New Adult Book Club discussion

L.H. Cosway
This topic is about L.H. Cosway
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Author Q+A's > L.H. Cosway Q&A

Comments Showing 1-50 of 57 (57 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nicola (last edited Apr 21, 2019 11:13AM) (new)

Nicola (nikki-lou) | 2115 comments

This week we are very excited to welcome back the super lovely and talented L.H. Cosway with us.L.H. is the author of many books including the HEARTS SERIES Six of Hearts, Hearts of Fire, King of Hearts, THE PAINTED FACES SERIES Painted Faces . RUGBY series The Hooker and the Hermit, The Player and the Pixie The Cad and the Co-Ed and many many more. L.H is with us all week taking your questions , so leave yours below!!

message 2: by Carolina (new)

Carolina León (cariiitolm) | 94 comments What inspire you? Is it easy the writing process for you? Or what's the key to make it fluid?

message 3: by Ann (new)

Ann | 74 comments When did you decide you wanted to be writer?

message 4: by Brianna (new)

Brianna | 154 comments What made you decide to be a writer and did you have the stories you wanted to write already planned out in your head (lack of better description lol) or did it take you time to find them?

message 5: by Yvette (new)

Yvette (ydbrooks) Of all the books you’ve written, which one do you have the deepest connection with and why?

message 6: by Phuong ✯ (new)

Phuong ✯ | 7 comments Do you have a tracklist when you are writing a book?

message 7: by Betül (new)

Betül (gemiinii) | 135 comments Can you tell us something about the next book you are writing?

message 8: by Pamela (new)

Pamela Lilley (lilleyloohlah) | 129 comments Any chance you’ll be at RARE20Edinburgh? 🙏🥰

message 9: by Follow the (new)

Follow the Reader (followthereader) | 2 comments I was recently privileged to meet you at RARE Paris. Do you intend to come back in France with a new release book ?

message 10: by Zsuzsa (new)

Zsuzsa Lévai | 23 comments How does collaborating with another author work?
Do you have any favorite characters from your books?

message 11: by Anto ~ mcbr (new)

Anto ~ mcbr (multicoloredbookreviews) | 50 comments Who is your ultimate book bf/gf? Either from your own books or someone else's

message 12: by Debra (new)

Debra Shutters (debrashutters) What inspired you to become a writer?

message 13: by Elle P. (new)

Elle P. Golden | 186 comments What are the scenes you think are the hardest and the easiest to write about?

message 14: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 22 comments Are there any plans to write more books with Penny Reid?

message 15: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Ortiz | 731 comments Who are some of your favorite authors?

message 16: by Marina (new)

Marina Skinner | 16 comments Sinceyou are new to me, which one book do you suggest I absolutely have to read??? Or your favourite book you've written??!! Thank you

message 17: by J. (new)

J. (leaj) | 275 comments If you could be any book character for a day, who would you choose and why?

message 18: by Grace (new)

Grace Worland Do you listen to music when you write? If so what type?

message 19: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Wonderland | 18 comments ... Maybe a weird question but... how old are you? You are very talented and know a lot of things about different arts and you seem so young. That's impressive!

message 20: by Maria (new)

Maria Dalmau (ivythebookgeek) | 53 comments Do you have any routines or habits when you write?

message 21: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Phuong wrote: "Do you have a tracklist when you are writing a book?"

Yes! I always make a new playlist on Spotify for every book. You can check them all out here -> https://open.spotify.com/user/lorrain...

message 22: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Carolina wrote: "What inspire you? Is it easy the writing process for you? Or what's the key to make it fluid?"

I get inspiration from lots of places, though I'm mostly inspired by music. I often listen to a single song over and over, and sometimes even write a whole book based on my connection to it. Some books are easier to write than others. It all depends on how I feel about the characters and the subject matter. For me, having a good outline and doing lots of research in advance makes the writing process more fluid.

message 23: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Ann wrote: "When did you decide you wanted to be writer?"

