2020 SQHS Your Literate Life - BOOK REVIEWS ONLY discussion

Swimming to Antarctica, Lynne Cox

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jovani (new)

Jovani | 5 comments Swimming to Antarctica
By Lynne Cox
Written by Jovani Figueroa

The story ill be explaining about is about Teenage girl named Lynne Cox born in Boston, Ma. Lynne goal is to swim to Antarctica, but she knew that she was going to practice hard and go through these obstacles. At the age of 14 she was already on the USA National swimming team for long distance. One thing that really impressed me about her is that she set 2 world records by swimming the English Channel after her first was beaten when she was gone in Egypt. I don’t want to give too much away because I think this book is a must read!

After reading this book for the first time was amazing, I never seen someone experience so much going through these hard obstacles. This isn't a book just for sports enthusiasts, it was very appealing to me. One thing I couldn’t understand about the author how she wasn’t fearful about swimming those bodies of water.

message 2: by Kristoff (new)

Kristoff Kogan | 10 comments sounds super cool! stories like this are fantastic.

message 3: by Erika (new)

Erika Thorsen | 38 comments Mod
It seems like a book just about swimming could get boring, but obviously -- based on your enthusiasm -- that wasn't the case. What made it compelling to read? How does Cox keep it interesting? What made you keep reading? Did you like her writing style?

message 4: by Bella (new)

Bella | 12 comments I usually don't read sport books but this seems sort of interesting. I can imagine there is a lot of personal growth involved in training for such a big event.