What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Finding Poem Illustration in Children's Book

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cyrena (new)

Cyrena Musset | 19 comments Hi there, I am looking for a children's book of poetry that contains a specific illustration. I believe the illustration I'm looking for is a dark pen-and-ink drawing of a girl standing in front of a stone tower at night with a small wooden door behind her. It kind of has a spooky vibe to it. If I remember correctly, the poem that accompanies this illustration is "Some One" by Walter de la Mare. This was part of a larger book of children's poetry. I have looked through most of la Mare's older works but the illustrations are all different. I think this book may have been published in 1999-2000? That's when I read it that is. Thank you for any help!!

message 2: by Mai (last edited Apr 23, 2019 09:26AM) (new)

Mai | 1253 comments I can't find much info about the illustration itself but there is an anthology that contains that poem:
A Child's Anthology of Poetry illustrated by Tom Pohrt. It's the 1995 edition though (there are two more recent ones) with an owl reading in the cover. His illustrations are described as "pen and ink".

message 3: by Cyrena (new)

Cyrena Musset | 19 comments Thanks so much for the suggestion, Mai! That book cover actually looks vaguely familiar. But you're right, not much out there about the illustrations. I may have to buy it haha.

message 4: by Mai (new)

Mai | 1253 comments Maybe you can find it through your local library!