The Banished Lands and The Bloodsworn discussion

VERSUS

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Edward (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
Okay so we all know that there are some epic/awesome/bloody good fights in The Banished Lands. Let's pit some of them against each other. WHO WOULD WIN? Corban or Veradis? Storm or Craf? (maybe not, but you get the idea...) Truth and Courage!

message 2: by William (new)

William Gwynne (willjrgwynne) | 479 comments Mod
I think that Maquin VS Balur would be a very interesting a duel, a hard one to predict a winner as well. Who do you think would win?

message 3: by Ella (new)

Ella Sloat | 17 comments Maquin for the win although I like Balur better. Right now Balur is one of my favorites, he's strong and smart, has been in plenty of battles, so he is a veteran, but I think he would be unfortunately slower, thus Maquin would win. That's how I would see it.

message 4: by William (last edited Apr 20, 2019 03:11PM) (new)

Ella wrote: "Maquin for the win although I like Balur better. Right now Balur is one of my favorites, he's strong and smart, has been in plenty of battles, so he is a veteran, but I think he would be unfortunat..."

I think I'd have to agree. Maquin's superior speed is likely to provide victory, although it would be close as Balur is a formidable opponent.
OLD WOLF

message 5: by Edward (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
That's a great one. I love them both, great warriors. But I think Maquin is one of the only warriors who would ever be able to defeat Balur... maybe that's because Balur only has one eye? 😆

message 6: by William (new)

Edward wrote: "That's a great one. I love them both, great warriors. But I think Maquin is one of the only warriors who would ever be able to defeat Balur... maybe that's because Balur only has one eye? 😆"

Say that to the hundreds he has killed....
Very few would best Balur I think, only a handful.

message 7: by William (new)

What of you think of Balur VS Alcyon?

message 8: by Maxime (new)

Maxime (mightymax) | 11 comments Maquin vs Gar seems like it would have been a duel for the ages.

message 9: by William (new)

Maxime wrote: "Maquin vs Gar seems like it would have been a duel for the ages."

I think that would be a truly brilliant duel. Two contrasting styles, and both masters of combat...

message 10: by Edward (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
Maxime wrote: "Maquin vs Gar seems like it would have been a duel for the ages."

Maquin vs Gar would have AMAZING and DO NOT CLOSE YOUR EYES all over it...the fluid attacks of a graceful Gar, the unresolving bitter double-edged frenzy of Maquin... that would be amazing.

message 11: by William (new)

Who do you think would win out of Gar and Veradis?
That would be a close duel!

message 12: by Jim (new)

Jim Robinson (jimbowan) | 6 comments I think Gar would chop him to pieces actually Will!

message 13: by William (new)

Jim wrote: "I think Gar would chop him to pieces actually Will!"

Haha that is definitely an option. Speed to break Veradis apart.

message 14: by Edward (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
Jim wrote: "I think Gar would chop him to pieces actually Will!"

Hahah, I must agree. Gar is almost as good as Corban so I think Veradis would have some sore bruises!

message 15: by David S (new)

David S Meanderings) (davidsbookmeanderings) | 21 comments I think If Corban and Gar fought 100 times Corban would win 51 and Gar 49. They seem to be clearly the top. I also think Balur would give both Gar and Corban some trouble but wouldn't beat them. Veradis would be beat by Balur, Corban. and Gar.

message 16: by David S (new)

David S Meanderings) (davidsbookmeanderings) | 21 comments Oh I forgot Maquin! He is hard to quantify because he is so surprising in how he fights. He would be hard to stop because he is unpredictable, but I dont think he has the swordsmanship(or axemanship) of the 4 I mentioned above. But....I can't say I would ever bet against the Old Wolf.

message 17: by William (new)

The best of their trade, I think each duel would be so close. But I agree Corban could overcome Gar and Balur.
Never underestimate Maquin though. (view spoiler) He is a master at fighting giants, and it is said in Of Blood and Bone that Maquin was one of the few who could beat the other masters in a duel.

message 18: by David S (new)

David S Meanderings) (davidsbookmeanderings) | 21 comments Gosh I need to read Of Blood and Bone soon haha.

message 19: by William (new)

David wrote: "Gosh I need to read Of Blood and Bone soon haha."

