier Kimber. I love reading, gardening, and crocheting. With my busy schedule, I sometimes find it difficult to find time to read. I started this group for busy people who may take awhile to get through a book due to everyday life responsibilities. I look forward to reading and discussing with all of you!

message 2: by Mixie (new)

Mixie Plum (litasfun) Hi all, I'm Mixie!
Im a licensed massage therapist but have finally disciplined myself to reach for that writing career. I've been writing since I was five. I'm (hopefully) steadily growing my social media presence and I want to read and review as much as possible here:)
I live with my coparent, kids, & kittys💜

message 3: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
Welcome to the group Mixie!!

message 4: by Shirley (new)

Shirley O'Regan | 3 comments Hi! I’m Shirley. I live in Ireland. I am a teacher, writer and artist. I read whenever I can. About two-thirds of what I read is fiction, though I have been trying to add some more non-fiction since the start of this year. I enjoy most types of fiction, but am not overly fond of very girly romances or science fiction. I also love poetry and am a published poet. Add me on Instagram @shirleyoregan if you like 😊❤️📚

message 5: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
Hi Shirley - thanks for joining the group! My husband and I went to Ireland a few years ago and loved it! We stayed in Cashel, Trim, and Fanore. What part are you from? Feel free to put some recommendations for future reads in the discussion board. Looking forward to reading with you!

message 6: by Shirley (new)

Shirley O'Regan | 3 comments I am from Limerick, in Munster, one of the neighbouring counties to Tipperary. I’m glad you enjoyed your visit! Do you plan to come back? You should try the Wild Atlantic Way next time - stunning scenery and plenty to do. Have you enjoyed any Irish literature?

message 7: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
Cool! We were going to go to Limerick but ran out of time. Yes, we do plan on coming back - don’t know when, but definitely will be making a return trip. I have not read any Irish literature - do you have any recommendations?

message 8: by Shirley (new)

Shirley O'Regan | 3 comments If you’re looking for some excellent contemporary Fiction, Check our John Boyne. If you like modern thrillers / domestic noir try Liz Nugent. For something more literary / classic try Beckett’s Fiction or ‘At Swim Two Birds’ by Flann O’Brien. John Connolly’s Charlie Parker series is a fantastic and lengthy crime / supernatural series - though mostly set in the states. If you’d like a more Irish flavour to your crime fiction, do try Ken Bruen’s Jack Taylor series. If poetry is your bag, there’s lots to choose from but I would particularly recommend Michael Hartnett, who was from my hometown and is superb. That’s an incredibly long shortlist 😂😂😂

message 9: by ReadingSlowly (new)

ReadingSlowly | 1 comments Hi everyone, I’m Fee. I live just outside London with my husband, two kids and two dogs. I was an English teacher but am now finishing off a thesis on C19th literature 😊 So Happy to meet you all

message 10: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
Shirley - thanks for all of the recommendations 😊 I’ll have to check them out!

message 11: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
Welcome Fee! Thanks for joining and for following on my Instagram - I look forward to reading and discussing with you. Make sure to vote on the next book in the poll on the homepage and please feel free to let us know what books you want to read in the future in the discussion board! 😊

message 12: by Karissa (new)

Karissa Fisher | 1 comments I’m Karissa! I live in Kansas with my husband and my greyhound, and I work in an ESOL class (students who are learning English as a second language). But I am in the process of applying for a teaching certification to teach secondary English! 🤞🏼 I write, too, though I have nothing big published yet, just a short story. I read almost everything: literary, fantasy, YA, and I especially love Victorian classics. 😊 If you like, you can find me on Instagram at karissariffel.books ! Can’t wait to discuss with you all!

message 13: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
Welcome Karissa - thank you so much for joining us! 😊

message 14: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Põldaru | 4 comments Hey everyone! I'm Silvia and I live in Leicester, UK. I have always loved books. I remember trips to grandma's and spending hours going through her bookshelf to pick a few to take home with me. I actually work in a library these days which is like a book lover's heaven. I enjoy mostly historical fiction but I do read quite a bit of non-fiction too. Looking forward to discussing the upcoming books with you all!

message 15: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
Hi Silvia - thank you so much for joining us! We are so glad to have you!

message 16: by Lauren (new)

Lauren Barr (lifestylejunkie) | 1 comments Hello everyone! I'm Lauren, and I'm a Canadian writer living in Switzerland with my husband and two kids. Books are my life - I write for fun and edit for work, but mostly I love just sitting down and talking about good books. You can see what I'm reading lately on my book blog: www.thebookoracle.com. Can't wait to get chatting with you all!

message 17: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
Hi Lauren - so excited to have you join us! Looking forward to reading with you! 😊

message 18: by Peggy (new)

