What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Trying to find a book from my high school days

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Boutilier | 2 comments I don't remember too much about it other than some of the antagonists plot line and that it's a book series. What I do remember is that the antagonist as a child never gets beaten and instead a poor families child gets beaten instead whenever he does something worthy of punishment. He grows up to be a sadist and is the crown prince of his kingdom. However during a ceremony he notices that the royal family heirloom contains a darkside in it and decides to kill his father a purposefully breaks the heirloom in order to strengthen the darksides power. He also decides to sacrifice the child that he grew up with to the dark side of the heirloom and through dark magic keeps the childs ghst in order to defend himself against rebellions. When the heirloom was described it reminded me a bunch of the triforce from the legend of Zelda games. I don't really remember what the protagonist is up to other then trying to defeat the antagonist other than that the main story line occurs after the events above. I don't remember any characters names or any titles I only remember that it was a series and that the events above don't get explained until later on in the series. I've tried googling books with Zelda themes but all that comes up is the Hyrule Historia and while I am interested in reading that someday I would rather have the chance to re-read this book series. I'm guessing that the books were printed in the 90's to 00's as they were in fairly good shape while I read them although it could've been published in the 80's. I read them before I graduated in 2010 and would really appreciate an help or guidance provided from people. I really wished that I remembered more about this series such as the title as I would have been able to fulfill my wish already. Thanks

message 2: by Lyn (last edited Apr 20, 2019 10:56PM) (new)

Lyn | 37 comments The Whipping Boy maybe? I also read it a long time ago so I don't remember all the details.

message 3: by Taylor (new)

Taylor Boutilier | 2 comments No it wasn't that it was a book series for adults not children but thanks for trying

message 4: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Taylor, please add genre and plot details to your header. Your thread needs to stand out at a single glance.