Hooked on Books discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > May 2019

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nicole (last edited May 09, 2019 05:17PM) (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Having trouble getting through your to read shelf? Can't decide what to read next? Would you like someone to choose a book for you to read? This is a monthly challenge where participants get paired up randomly and their partner picks a book for them to read. If this sounds like fun to you, welcome to this month's Pick It For Me challenge!

Sign ups end on the 24th. Partners will be assigned shortly thereafter. Book choices for your partners are to be given on or before the 1st. Please check back often during that time to be sure that you don't miss anything!

Guidelines
** Sign up below with your to-read shelf (or the shelf you prefer your picks to come from). Please do this so I will not have to guess which one.
* Please be sure that your profile is set to public, or that you friend your partner so that they can see your shelves. - IF YOUR PROFILE IS NOT SET TO PUBLIC, PLEASE PROVIDE A LIST FOR YOUR PARTNER TO CHOOSE FROM

If you do not plan to participate or are unsure if you can pick a novel for your partner, PLEASE, PLEASE do not sign up. It is very difficult to re-pair individuals once we are underway.

After your partner selects a book for you, be sure and check back in each week or so to let us know your progress. Tell us if you like the book, love it or think it is just so-so.

1. Christine picks for Kelsi Message 25

2 Carrie (Pick 2) picks for Matilde Message 28

3. Matilde picks for Kathy Message 19

4. Kelsi picks for Arena Message 26

5. Kathy picks for Jen Messge 23

6. Arena picks for Christine Message 18

7. Susan picks for Stephanie Message 16
nd
8. Rachel picks for Rachel Messaged with pick and apology for glitch

9. Sara picks for Carrie (Pick 2) Message 30

10. Jen picks for Susan Messaged with pick.

11. Stephanie picks for Janne Message 21

12. Janne picks for Sara Message 20

message 3: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments I'm in with just 2 this month from my https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 6: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 519 comments I'm in with my Pick-it-for-me shelf. https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 7: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 1590 comments I would love this challenge. Here is my shelf https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 9: by Sara (new)

Sara Wortman I'm in :) please pick from my to read shelf

message 10: by Jen (new)

Jen (catlady1981) | 103 comments Im in

message 11: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie Tuell (booksloveme) | 205 comments Mod
if it's not too late, can I join please?! if so, please pick from my next shelf! thanks

message 12: by Janne (new)

Janne (missadventuress) | 73 comments I'm in with my Pick for me shelf

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) I will be picking partners in the morning. If anybody still wants to sign up, let me know!

message 14: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) I am so very sorry about not getting partners picked! I will find a way to make this up to you all! I just found out the other day I may have diabetes. And I also found out I got another job! So good news and bad news this week!

message 15: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 1590 comments Nicole we all have things that happen to us that are completely out of our control. Life happens to the best of us. This is just a reading challenge and not the end of the world. If people have given you grief over this then they have far to much time on their hands and need to get over it.

My partner is Stephanie

Here are 3 books I have picked for you to choose from

Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng I have just got this from my daughter and would love to buddy read it with someone.

The Cabin at the End of the World by Paul Tremblay I have heard nothing but amazing things about this book.

Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty I got this in my Book of the Month a few months ago and I have yet to pick it up...again if you're up to a buddy read let me know :)

message 16: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Dunton (willowstarserenity) Susan wrote: "Nicole we all have things that happen to us that are completely out of our control. Life happens to the best of us. This is just a reading challenge and not the end of the world. If people have giv..."

Thanks hun! I got Nine Perfect Strangers for BOTM too! I'd love to buddy read with the two of you if you want! Everything I Never Told You is an amazing book, but it's sad for sure.

message 17: by matilde (new)

matilde (matiswonderland) I Choose Circe for Kathy!!

message 18: by Janne (new)

Janne (missadventuress) | 73 comments Sara, I choose Brave by Rose McGowan for you

message 19: by Stephanie (new)

Janne for you i pick Gremlins by George Gipe i loved the movie when i was growing up

message 20: by Stephanie (new)

Susan wrote: "Nicole we all have things that happen to us that are completely out of our control. Life happens to the best of us. This is just a reading challenge and not the end of the world. If people have giv..."

We can read everything i never told you together!

message 21: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 519 comments For Jen I have selected "Love & Other Wild Things" because Molly Harper is one of my favorites!

Love and Other Wild Things (Mystic Bayou, #2) by Molly Harper

message 22: by Kathy (new)

Kathy Broyles | 519 comments matilde wrote: "I Choose Circe for Kathy!!"

I was so excited when I got a copy of this book! Thanks for the selection :)

message 23: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (christinesbookshelves) | 1239 comments Kelsi - I pick Prince of Thorns (The Broken Empire, #1) by Mark Lawrence

message 24: by Kelsi (new)

Kelsi Vignola | 95 comments For Arena, I pick The Red Scrolls of Magic (The Eldest Curses, #1) by Cassandra Clare

message 25: by Susan (new)

Susan (jazzescrapper) | 1590 comments Nicole wrote: "Susan wrote: "Nicole we all have things that happen to us that are completely out of our control. Life happens to the best of us. This is just a reading challenge and not the end of the world. If p..."

I would love to buddy read it for sure. You let me know when and I will be happy to start it. We'll see which one Stephanie picks.

I didn't realize it until just now I'm only supposed to pick out one for her? I'm in another challenge just like this and we pick 3. I got confused. I can take it down to 1 if that's what I need to do. If it doesn't matter I will give Stephanie the 3 options still

message 26: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Matilde, for you Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman

message 27: by Jen (new)

Jen (catlady1981) | 103 comments For Susan I pick Red Rising. Enjoy.

message 28: by Sara (new)

Sara Wortman For Carrie, I pick: "A Murder in Time" (Kendra Donovan #1)
by Julie McElwain & "I Burn for You" (Primes #1) by Susan Sizemore
Happy reading!

message 29: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Sara ☽ wrote: "For Carrie, I pick: "A Murder in Time" (Kendra Donovan #1)
by Julie McElwain & "I Burn for You" (Primes #1) by Susan Sizemore
Happy reading!"

Thank you Sara

message 30: by Stephanie (new)

Susan, i chose Everything I Never told You. I just downloaded it and am read to start. Do we buddy read it here, do we set up a thread under the buddy read folder?

message 31: by Stephanie (new)

So i finished Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng today. It was a very enjoyable read. The review is on my page.

message 32: by Kathy (last edited May 20, 2019 02:09PM) (new)

Kathy Broyles | 519 comments matilde wrote: "I Choose Circe for Kathy!!"

Finished this today and LOVED it! I don't give 5 stars very often, but this one deserved it. Thanks again for selecting it for me.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.