Peggy Gulyas (pegspages) | 2 comments Greetings from sunny Florida! My name is Peggy, married to Peter, four lovely children (ages 8, 10, 13 and 27) and a lover of historical fiction. My favorite era is WWII, although I've recently read books pre- and post- that time. I also enjoy a good Victorian mystery by Anne Perry. I have a book club that I started here locally, but it's going through growing pains with only a couple friends showing up. Baby steps. I look forward to lively discussions with you all! My Instagram is @secondmondaybookclub

message 19: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
We are so glad to have you Peggy - thank you for joining! I look forward to discussing with you :)

message 20: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany | 2 comments Hi I'm Tiffany! I live in Ontario, Canada with my husband, new daughter and menacing cat. I'm currently on maternity leave and love to read any chance I get. I read many types of genres from YA, romance, historical fiction, thriller, non-fiction and contemporary. I was never one to read the classics, however I want to challenge myself this year and read a few.

I have always wanted to be part of a book club so I am very excited to be here!

I have created a bookstagram account to accommodate all my reading :) Follow me @thislittlebooknook

message 21: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
Congrats on being a new mom - what an exiciting time! Glad to have you here with us - I’m looking forward to reading and discussing with you!

message 22: by Brenda (new)

Brenda Hudson Reyome | 1 comments Hello, my name is Brenda and I live in Michigan. I'm a payroll clerk for the county. I'm married, have 2 adult sons, an amazing daughter-in-law and the cutest granddaughter named Heidi. I enjoy reading and it doesn't matter what it is.

message 23: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
Hi Brenda (my wonderful mother in law!) - I’m glad you are joining the group! I think it is a good chance that Heidi will be an avid reader when she grows up - she has “bookworm” genes on both sides of the family! :)

message 24: by Micaela (new)

Micaela Dixon | 1 comments Hello! I'm Mikki I'm a new mom of a 7 month old I used to read everyday but find it hard to make time now...I am excited to part of this group I will probably do audiobooks for this :) I work in the medical field I live in Toledo and have a great hubby

message 25: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 1 comments Hey everyone! I’m Brittany and I’m from Maine. I’m a single mom and I work full time as a physical therapist. I work 40 hour weeks and do some per diem work on the weekends, so a lot of time spent on reading journal articles and not necessarily for enjoyment. My two boys are ages 10 and 13. We are making our way through reading the Harry Potter series currently and on my own time I love YA fiction - anything fantasy I usually love, but I’m also a huge thriller and mystery fan. Stephen King is a fave. Currently I’m in the middle of FanGirl, The Girl Who Played with Fire, End of Watch, and Animal Farm. I typically have 3 or 4 books going at once 😊

message 26: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
Hi Mikki and Brittany - welcome to the group. Thanks so much for joining us!

message 27: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
Hi Molly - thank you for joining the group!!

message 28: by Rinda (new)

Rinda Reads (rindareads) Hi I'm Rinda. Obviously I love reading. I'm excited to have other book lovers to chat with.

message 29: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
Welcome to the group Rinda!

message 30: by Megan (new)

Megan (mecregge) | 3 comments Oops I just saw this! I'm Megan, currently residing in Southern California. I love reading, and I'm almost always a part of a book club, but I don't read the book if I don't like it. Life is too short for boring books! I recently joined bookstagram, where I was thrilled to see that I am not the only weirdo who reads more books than there are weeks in a year! I just followed a bunch of you on Instagram, I'm @glitterandplato.

message 31: by Andrea Kalmbach (new)

Andrea Kalmbach | 1 comments Hi I am Andrea and I live in Southern part of Delaware. I am an elementary teacher and have a daughter in college. I love cozy mysteries, suspense, thrillers, and historical fiction . I don’t read non- fiction although I read 3 biographies this past year. I am a member of a book club and I won’t read a book I don’t like.

message 32: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 41 comments Mod
Welcome Megan and Andrea! Looking forward to many great discussions :)

message 33: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Põldaru | 4 comments Brittany wrote: "Hey everyone! I’m Brittany and I’m from Maine. I’m a single mom and I work full time as a physical therapist. I work 40 hour weeks and do some per diem work on the weekends, so a lot of time spent ..."

Haha so glad to see I'm not the only one who reads a few at a time. Do you ever find it confusing and mixing up the plots?

message 34: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Põldaru | 4 comments Andrea Kalmbach wrote: "Hi I am Andrea and I live in Southern part of Delaware. I am an elementary teacher and have a daughter in college. I love cozy mysteries, suspense, thrillers, and historical fiction . I don’t read ..."

Hi Andrea, totally with you on the not reading a book you don't like. I recently started something but just did not enjoy it one bit so I left it. There are too many books out there as it is :) Welcome to the club :)

message 35: by Silvia (new)

Silvia Põldaru | 4 comments ReadingSlowly wrote: "Hi everyone, I’m Fee. I live just outside London with my husband, two kids and two dogs. I was an English teacher but am now finishing off a thesis on C19th literature 😊 So Happy to meet you all"

Hi Fee. A fellow UK resident :)