It's 150 years after the ending of The Faithful and the Fallen, and has some of the same characters. Personally I think it is as good as, if not better, than the first series.

message 20: by David S (new)

David S Meanderings) (davidsbookmeanderings) | 21 comments Any idea on when it will be finished? That's part of why I haven't started it yet.

message 21: by Edward (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
Maquin is a legend but I would back Corban. Maquin may beat Gar but I believe Corban would edge it. I wonder how Maquin would fare against those in OF BLOOD AND BONE?

message 22: by Edward (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
David wrote: "Any idea on when it will be finished? That's part of why I haven't started it yet."

The final part of the trilogy A TIME OF COURAGE is due to be published in April 2020. I would thoroughly recommend reading the first 2 soon. They're fantastic.

message 23: by David S (new)

David S Meanderings) (davidsbookmeanderings) | 21 comments Thank you! I'm sure I will get to it this year sometime.

message 24: by William (new)

I think Maquin, Corban and Gar are so close it would be almost impossible to decide.
There is also Asroth who is also extremely skilled...

message 25: by Willem (new)

Willem Du preez | 2 comments Maxime wrote: "Maquin vs Gar seems like it would have been a duel for the ages."
Would of been a stunning duel. Maquin's unbridled attack versus Gar's cool, calm and calculating composure. They would of made an almost unstoppable shield brother combo. Imagine them fighting back to back

message 26: by William (new)

Willem wrote: "Maxime wrote: "Maquin vs Gar seems like it would have been a duel for the ages."
Would of been a stunning duel. Maquin's unbridled attack versus Gar's cool, calm and calculating composure. They wou..."

That is a fantastic picture. Would be nearly invincible. Are there any duos that could compete?

message 27: by Edward (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
Will.J.R. wrote: "Willem wrote: "Maxime wrote: "Maquin vs Gar seems like it would have been a duel for the ages."
Would of been a stunning duel. Maquin's unbridled attack versus Gar's cool, calm and calculating comp..."

I'd love to see Tull and Balur One-Eye. I think they would be good friends too.

message 28: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (gracelingaccountant) | 25 comments Will.J.R. wrote: "I think that Maquin VS Balur would be a very interesting a duel, a hard one to predict a winner as well. Who do you think would win?"

Maquin all the way. That old wolf could take anyone down 😂

message 29: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (gracelingaccountant) | 25 comments Edward wrote: "Okay so we all know that there are some epic/awesome/bloody good fights in The Banished Lands. Let's pit some of them against each other. WHO WOULD WIN? Corban or Veradis? Storm or Craf? (maybe not..."

I think Corban v. Veradis is the hardest one to think about! It might honestly end up in a draw, but I ultimately have to say Corban. I think that his fighting styles are more varied and he has more chances to surprise Veradis...and you know...he's Corban 🤷‍♀️

message 30: by William (new)

Kayla wrote: "Will.J.R. wrote: "I think that Maquin VS Balur would be a very interesting a duel, a hard one to predict a winner as well. Who do you think would win?"

Maquin all the way. That old wolf could take..."

He has taken down many and won against seemingly impossible odds. I agree!

message 31: by William (new)

Kayla wrote: "Edward wrote: "Okay so we all know that there are some epic/awesome/bloody good fights in The Banished Lands. Let's pit some of them against each other. WHO WOULD WIN? Corban or Veradis? Storm or C..."

Would be very heard, especially as Veradis has a shield to counter Corban. I think through most of the books, Veradis would win. But by the finale, Corban has all the skill needed. And your reasoning was fantastic... he's Corban :)

message 32: by Edward (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
I wonder who would win in an archery contest, Camlin or Bleda...

message 33: by William (new)

Edward wrote: "I wonder who would win in an archery contest, Camlin or Bleda..."

That would certainly be a very interesting bout!

message 34: by William (new)

Orka VS Maquis

Two forces of nature there

message 35: by William (new)

Varg VS Agnar....