Nature Literature discussion

Book of the Month > May 2019 suggestions

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky Norman | 657 comments Mod
Hi everyone,

I'm now taking suggestions for the May 2019 Book of the Month. We're back to nonfiction this month - please post your nomination before next Saturday when the poll will go up.

If you need to know what former books have already been chosen, you can see them here: https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

Thanks!
Becky

message 2: by Becky (new)

Savannah Paige emailed me the following:

Greetings Becky!

For our May BOTM, I'd like to nominate Lauret Savoy's, Trace: Memory, History, Race and the American Land

message 3: by Becky (new)

Happy Earth Day, everyone! I've been seeing a lot of quotes by Wendell Berry today and thought perhaps it might be a good time to check out some of his essays.

I'm nominating The Gift of Good Land: Further Essays Cultural and Agricultural as a result!

message 4: by Pam (new)

Pam Kennedy | 78 comments I am happy to second Wendell Berry' s Gift of the Good Land.

message 5: by Ray (new)

Ray Zimmerman | 637 comments I nominate Blue Meridian by Peter Matthiessen.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7...

message 6: by Sher (new)

Sher (sheranne) | 946 comments Mod
I would like to nominate The Journal, 1837-1861

with the idea of reading and posting and discussing entries that strike us- so perhaps no reading the entire book cover to cover. This is a one vol and available copy that compresses the 12 vols of Thoreau's notebooks.

message 7: by Graeme (new)

Graeme I would like to nominate Driven to Extinction: The Impact of Climate Change on Biodiversity

These kinds of books are much needed to understand climate change's impact on the environment.

message 8: by Becky (new)

Sorry, Sher and Graeme, but the poll is already up for May. Would you like me to add your nominations to the June vote next week?

message 9: by Sher (new)

Sher (sheranne) | 946 comments Mod
Yes I would like that Becky- if you would not mind. Sorry, I thought I was in the time frame. :)

message 10: by Graeme (new)

Graeme Hi Becky, I thought I was in the time frame as well. I would appreciate it if you added my nomination to the June Vote. Thanks!