YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1)
This topic is about The Glittering Court
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Glittering Court (The Glittering Court #1) by Richelle Mead - Restarting March 28th 2020

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8578 comments The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1) by Richelle Mead
Big and sweeping, spanning from the refined palaces of Osfrid to the gold dust and untamed forests of Adoria, The Glittering Court tells the story of Adelaide, an Osfridian countess who poses as her servant to escape an arranged marriage and start a new life in Adoria, the New World. But to do that, she must join the Glittering Court.

Both a school and a business venture, the Glittering Court is designed to transform impoverished girls into upper-class ladies who appear destined for powerful and wealthy marriages in the New World. Adelaide naturally excels in her training, and even makes a few friends: the fiery former laundress Tamsin and the beautiful Sirminican refugee Mira. She manages to keep her true identity hidden from all but one: the intriguing Cedric Thorn, son of the wealthy proprietor of the Glittering Court.

When Adelaide discovers that Cedric is hiding a dangerous secret of his own, together they hatch a scheme to make the best of Adelaide’s deception. Complications soon arise—first as they cross the treacherous seas from Osfrid to Adoria, and then when Adelaide catches the attention of a powerful governor.

But no complication will prove quite as daunting as the potent attraction simmering between Adelaide and Cedric. An attraction that, if acted on, would scandalize the Glittering Court and make them both outcasts in wild, vastly uncharted lands…

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments I would love to join up with you guys for this if that is ok?

Alicia 🌻 | 11 comments I’d like to join this read too!

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8578 comments The more the better, I was thinking of doing the second and third book in June too if you guys we’re interested since this is so late in the month.

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8578 comments Started this today! I’m hoping I like it since I couldn’t get into the Vampire Academy when I gave it a go. This book may not have the best of ratings but I’m hoping the opposite will ring true for me lol
13%(view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8578 comments 40% (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments I have started just haven't made it all that far yet!

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8578 comments 84% (view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 8578 comments Finished Review(view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments i'm going to have to continue this into June, we are dealing with severe flooding in our area and I just haven't had time yet to get into this.

message 11: by Carolyn (last edited Jun 04, 2019 06:15PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments ************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date changed. Restarting June 6th 2019. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

message 12: by Carolyn (last edited Jun 04, 2019 06:16PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I'm starting this book today.

0%- This is a reread for me. I read this back in December of 2017. I loved it the first time, and I hope I will love it equally as much the second go through. I can't wait to dive into it.

message 13: by Tiera (last edited Jun 04, 2019 06:18PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments I restarted this via audio on Audible. I tried to get to it at the end of May but just couldn't make it happen.

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Oh. You're welcome to join us. The more, the merrier. 😄

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments 1%- I began reading last night before going to bed, but I didn't get very far. (view spoiler)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments I should be joining this weekend :)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Great!

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments 13%- Up to Chapter 5- (view spoiler)

Tiera McMillian (hawtmess) | 3465 comments The Glittering Court (The Glittering Court, #1) by Richelle Mead
25% (view spoiler)

30% (view spoiler)

59% (view spoiler)

63% (view spoiler)

77% (view spoiler)

86% (view spoiler)

98% (view spoiler)

Finished: Well this book turned into something I wasn't expecting at all. (view spoiler)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments 37%- Up to chapter 12. (view spoiler)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments 56%- Up to Chapter 18 (view spoiler)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments 74%- Up to Chapter 24- I will read the last 100 pages tomorrow. (view spoiler)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments Chapter 1 (view spoiler)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments Chapter 2 (view spoiler)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments 100%- (view spoiler)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments Chapter 5 (view spoiler)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments Chapter 11 (view spoiler)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments Chapter 12 (view spoiler)

Amanda Setasha Hall (azenakira) | 1051 comments Chapter 27 (view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84933 comments Mod
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Date changed. Restarting March 28th 2020. Happy Reading ☺

message 31: by phoebe (new) - added it

phoebe carrazco (phoebecarrazco) | 545 comments Starting! :)

Lizz (Beer, Books and Boos) | 701 comments Chapter One
(view spoiler)

message 33: by phoebe (new) - added it

phoebe carrazco (phoebecarrazco) | 545 comments Chapter Four (view spoiler)