And that's why we drink bookclub discussion

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Spencer (barbarajs) | 5 comments I just found this group and am wondering if it's still active? How do I find out the current title? Thanks.

message 2: by ashley (new)

ashley (amorfatiyousee) | 1 comments I don't think it's been super active for awhile, but I'd be down with it starting back up.

message 3: by NC (new)

NC Nerd (ncnerd) | 1 comments If you guys start, let me know!

message 4: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Spencer (barbarajs) | 5 comments I'd live to be a part of it, but I'm not willing to run it. lol

message 5: by Delanee (new)

Delanee Ensley | 2 comments I'm willing to help run it if someone wants...

message 6: by Sam (new)

Sam (sammayreads) | 42 comments Mod
Hi, sorry I know I’ve let this go silent, I’ve had a very intense very busy six months and this just slipped off my radar completely.
If anyone would like to become a moderator, flick me a message and I’ll add you on
Sam

message 7: by Delanee (new)

Delanee Ensley | 2 comments I can attempt to be a moderator... I get done with school on the 6th so I should be more responsive at that point, but I don't know how good I would be at it.

message 8: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin (kirstinreview) | 8 comments I would love to get this back up and running again.

message 9: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiekatt) | 3 comments Kirstin wrote: "I would love to get this back up and running again."

yes! What can I do to help?

message 10: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin (kirstinreview) | 8 comments I guess what we can do is just suggest people to the page and suggest new books.

message 11: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Spencer (barbarajs) | 5 comments I'd love to help run things if you need me to...I'll help, not be in charge. lol

message 12: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Spencer (barbarajs) | 5 comments how about some book suggestions?

message 13: by Megan (last edited Sep 12, 2019 04:22PM) (new)

Megan | 3 comments Are we going to run this like an actual book club with suggestions made and then a book picked for the week or the month or something for everyone to read and then discuss? Or is it just going to be a collection of suggestions that people make that others might enjoy? Either way I am with the others here that i would love this page to get up an running again :)

message 14: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin (kirstinreview) | 8 comments I think we could do both. I know I'm too slow of a reader to go as a weekly or monthly read, but i think it would be good to have the options. Maybe like a general discussion, a monthly read a long, and a review for each book. That way everyone wins.

message 15: by Laura (new)

Laura Branum | 7 comments Has anyone read Devil in the white city? Maybe a good place to start if not?

message 16: by Megan (new)

Megan | 3 comments I've not read that so I'm happy to start with that if others are. I'm also keen to do the monthly read and have a discussion group about the book so people can have input as they finish reading which will also make it easier for new people in the future to find them and go back and read the comments if interested

message 17: by Frances (new)

Frances Wolfaardt | 17 comments Mod
I'm so glad to see this starting up again. It really helped me discover some interesting books last time. I don't mind helping with some admin things if needed. I work in HR so lists and spreadsheets are my jam.

I also wanted to suggest that maybe we do some podcast or documentary recs as well? Maybe focusing on short documentary-style podcast like Chillingworth, Dirty John, etc.

message 18: by Laura (new)

Laura Branum | 7 comments So maybe we should suggest titles and then we can have someone make a list for a new book each month and then start up a new chat for each month discussing books?

message 19: by Frances (new)

I don't mind making the list. Like I said I love lists. Should I make a new topic for suggestions?

Also, are we adding fiction? Because I was thinking that perhaps, similar to last time, we give a couple options from different genres (paranormal, true crime, fiction, etc) each month and they can pick what to read.

message 20: by Kirstin (new)

Kirstin (kirstinreview) | 8 comments That sounds good.

message 21: by Megan (new)

Megan | 3 comments yeah I like the idea of having variety in genres (True Crime, Fiction, etc) that way it allows for a mix and change each month as you please.
I am also happy to help with lists or admin kind of stuff if people need me to because, similar to Frances, lists and spreadsheets are a daily thing for me at work too :)

message 22: by Laura (new)

Laura Branum | 7 comments I created a new topic post under General in the group page

message 23: by Frances (last edited Sep 17, 2019 02:13AM) (new)

https://trello.com/b/nRTk99zF/and-tha...

I made a trello board to list all the suggestions. Feel free to browse. I"ll gather all the books already suggested on there today.

I'll keep it up to date on what we've read etc.

message 24: by Barbara (new)

Barbara Spencer (barbarajs) | 5 comments Love the Trello board list Frances.

message 25: by Mandy (new)

Mandy (megamandy) | 1 comments Is anybody still active one here? I am on episode 50 right now and heard about the club on a listener episode. Was really interested in getting involved but don’t see any recent posts…

Also I can go back but does anyone remember the name of the author/book that prompted them to mention the group? It was a lady named Echo something?…

message 26: by Floriane (new)

Floriane | 1 comments Hi! I've been keeping an eye on the conversations to see if the club was still active but the last activity I saw was a convo about a change of admins!
Would love to know if that's still in talks or maybe people have been swamped with irl stuff??