What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > WWII Girl Narrator About a Family Taken During Holocaust

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 3 comments For the life of me, I can't remember the name of this book! I read it in the summer of 1993. It's about a family that is taken during the holocaust. The daughter is the narrator. They travel on a train, and I can't remember if they go to a specific camp, or Siberia. I think the family consists of the daughter (narrator), her sister, mother, and father. I feel like at the beginning of the book the daughter says something to the effect of it was my last spring or last summer...

Does this sound familiar to anyone?

message 2: by Debra (new)

Debra Firestone | 121 comments While this book was originally written when I was a teenager, they did a new printing in 2001. It is a story about a girl being sent to different camps along with her mother and father and the girl is the narrator. While there isn't a sister, there is a close female friend that is sent to the same camps for awhile.At times they do travel on the trains. I do not remember the beginning, but the end of the book is her in a meadow with a butterfly during the spring/summertime. I Am Rosemarie

message 3: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 3 comments That’s not it. It looked familiar when I was searching, but not the same. Thanks, though!

message 4: by LauraW (last edited Apr 22, 2019 01:35PM) (new)

LauraW (lauralynnwalsh) | 374 comments The Endless Steppe?
The Endless Steppe Growing Up in Siberia by Esther Hautzig

message 5: by Caroline (new)

Caroline | 3 comments I saw that one and it’s close, too. Ugh, it’s driving me crazy!

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Caroline ~~
Don't give up! Just keep your thread current...
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 213 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 7: by Ember (new)

Ember | 35 comments Don't know if you're still searching but, it makes me think of Helga's Diary by Helga Weiss and Surviving the Angel of Death by Eva Mozes Kor