What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Feast of Fools
This topic is about Feast of Fools
SOLVED: Children's/YA > SOLVED. Medieval historical fiction about a kid whose friend Hugh is murdered [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Smith | 2 comments Read this 2006-2008, was a YA or possibly children's book set in the medieval times. The main character is a kid with a permanent injury or a disability in his leg. He lives in a church. His best friend Hugh, who is a fair haired child that everyone loves, goes missing. Initially the main character suspects one of the priests.
***SPOILERS***

Later it turns out to be the mayor or some kind of governing official who was trying to start a blood libel. I believe the main character chases the murderer up a tower and possibly warns the Jewish people in town to leave.

message 2: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5113 comments After some research, I’ve learned about the tragic story of Little Saint Hugh of Lincoln, a young boy who was killed in 1255. His death sparked a wave of anti-Semitism. Your book must have been based on that, but so far I haven’t found any book either based on the event or inspired by it.

message 3: by Ayshe (new)

message 4: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5113 comments Ayshe, how did you find that?! I spent more than an hour last night looking up every keyword I could think of.

message 5: by Ayshe (last edited Apr 22, 2019 02:57PM) (new)

Ayshe | 4163 comments :) I used your findings and searched for "Hugh of Lincoln" "children's books " in Google Books, the third result mentions "Crowley" and then I searched with that.

message 6: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5113 comments Well, I think you did it again.

message 7: by Rosa (new) - added it

Rosa (rosaiglarsh) | 5113 comments Is that the one, Scott?

Smith | 2 comments You got it; thank you! (For some reason last time I checked this I couldn't figure out how to post, so apologies for the very belated thanks!)