Beta Reader Group discussion

Covers, Blurbs, 1st Line, Query > Query help YA Contemporary

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Asper (new)

Asper Blurry | 28 comments Hi,

I'm looking for feedback on my query for YA Contemporary, "On the Edge of Both Sides". I will critique back, thanks!

QUERY #1

Dear Name of the Agent,

Growing up in a poor neighborhood with abusive parents has made 17-year-old Punk tough. And determined to escape the curse of nurture.

The first prize at a state poetry contest boosts Punk’s belief that despite her upbringing, she’s not doomed to be a failure. She has a purpose now - get a scholarship for a writing residency in Italy next summer.

But when mania and depression slowly gain control over her, she tries to cope using drugs and alcohol. Scared of her turbulent thoughts and unpredictable actions, she feels like wanting more out of life is now nothing but a distant wish.

Hurting her loved ones and being pulled away from her goal push Punk to make a choice.

Either she seeks help and faces her bipolar disorder or ruins everything she’s been working for so hard.

message 2: by Keith (new)

Keith Oxenrider (mitakeet) | 1166 comments That's a blurb with "dear agent" at the top.

message 3: by Asper (last edited Apr 22, 2019 08:05AM) (new)

Asper Blurry | 28 comments Keith wrote: "That's a blurb with "dear agent" at the top."

Yes, so? :) It's supposed to be for an agent.

I remember you helped me last time with my query, what do you think about this one?