Beta Reader Group discussion

Authors Seeking FREE Betas > Contemporary Women's Fiction 58K *Adult themes*

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by H.M (new)

H.M | 17 comments Hi everyone,

I'd like to swap my novel with someone's of a similar length, although I'm aware my novel is quite short, so I'm willing to go up to around 70K-75K.

The novel is set in Ireland and revolves around the recent referendum about possibly removing the eight amendment from the constitution. This novel therefore explores abortion and the fact that this is currently illegal in Ireland. This novel has a distinctly feminist slant and has frequent use of curse words.

I would like a complete read and an overall impression of the novel, with a paragraph or two of thoughts on each individual chapter.

I wish to provide this type of feedback for someone else and am happy with any genre except fantasy or sci-fi.

Many thanks for reading.

Holly

message 2: by Shawn (new)

Shawn | 27 comments I am willing. I have an English degree and taught English so I know a little. I have a novel just over 80,000 words if you are willing to swap. I have had a couple people read it and say it is a fast read. It is based on my actual life that includes war, love, a vigilante murderer and a detective story all rolled into one.

Contact
reader64@yahoo.com

message 3: by Amelia (new)

Amelia Nolan | 2 comments Hi Holly,

I saw your reply on my post, and I'd be happy to swap with you! My novel is about 13K words, and it's aimed at the 8-12 year age range. My email is amelianolan15@gmail.com

I look forward to working with you!

message 4: by H.M (new)

H.M | 17 comments Shawn wrote: "I am willing. I have an English degree and taught English so I know a little. I have a novel just over 80,000 words if you are willing to swap. I have had a couple people read it and say it is a fa..."

Hi Shawn,

Thanks for the interest, but 80K is a little long considering mine is 58K.

Holly

message 5: by H.M (new)

H.M | 17 comments Amelia wrote: "Hi Holly,

I saw your reply on my post, and I'd be happy to swap with you! My novel is about 13K words, and it's aimed at the 8-12 year age range. My email is amelianolan15@gmail.com

I look forwar..."

Hi Amelia,

13k!? Are you sure? That'd be more like a short story. Did you mean 130K? If so that'd be too long for me considering mine is 59K. Thanks, though.

Holly

message 6: by JE (new)

JE Farge | 2 comments Hey Holly,

I'd be happy to swap if you'd be up for it. Mine is 68K words, and focuses on a young woman dealing with the murder of her brother seventeen years earlier. If you message me or email me, I'd be happy to give more details, or to trade the first few chapters before committing to the whole thing.

My email is jefarge@gmail.com.

Thanks.

Jeff