CPL's Book Quest: The Challenge discussion

2019 Weekly Threads > Week 17 - Earth Day

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Joanna (new)

Joanna | 733 comments Mod
May's Online Book Club theme has been posted - read a book that they later turned into a movie or television show. I'm looking forward to seeing what you all pick and of course, your opinions on its screen adaption.

Happy Earth Day, everyone! Are you doing anything special to celebrate today or do you celebrate every day?

It being Earth Day made me think of my favorite nonfiction category - nature/sciences. I've always gravitated towards those sorts of books. I especially love reading books about whales and dinosaurs. Some of my favorites are The Rise and Fall of Dinosaurs, The Tyrannosaur Chronicles, War of the Whales, and Of Orcas and Men.

Do you have a favorite nature/science/environment book?

If that's not really your section, what is your favorite area of nonfiction?

The Rise and Fall of the Dinosaurs A New History of a Lost World by Stephen Brusatte The Tyrannosaur Chronicles The Biology of the Tyrant Dinosaurs by David Hone War of the Whales A True Story by Joshua Horwitz Of Orcas and Men What Killer Whales Can Teach Us by David Neiwert

message 2: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann-fracturedfiction) | 464 comments I've been reading a lot from the 900s (history) and the 300s (social sciences) , but I'd say my favorite area of nonfiction is the 800s (literature). When I'm not reading cozy mysteries or binging on J.D. Robb mysteries- I've been reading books by women in the news, or esoteric nonfiction.
A Killer Plot (A Books by the Bay Mystery, #1) by Ellery Adams Concealed in Death (In Death, #38) by J.D. Robb Becoming by Michelle Obama The Truths We Hold An American Journey by Kamala Harris The Moment of Lift How Empowering Women Changes the World by Melinda Gates The Daemon Knows Literary Greatness and the American Sublime by Harold Bloom The Jazz of Physics The Secret Link Between Music and the Structure of the Universe by Stephon Alexander

message 3: by Janet (new)

Janet (janetmccord) | 10 comments My favorite "Earth Day" reading or book about the environment is the Bible. "For God created the Heavens and the Earth." I personally celebrated the Creator.