What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Husband
This topic is about The Husband
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Thriller/Syfi /Mystery /Crime /Adult; ended in a spectacular chase through town (foot or car, possibly just a race against the clock) as the protagonist attempted to return to a house. Spoilers ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by David (new)

David Viergutz (authordavidviergutz) | 4 comments Approximately 10 years ago, I read a book which ended in a spectacular chase through town (foot or car, possibly just a race against the clock) as the protagonist attempted to return to a house.
Media Format: Book, possibly a movie but I doubt it. Published in english.

At the time I was heavily vested in reading Michael Crichton and Stephen King.

Prior to this he was on the phone with several individuals both male and female voices. One was the victim who I believe was held hostage, the other the antagonist. The antagonist hears a gunshot over the phone I believe.

When the antagonist arrives, the major twist takes place as he realizes the antagonist and the victim are the SAME PERSON with multiple personalities and he/she was changing his voice per person and had shot himself/herself in the leg.

Bren fall in love with the sea. | 288 comments I do not know what book it is but whatever the title, I want to read it!

message 3: by David (new)

David Viergutz (authordavidviergutz) | 4 comments Bren wrote: "I do not know what book it is but whatever the title, I want to read it!"

Once it's found I will surely have an ah-ha! moment and recommend everyone read it. If not, I'll write the damn thing myself

message 4: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4070 comments Mod
David ~~
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 213 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!

message 5: by David (new)

David Viergutz (authordavidviergutz) | 4 comments Thank you!

message 6: by Pixiegirl105 (new)

Pixiegirl105 | 165 comments The Husband

I think it might be this one? The Husband by Dean Koontz.

message 7: by David (new)

David Viergutz (authordavidviergutz) | 4 comments Yes! That was it! Incredible! This has been on my mind for almost 10 years. I knew it was something I left when I left my childhood home but I could never figure it out,

message 8: by Pixiegirl105 (new)

Pixiegirl105 | 165 comments I'm glad I could help! :) It was one of the few after Odd Thomas books of DK's that I liked.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Husband (other topics)