APHG The Future is Asian Book Group discussion

Joining the Group... tell us about you!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MaryAnn (new)

MaryAnn Sansonetti-Wood (msansonetti) | 11 comments Mod
Hello! I am MaryAnn. I am a teacher in Columbia, SC. I teach AP Human Geo and World Geo. I have taught APHG for 4 years and I am in my 20th year in education. I am looking forward to reading this book and making connections to the curriculum.

message 2: by Karen (new)

Karen Coss | 3 comments Hi! I'm Karen. I teach AP Human in Land O' Lakes, FL (9 years) and this is my 18th year teaching. I also teach World Cultural Geo and will be starting AP Comparative Gov next year. I've never used GoodReads and hope to be able to keep up with the reading (while at my kids sporting events maybe) to engage in discussions.

message 3: by Shauna (new)

Shauna Liverotti | 1 comments Hi All, I am Shauna. I teacher AP Human and AP US History for Florida Virtual School and live in Eustis, Florida. This is my 19th year teaching and I have been doing this virtual gig for 11. I am excited to read this book and make those connections with students. Thank you MaryAnn for organizing it.

message 4: by MaryAnn (new)

Hi, Karen and Shauna. Florida is representing! Glad you joined the group with no issues.

If you haven't purchased the book, go ahead and do so and start reading. I have to admit its going to take me extra time to stay on the reading this next couple of months.

message 5: by Karen (new)

Karen Alexander | 1 comments Hello, I'm Karen Alexander. I teach in Dallas TX. I've been teaching Human Geography for 7 years and teaching for 10. I teach at a public charter whos mission is to graduate our students as trilingual speakers of Spanish, English and Mandarin Chinese. I've just started the book and am really enjoying it.

message 6: by MaryAnn (new)

Hi, Karen. Thanks for joining. Tri-lingual graduates?? That’s amazing! I am just getting in to the book as well. I’ll start posting on the 22nd.

message 7: by Teresa (new)

Teresa | 3 comments Hi my name is Teresa. I teach in Louisville, KY. I've been teaching APHG for 8 years and teaching for 17 years. I just started the book last week and am looking forward to our discussion!

message 8: by MaryAnn (new)

Hi Teresa! Welcome.
Glad to have you along for this journey!