Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Middle Grade 13K words

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Nolan | 2 comments Hello!

I'm looking for a few beta readers to take a look at my completed middle grade novel titled "Naomi's Garden." It's contemporary fiction with a hint of magic woven in.

Three friends stumble upon a peculiar garden growing in the abandoned lot in the middle of their busy neighborhood. As they spend their summer unearthing the garden's secrets, a bad-tempered businessman shows up with plans to pave over the lot. They have to find a way to stop him before he destroys their impossible garden.

Let me know if you're interested in reading, and if there are any other MG writers out there, I'd be happy to do a swap!

message 2: by H.M (new)

H.M | 17 comments Hi, I posted about my own novel that I'd like to swap. It's 58k. There's a thread about it I made yesterday. There are adult themes, so I'm not sure you'd be interested. Have a look at the thread and message me if you are. Also, please tell me how long your novel is. Thanks.

message 3: by Moonerell (new)

Moonerell | 9 comments I’m pretty busy over the next so weeks, but if you’re okay with that, I’d LOVE to be a beta for your book.

message 4: by John (new)

John Connor | 1 comments As I'm about to get back into writing again I'm also looking for beta readers. Genre working in at the moment is Crime/Mystery - with humour overtones. Initial piece requiring comment is an 11,000 word short, to be aimed at Ellery Queen/Hictchcock's.

Previous publishing goes back to the 1970s, though I still have 2.5 novels available through Amazon & Smashwords. 1 x American PI, 1 x UK Police Procedural, and the half is a 40k novella in the Bizarro/Surreal genre. More than willing to pass on PDF copies if you want.