The Banished Lands and The Bloodsworn discussion

36 views
Ideas > Things you want to do in this group...

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William Gwynne (willjrgwynne) | 479 comments Mod
If anyone has any ideas for what to talk about or want anything to happen, post on here and we will do it if it is possible :).


message 2: by Ella (new)

Ella Sloat | 17 comments For starters I think it's awesome that your family recognized the talent for writing and pushed you to try writing something. How crazy life is and surprises you with this easiness to write novels.
My question is Was it an easy writing or more of a struggle? Did you have an idea before starting to put words down or it just came as you began the novel?
You might have answered these questions before so sorry if I am making you repeat yourself.


message 3: by William (new)

William Gwynne (willjrgwynne) | 479 comments Mod
Ella wrote: "For starters I think it's awesome that your family recognized the talent for writing and pushed you to try writing something. How crazy life is and surprises you with this easiness to write novels...."

Luckily as I am the son of the author I have easy access to these answers :). This is what he said....

Malice was written over a 10 year period as it was a hobby so it was always easy writing and never a struggle. He wrote it at first just to read to his children.

He did a lot of research over the years and had a rough idea of what would occur over the series, but alongside that, a lot changed and adapted to what he thought would be most suitable to the story.

Hope they answered your questions Ella :).


message 4: by Ella (new)

Ella Sloat | 17 comments It sure did. Thank you.


message 5: by William (new)

William Gwynne (willjrgwynne) | 479 comments Mod
Ella wrote: "It sure did. Thank you."

You are very welcome.

If you have any other questions or want anything to happen in this group just ask :).


message 6: by Maxime (new)

Maxime (mightymax) | 11 comments I still have not read the newest series but I have to ask as this question is vivid in my mind, what made John decide to write a sequel that happens a long time into the future, instead of something more direct where he could have used a lot of his main cast again?

I guess I am just a bit sad about having finished the adventures of Corban, Storm and everyone else, and that with this new series (which looks amazing in its own right) it's seems unlikely that he will backtrack and write a direct sequel to Wrath at all.


message 7: by William (new)

William Gwynne (willjrgwynne) | 479 comments Mod
Maxime wrote: "I still have not read the newest series but I have to ask as this question is vivid in my mind, what made John decide to write a sequel that happens a long time into the future, instead of somethin..."

The main reason was so he could have a mostly new cast so it was a new series. Although some characters do appear in both series :).


message 8: by Ella (new)

Ella Sloat | 17 comments Will he eventually bring us back to the time between the two series? I would love to read about the first characters and what they did after. Although there's no war to fight and everyone is pretty much rebuilding but I would like in insight on their lives. Was he thinking of doing that?


message 9: by William (new)

William Gwynne (willjrgwynne) | 479 comments Mod
Ella wrote: "Will he eventually bring us back to the time between the two series? I would love to read about the first characters and what they did after. Although there's no war to fight and everyone is pretty..."

Has not planned anything yet, though he did do a short story about Corban during that period.


message 10: by Kyle (new)

Kyle  Gilbert | 4 comments Hi and thanks for the invite... I'd love to see a section for fan art myself. So we can see other people's visions on what characters like Corban and Storm are.... 😊


message 11: by William (new)

William Gwynne (willjrgwynne) | 479 comments Mod
Mr wrote: "Hi and thanks for the invite... I'd love to see a section for fan art myself. So we can see other people's visions on what characters like Corban and Storm are.... 😊"

Hi there, I will try and find some fan art :)


message 12: by William (new)

William Gwynne (willjrgwynne) | 479 comments Mod
Mr wrote: "Hi and thanks for the invite... I'd love to see a section for fan art myself. So we can see other people's visions on what characters like Corban and Storm are.... 😊"

And if I can work out to upload them...


message 13: by William (new)

William Gwynne (willjrgwynne) | 479 comments Mod
Kyle wrote: "Hi and thanks for the invite... I'd love to see a section for fan art myself. So we can see other people's visions on what characters like Corban and Storm are.... 😊"

I have uploaded a piece of fan art of Storm and Corban on the 'pictures' part of the group.

Hop you like it :).


message 14: by Kyle (new)

Kyle  Gilbert | 4 comments Brilliant stuff thank you very much.


message 15: by William (new)

William Gwynne (willjrgwynne) | 479 comments Mod
What would everyone like to do or talk about in this group?


back to top