What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > YA sci-fi/post-apocalyptic from the 90s; boy and girl traveling to a safe haven

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 2 comments Hoping someone can finally help me find this book. About once a year, I give it a shot and come up empty handed.

I read this book back in the 90s (probably mid-late 90s, definitely not after 2001). My memory is very vague on a lot of the details. What I do recall is that it dealt with a boy and a girl traveling to a safe haven (a rumored city or dome that was safe following some catastrophic event?)

I have a vague recollection of it being cold or winter while they traveled, and my sense is that it was always dark. It was not particularly fantastical or super science fiction-y. I don't remember any secondary characters, but it's possible I forgot. I think the cover was dark or black (maybe black and white?)

What I do recall a little more specifically is that the two finally arrived at their destination and were told that in an effort to repopulate the Earth, they'd be expected to partner with someone of the opposite sex. There was an understanding that of course they would choose each other, so there may have been a romance throughout.

I've looked for this book forever, with all sorts of search terms and catalogs and groups like this. My former library doesn't have records going back far enough and they no longer have the book as far as I can tell (I looked through all their listed YA books in their online catalog).

I know it's vague, so any suggestions you have are appreciated!

message 2: by John (new)

John Michael | 7 comments sounds similar to Emergence by David Palmer

message 3: by El (new)

El | 502 comments Emergence for John's suggestion

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Emergence (other topics)