Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading April 21?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2091 comments Mod
Ladies, sorry for the late post! I made I home to Texas and I've sort of settled in.
Thank y'all for the good wishes. My travels were safe and it's good to be back home.

This week I'm reading Free Hand by E.M. Lindsey, Made For You by P.J. Oliver, and Temporary Bliss by Kiska Gray.

message 2: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Very excited that The Austen Playbook by Lucy Parker downloaded onto my tablet last night!!!

message 3: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1278 comments Glad you've settled in Okie. :-)

I finished and LOVED my ARC of The Lemon Sisters by Jill Shalvis. I'm currently re-reading/listening to Rock Hard by Nalini Singh and reading another ARC, Rogue Most Wanted which is good so far. :-)

message 4: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1186 comments I don't think that I have read any Jill Shalvis books but that doesn't seem right lol
I started The Austen Playbook yesterday (public holiday here) and i am about half way! Loving it so far!

message 5: by Stacey (new)

Stacey (staceyissassy) | 1278 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "I don't think that I have read any Jill Shalvis books but that doesn't seem right lol
I started The Austen Playbook yesterday (public holiday here) and i am about half way! Loving it so far!"

There are a lot of really good books by Jill Shalvis that it would be hard to say which is her best. I think I've read everything she's written.

message 6: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 385 comments Jill Shalvis is awesome! I think I've discussed my views of her writing here before? She's formulaic for sure BUT her humor is always fresh and funny and I just luv me some witty banter :D.

I'm reading The Austen Playbook and really, why can't Lucy Parker crank out one of these per month?? It's so good!

I've also begun Station Eleven for book club and have A Strange Hymn by Laura Thalassa ready and waiting on my bedside table.

Over the weekend, I devoured Motion and Space by Penny Reid and looking forward to finishing the trilogy with Time

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan (susaninaz) | 1018 comments The Glass Ocean was recently reduced in e-book price, so I'm reading it this week. Terrific scenes with Robert--he's my favorite character so far.

message 8: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1917 comments Mod
Yay! I can't wait to hear what y'all think about The Austen Playbook. I adored it. Lucy Parker writes the best grumpy but secretly sweet heroes. And I've been hoping for a book about Freddie, the heroine, since Act Like It.

I'm currently reading Jane Harper's The Lost Man, which is a mystery set in the Australian outback in Queensland. Very remote and atmospheric.

message 9: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments I really, really enjoyed The Austen Playbook! Lucy writes such awesome characters. They are all so different with their own little quirks but I've liked them all! Any word on who is next? I would love to see stories for Sabrina and Nick Davenport or Maya and maybe Dylan or Charlie!

message 10: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2094 comments Mod
The website says info about the next book coming soon.
My guess would be Sabrina and Davenport

message 11: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 896 comments Thanks, Deb! She has a cute website! It looks like Sabrina is next... she's the redhead!

So glad to hear about The Lemon Sisters, Stacey. Jill's mainstream romances are hit or miss for me, but I love this Women's Fiction series!

message 12: by Chocolatesoup (new)

Chocolatesoup | 385 comments I loved it as well and thought Charlie was adorable and could definitely see a story with Sabrina and Nick.