Mental Illness Support Group discussion

Wonder World - Memories!

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (last edited Apr 21, 2019 07:27PM) (new)

Samantha (catsteaandbooks) A memory i'll always hold in my heart. <3

A spoonful of peanut butter on the counter after night time baths, as a little girl. My nana was a second mom to me until I was a teen and she was unable to continue doing so. Though she never stopped loving me. She passed away February 13 2018, from cancer.

She helped bring me into this world, took care of me, loved me, held my hand. I helped her leave this world, took care of her too, held her hand too.

To have been able to do such a thing. To have had that bond. Unspeakable.

She is a part of the reason I never gave up on nursing, and never will. I have amazing memories of my nana. All when I was young, before it all changed. I will forever cherish them.

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (catsteaandbooks) Ⓣⓐⓦⓝⓨⓕⓛⓐⓜⓔ wrote: "Thank you for sharing, Sammy. Losing a loved one can make the strongest of people, warriors, weak. A spoonful of peanut butter a night after baths? That sounds wonderfully delightful. I will keep y..."

She was. She really was.

I've always been strong about death. I've worked in hospice/Alzheimer's/etc.. I have beliefs that comfort me.

But when she went. I broke for a little while. I was in denial. I was angry. I was a mess. It took some time, but I'm whole again. I have her Teddy bear. I got it for her when she entered the home. She used to call me, "my sammy", she would tell everyone, "my sammy got me this". With a shining smile on her face that lit up her eyes and my heart.

Horrible things happen. But I have a belief system of my own that helps me see why. Helps me reason. Helps me through. Will continue to do so in the future with patients.

Yes, that was how she got me out of the tub!! lol I loved playing in there so much that she would bribe me out. Then it just became our thing. :)

message 3: by Skyscraper (last edited Apr 21, 2019 07:49PM) (new)

Skyscraper Hey shine your Grandpa is in better place hope your grandma ll be okay .I ll remember you in my prayers :)

message 4: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (catsteaandbooks) SHINE wrote: "My Grandpa passed away April 8th 2016 from cancer and he was my closest Grandpa. I'll never forget the camping trips and 4wheeling during those camping trips. Grandma is still alive, but she misses..."

Crying is okay. <3

you're very strong and have a loving soul. :)

message 5: by Skyscraper (new)

Skyscraper Hello to you both buddies :)

message 6: by Skyscraper (new)

Skyscraper Ⓣⓐⓦⓝⓨⓕⓛⓐⓜⓔ wrote: "She is strong and loving, Sammy. You're absolutely correct. I made this topic almost two hours ago in hopes that I could help anyone and it is! Thanks to all who use my Wonder Worlds and I hope you..."

It's a good idea ..... What I call you .Do you have no name ? I m new here :) I m also here to help people :)

message 7: by Skyscraper (new)

Skyscraper SHINE wrote: "MY WORSE MEMORIES:

SCHOOL BULLIES:From kindergarten to 2nd grade, I was bullied a lot. From the school bus (don't get me started), to the playground (one small accident and I get yelled at by boy..."

You are a positive thinker shine :) I can understand this bullying things I had faced it too .So I can easily understand this .It's good to forgive wrong doers not just for themselves but just for yourself :)

message 8: by Skyscraper (new)

Skyscraper Ⓣⓐⓦⓝⓨⓕⓛⓐⓜⓔ wrote: "Thanks, ImBookworm! Yes, my real name's Savanah, however I don't like using my real names, Tawnyflame sounds much better, sí?"

Ohh okay I ll call you Tawnyflame :) your this thread is a good step .

message 9: by Skyscraper (new)

Skyscraper Ⓣⓐⓦⓝⓨⓕⓛⓐⓜⓔ wrote: "Thanks, ImBookworm! Yes, my real name's Savanah, however I don't like using my real names, Tawnyflame sounds much better, sí? It's great to help people, so congrats on that! If you're new, go to pr..."

Hahaa Tawnyflame why is the profile pic so necessary ;)

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

How do you do spoilers...?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks!

message 12: by Rahul (new)

Rahul Verma (rverma) | 25 comments what think you about for a buffallow?