Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Edition Language not filled out many times people forget it is there.

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Chris (new)

Chris | 15 comments When adding a new book alot of time this box is not filled out. Suggest you move the Edition Language above the description people tend to forget that box

message 2: by Elizabeth (Alaska) (last edited Apr 22, 2019 10:21AM) (new)

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6548 comments Chris wrote: "When adding a new book alot of time this box is not filled out. Suggest you move the Edition Language above the description people tend to forget that box"

I believe what is happening is that the bots no longer import the language - they had a problem with importing languages incorrectly and their solution was to not do it all.

In any case, suggesting a change in layout or other type of programming change needs to be sent to staff. You can email to support at goodreads dot com.

message 3: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13559 comments Those records are usually added by import bots. Since f.e. the Amazon bot used to fill in 'English' on all editions no matter the language, GR decided to leave the field blank instead. (Because no information is better than wrong information.)

message 4: by Chris (new)

Chris | 15 comments sorry I was referring to when a book is manually added if that field was no hidden beneath the description but moved above it I feel if would be filled out by people more often. I too tend to forget it is there

Elizabeth (Alaska) wrote: "Chris wrote: "When adding a new book alot of time this box is not filled out. Suggest you move the Edition Language above the description people tend to forget that box"

I believe what is happenin..."

Chris wrote: "When adding a new book alot of time this box is not filled out. Suggest you move the Edition Language above the description people tend to forget that box"

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 6548 comments No one other than librarians are going to see librarian notes, and that only when edits need to be one. You need to contact staff to get changes made to the edit page layout.

message 6: by Emily (last edited Apr 23, 2019 07:33AM) (new)

Emily | 12995 comments For questions or comments/suggestions on site functionality, please post in the Feedback group here:
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...