I was about 24/25 when I decided to try being a writer full-time, but I've always loved books, both writing and reading them, ever since I was a child. Before I discovered self-publishing, writing for a living felt more like a pipe dream, something that I might do far ahead in the future. Then the internet came along and made the tools for publishing available to everyone.

☆ syu, the romance aficionado ☆ (suetheromancetrash) | 7 comments You’re going to hate me for asking this BUT personally Nicholas is my favorite out of all the characters you’ve written. So I guess what I’m asking is, which one is yours? 🥳

message 25: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Brianna wrote: "What made you decide to be a writer and did you have the stories you wanted to write already planned out in your head (lack of better description lol) or did it take you time to find them?"

One of the main reasons I became a writer was to write the sorts of books I wanted to read. I think the driving force behind my first couple of books was that they were stories I wished were already written. No one else was going to write them so I had to do it myself, lol.

I typically know the next 4 to 5 books I'm going to write at any given time. When I started writing I definitely knew several of the books I wanted to write ahead of time. Finding the time to fit them in was the hard part!

message 26: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Yvette wrote: "Of all the books you’ve written, which one do you have the deepest connection with and why?"

My book, Still Life with Strings, has a special place in my heart. At the time I was writing it I lived in a pretty rough neighborhood, which I had a very love/hate relationship with. I think writing a story set exactly where I lived helped me sort through a lot of the feelings and frustrations I was having, while also expressing my deep love of the place.

message 27: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Betul wrote: "Can you tell us something about the next book you are writing?"

The next book I'm writing is titled "Something in the Air" and it's book #2 in my Running on Air series. It will feature James & Michaela who some readers may have met in the first book. That's all I can reveal for now ;-)

message 28: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Pamela wrote: "Any chance you’ll be at RARE20Edinburgh? 🙏🥰"

Well, Edinburgh is one of my favourite cities. We shall see ;-)

message 29: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Follow the wrote: "I was recently privileged to meet you at RARE Paris. Do you intend to come back in France with a new release book ?"

Yes! I'm hoping to make it back in either 2020 or 2021 for the Livre Paris fair.

message 30: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Zsuzsa wrote: "How does collaborating with another author work?
Do you have any favorite characters from your books?"

When I collaborate with Penny we usually decide who's going to write the male character and who's going to write the female. Then I write one chapter and she writes the next, and we swap chapters until the book is done.

Hmmm...that's a tough question, but I do have a soft spot for Fred & Nicholas from Painted Faces, and also Alexis from King of Hearts :-)

message 31: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Anto wrote: "Who is your ultimate book bf/gf? Either from your own books or someone else's"

My ultimate book boyfriend would have to be Josh from The Hating Game by Sally Thorne, and my ultimate book girlfriend is Sandra from Love Hacked by Penny Reid <3

message 32: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Tracy wrote: "Are there any plans to write more books with Penny Reid?"

Yes definitely. Lots of plans. Possibly next year, if our writing schedules allow.

message 33: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Nicole wrote: "Who are some of your favorite authors?"

Christina Lauren, Mariana Zapata, Kylie Scott, Kristin Callahan, Penny Reid, Sally Thorne, Sarah J. Maas, and Holly Black to name a few!

message 34: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Marina wrote: "Sinceyou are new to me, which one book do you suggest I absolutely have to read??? Or your favourite book you've written??!! Thank you"

Hello! If you like stand-alones try Painted Faces, but if you like long series you could start with Six of Hearts. Those are my two biggest fan favourites.

message 35: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Patricia wrote: "... Maybe a weird question but... how old are you? You are very talented and know a lot of things about different arts and you seem so young. That's impressive!"

I'll take that as a compliment lol! I'm 32 :-)

message 36: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Grace wrote: "Do you listen to music when you write? If so what type?"

