The Banished Lands and The Bloodsworn discussion

Favourite moments

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by William (new)

William Gwynne (willjrgwynne) | 479 comments Mod
What were you favourite moments? Were they heartbreaking? Epic? What is the most memorable moment to you?

message 2: by Eon ♒Windrunner♒ (last edited Apr 23, 2019 09:33AM) (new)

Eon ♒Windrunner♒   (eonwindrunner) | 24 comments Too many to mention.... Although some that come to mind are : (Beware - spoilers for the whole series)

(view spoiler)

Emotional and powerful! And also this moment of theirs..

(view spoiler)

And I get goosebumps every time I read about this terrifying entrance by Storm(view spoiler)

And just for how funny this is:
(view spoiler)

Ach, I could go on all day :D

message 3: by William (last edited Apr 23, 2019 08:22AM) (new)

Eon ♒Windrunner♒ wrote: "Too many to mention.... Although some that come to mind are :

‘Three reasons. Three people. Jael. Lykos. You.’ He paused and looked up into her eyes. ‘Two for vengeance. One for love.’

Emotional ..."

They all stick in my mind as well, along with so many more.

One of my favourites is definitely:

(view spoiler)

I think that moment made me cry, along with a multitude of other moments that made me weep in sorrow and shout in glee.

There are so many epic moments and wicked scenes.

Ruin contains the best duel I have EVER read, (view spoiler)

Eon ♒Windrunner♒   (eonwindrunner) | 24 comments I have to agree on the duel. Definitely the best I have read up to now.

message 5: by William (new)

Eon ♒Windrunner♒ wrote: "I have to agree on the duel. Definitely the best I have read up to now."

So tense!

Eon ♒Windrunner♒   (eonwindrunner) | 24 comments Will.J.R. wrote: "Eon ♒Windrunner♒ wrote: "I have to agree on the duel. Definitely the best I have read up to now."

So tense!"

Definitely. The first time I read it I was filled with a sense of dread. I mean... (view spoiler)

message 7: by William (last edited Apr 23, 2019 09:44AM) (new)

Eon ♒Windrunner♒ wrote: "Will.J.R. wrote: "Eon ♒Windrunner♒ wrote: "I have to agree on the duel. Definitely the best I have read up to now."

So tense!"

Definitely. The first time I read it I was filled with a sense of dr..."

They really were such a brilliant combo. Had no idea how it would turn out.

(view spoiler)

Eon ♒Windrunner♒   (eonwindrunner) | 24 comments Will.J.R. wrote: They really were such a brilliant combo. Had no idea how it would turn out.

The Rafe vs(view spoiler)

message 9: by William (new)

Eon ♒Windrunner♒ wrote: "Will.J.R. wrote: They really were such a brilliant combo. Had no idea how it would turn out.

The Rafe vs[spoilers removed]"

An extremely satisfying moment!

message 10: by Jim (new)

Jim Robinson (jimbowan) | 6 comments So many amazing moments, a few of the absolute best captured above. All the best contain spoilers so sorry this will be hard to follow unless you've read the books and uncover the spoilers!

I cried like I haven't in years when I read this moment :(view spoiler)

Also the scene where(view spoiler) I was blubbering like a pre-teen schoolboy.

Honestly the emotions this series pulled out of me was unbelievable. I always think the best movies and books are ones that cause an emotional reaction from the viewer/reader and that's why this series will claim it's place as one of the best I ever read.

The duel!!! I had forgot about that, OMG I could not breathe during that scene I was filled with horror at what I thought was going to happen and then it was replaced with joy! :)

So many scenes I liked I could probably go on forever.

Eon ♒Windrunner♒   (eonwindrunner) | 24 comments Jim wrote: "So many amazing moments, a few of the absolute best captured above. All the best contain spoilers so sorry this will be hard to follow unless you've read the books and uncover the spoilers!

I crie..."

Same here Jim. So many great scenes! Emotional turmoil is an understatement for all those scenes you mentioned.

message 12: by Edward (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
Oh man reading thee gave me serious goosebumps. Feeling the need for a re-read!

That duel is INCREDIBLE. I've never read anything like it. I've tried to recreate it in the garden, but even my dog Potter seems to beat me... :D

Eon ♒Windrunner♒   (eonwindrunner) | 24 comments Edward wrote: "Oh man reading thee gave me serious goosebumps. Feeling the need for a re-read!

That duel is INCREDIBLE. I've never read anything like it. I've tried to recreate it in the garden, but even my dog..."

Soooo goood! Definitely in a league of it's own. Lol at Potter beating you :D

message 14: by Kyle (new)

Kyle  Gilbert | 4 comments My favorite moment is a bit of a sombre one tbh.... It was when Storm got injured and Corban got carried away hearing Storm howling in pain.... I knew I was properly sucked into the books then... I've not been so distraught by an animal in pain since Hedwig got the chop in Harry Potter when i was kid *cringe*

message 15: by William (new)

Kyle wrote: "My favorite moment is a bit of a sombre one tbh.... It was when Storm got injured and Corban got carried away hearing Storm howling in pain.... I knew I was properly sucked into the books then... I..."

A moment of utter despair. Feel so hopeless at that moment, but have to continue reading...

Eon ♒Windrunner♒   (eonwindrunner) | 24 comments Kyle wrote: "My favorite moment is a bit of a sombre one tbh.... It was when Storm got injured and Corban got carried away hearing Storm howling in pain.... I knew I was properly sucked into the books then... I..."

Oh man. THAT moment. I have never been more anguished in a book than that horrible moment. In fact, I sent Mr Gwynne a very strongly worded email, lol. He was so cool though. :D

message 17: by William (new)

Any particular favourite battles?

message 18: by Edward (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
Will.J.R. wrote: "Any particular favourite battles?"

The forest ambush at the end of Malice for me, some special moments there.

message 19: by William (new)

Edward wrote: "Will.J.R. wrote: "Any particular favourite battles?"

The forest ambush at the end of Malice for me, some special moments there."

I think that was the first scene I cried at! (view spoiler)

message 20: by David S (new)

David S Meanderings) (davidsbookmeanderings) | 21 comments Corbans speech before the Battle of Drassil is one of my favorite moments. So epic and moving

message 21: by Edward (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
Will.J.R. wrote: "Edward wrote: "Will.J.R. wrote: "Any particular favourite battles?"

The forest ambush at the end of Malice for me, some special moments there."

I think that was the first scene I cried at! [spoil..."

Such an awesome stand, gave me goosebumps

message 22: by Edward (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
David's wrote: "Corbans speech before the Battle of Drassil is one of my favorite moments. So epic and moving"

Couldn't agree more, Corban is my favourite character, I think he always will be

message 23: by William (new)

David's wrote: "Corbans speech before the Battle of Drassil is one of my favorite moments. So epic and moving"

"The day of our Wrath!"