Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Contemporary Fiction. 2 chapters. 8k words. Adult themes. Language.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Landers | 10 comments Pretty much the title. I have a completed novel - The Last Time. It's about love, loss, 2nd chances, whiskey, and sometimes vodka. Vaughn and Ali get a second chance, but Vaughn may be too far gone to realize it.

Contemporary fiction - because I refuse to write a romance novel. :)

The entire thing is 70k words, but I'll send you the first two chapters. I'd love to hear what people think.

(If you dig around, you'll see that it's also self-published on Amazon in e-book form only. I'm not trying to pump up sales (although it wouldn't hurt). I honestly just want some feedback. If you like it and are interested, I'll give you a copy.)

message 2: by H.M (last edited Apr 23, 2019 08:08AM) (new)

H.M | 17 comments Hi,

I'd love to work with you. I posted about my novel. It's a contemporary also, at below 60K. The topic is abortion, though. Would you be happy with that? If so I'm ready to start when you are.
Oh, there are also elements of romance. Would that be okay?

Holly

message 3: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Landers | 10 comments Sure! I can provide the Drive link here for the first two chapters if you like.

message 4: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Alcyone | 246 comments I might be interested. What type of feedback would you be looking for specifically? (Since it sounds like a finished/polished book.)

message 5: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Landers | 10 comments I don't know about polished.

It's self-edited, self-published on Kindle.

I'm just looking for feedback, especially from people I don't know.

message 6: by J.R. (new)

J.R. Alcyone | 246 comments I have two stories in my queue right now so it'll be a few days before I get a chance to read it, but I'd be willing to take a look for you.

thegreenheron1980 at gmail dot com.