Yes I do. I listen to all different types of music, from classical to rock to hip hop to pop. It all depends on what mood I'm in and the mood of the story. At the moment I'm going through an obsession with pop from the 60s.

message 37: by Emily (new)

Emily Katherine (emkaybee24) | 107 comments What is your favorite snack while writing? (if any)

message 38: by Steffi (new)

Steffi De Ceuster  ♥ | 71 comments What do you do when you don't know how to get further with the book? Do you push it through or do something to relax and make it come to you?

message 39: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Wonderland | 18 comments Your fav' song from David Bowie?

message 40: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Wonderland | 18 comments L.H. wrote: "Patricia wrote: "... Maybe a weird question but... how old are you? You are very talented and know a lot of things about different arts and you seem so young. That's impressive!"

I'll take that as..."

that was a compliment, i'm impressed! and i thought you were 26/28 lol

message 41: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (jenniferblair) | 28 comments How do you come up with your characters occupations? They are obviously a big part of the characters themselves but they are so incredibly unique and I absolutely love reading your books because it’s like a look into another world I have no idea about and would never think about reading.

message 42: by Antonella (last edited Apr 22, 2019 01:41PM) (new)

Antonella | 234 comments Hello...

First I love your books, sorry I missed you in Paris, I couldn't go...Will you be in Edinburgh 2020 for RARE event?

I love King of Hearts that is one of my fav books of all time and my favorite book of yours, I love the whole series and other series too, but this book is something special. Truly unforgettable read. Anything you can share about it-? The plot, characters anything? Behind the scenes and things about writing it....
Did you knew you will write Oliver's story when you wrote Hearts of fire?

All the best and I hope I will meet you and you will sign my copy of King of Hearts...
..cant't wait to start this new series....

xx

message 43: by Carolina (new)

Carolina alejandra Vega Alvarado (caritovega) | 14 comments Maybe this is difficult to answer for a writer, but do have a favorite characters of yours? The one you love the most because is the one you identify yourself with she/he?

message 44: by Suzana (new)

Suzana (bibliophile_suzy) | 36 comments Do you do a lot of research when you start writing or just go with the flow and does music inspire your writing process?

message 45: by carrie thackston (new)

carrie thackston | 71 comments Where did you get inspiration for Nicholas and Freda? Do you plan to write more PNR? I loved Teagan! I have to say The Wurzels "Combine Harvester" karaoke scene was one of the best scenes I've ever read! I frequently sing Melanie's "Brand New Key" when I'm cleaning, so catchy and a bit lewd in the best way!

message 46: by Irma (new)

Irma *Irma The Book Whisperer* | 325 comments Hi :) Wha character of your was the most fun to write about?

message 47: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Emily wrote: "What is your favorite snack while writing? (if any)"

I don't really snack much while writing, but I do like to have a cup of coffee when I sit down.

message 48: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Jennifer wrote: "How do you come up with your characters occupations? They are obviously a big part of the characters themselves but they are so incredibly unique and I absolutely love reading your books because it..."

Usually it's whatever's exciting me at the time. I tend to get really interested in different things, like magic, or circus performers or parkour, so I dig into researching those things and they inspire a lot of the stories I write.

message 49: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Antonella wrote: "Hello...

First I love your books, sorry I missed you in Paris, I couldn't go...Will you be in Edinburgh 2020 for RARE event?

I love King of Hearts that is one of my fav books of all time and m..."

I can neither confirm nor deny Edinburgh 2020 just yet, but watch this space :-)

Thank you for your kind words about King of Hearts! The song "Viva La Vida" by Coldplay actually inspired the entire story. I was writing the early chapters of Hearts of Fire at the time when that song came on one of my playlists. For the first time I really listened to the lyrics and the character of Oliver King just miraculously appeared in my head. I knew immediately that I wanted to tell his story.

Fingers crossed we will meet in person someday!

message 50: by L.H. (new)

L.H. Cosway (lhcosway) | 82 comments Antonella wrote: "Hello...

I love King of Hearts that is one of my fav books of all time and m..."

I'm not sure if I can pick a favourite, that's too hard lol! The characters I probably identify most with are Jade from Still Life with Strings, Ellen from Fauxmance and Dylan from The Cracks Duet.

« previous 1
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.