The Banished Lands and The Bloodsworn discussion

General discussion

Comments Showing 1-50 of 167 (167 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by William (new)

William Gwynne (willjrgwynne) | 479 comments Mod
A group just to discuss any aspect of John Gwynne's novels.

message 2: by Petrik (new)

Petrik (petrikleo) | 9 comments Thanks for the invite, Will! :)

message 3: by Edward (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
Petrik wrote: "Thanks for the invite, Will! :)"

Thanks for joining Petrik, great to have you in the warrior band :)

message 4: by William (new)

Petrik wrote: "Thanks for the invite, Will! :)"

My pleasure Petrik, I look forward to discussing these books with you :).

message 5: by Petrik (new)

Petrik (petrikleo) | 9 comments Truth and Courage, brothers! :)

message 6: by Ella (new)

Ella Sloat | 17 comments Thank you for the invite. I'm Ella

message 7: by William (new)

Ella wrote: "Thank you for the invite. I'm Ella"

I look forward to our discussions regarding these books Ella :)

message 8: by Maxime (new)

Maxime (mightymax) | 11 comments Great to be in this group! Just finished Wrath 2 days ago and I'm still stunned!

What's the policy on spoilers? Don't want to let anything slip in a conversation about the books :)

message 9: by William (new)

Maxime wrote: "Great to be in this group! Just finished Wrath 2 days ago and I'm still stunned!

What's the policy on spoilers? Don't want to let anything slip in a conversation about the books :)"

Great to have you and look forward to hearing your opinions.

Spoilers are okay if you pre-warn people :).

message 10: by Audrey (new)

Audrey | 1 comments Thanks for the invite for this great books

message 11: by William (new)

Audrey wrote: "Thanks for the invite for this great books"

My pleasure Audrey. I look forward to discussing them with you :).

Eon ♒Windrunner♒   (eonwindrunner) | 24 comments Thank you so much for the invite Will! :)

message 13: by TS (new)

TS Chan (tschan) | 4 comments Thanks for the invite, Will! Delighted to be part of this group.

We shall never forget.

message 14: by William (new)

Eon ♒Windrunner♒ wrote: "Thank you so much for the invite Will! :)"

My pleasure Eon. I look forward to discussing the novels with you :).

message 15: by William (new)

TS wrote: "Thanks for the invite, Will! Delighted to be part of this group.

We shall never forget. "

It's great to have you in the group TS.

Truth and Courage!

message 16: by Emma (new)

Emma (keeperofthearchives) Is this the bit where we all go...

Hi, I’m Emma. And I’m a Banished Lands addict....

I’m doing a reread at some point this year. No doubt. And I CANT WAIT.

message 17: by William (new)

Emma wrote: "Is this the bit where we all go...

I’m doing a reread at some point this year. No doubt. And I CANT WAIT."

Great to hear you are a big fan of the Banished Lands. Looking forward to discussing the books with you :).

message 18: by Edward (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
Emma wrote: "Is this the bit where we all go...

I’m doing a reread at some point this year. No doubt. And I CANT WAIT."

Welcome to the Banished Lands Addiction Club. You are a welcome member to swell our ranks to fight off the Kadoshim!

I love re-reading these books. I feel I notice more tiny details and it makes the experience so much better. Have you ever listened to then on audible?

message 19: by Edward (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
It would be amazing to see some fan art from the Banished Lands. If anyone has ever drawn anything whatsoever (doesn't have to be professional, anything from the Banished Lands will be amazing) then please upload it! I'm sure everyone would love to see it.

Quirkybookworm  (quirkybookwormalways) | 1 comments Hello and thank you for the invite! Am looking forward to hearing some discussions!😊

message 21: by William (new)

Quirkybookworm wrote: "Hello and thank you for the invite! Am looking forward to hearing some discussions!😊"

Welcome to the warband.

Truth and Courage!

message 22: by William (new)

Who has read the entirety of The Faithful and the Fallen and the first two instalments in Of Blood and Bone?

message 23: by Etel (new)

Etel | 2 comments Will.J.R. wrote: "Who has read the entirety of The Faithful and the Fallen and the first two instalments in Of Blood and Bone?"

Hello Will, I am proud and happy to say, I've read them all. I'll probably re-read towards the end of the year as that is the time when I revisit series.

message 24: by Michael (new)

Michael | 66 comments Will.J.R. wrote: "Who has read the entirety of The Faithful and the Fallen and the first two instalments in Of Blood and Bone?"

I've read them all, Will. The trouble for me is that I'm utterly hopeless at remembering all the ins and outs. I tried a couple of your quizzes a while back and was disappointingly average. I think your Dad said that my favourite character from the new series 'Drem' was based on you, is that right?

message 25: by William (new)

Etel wrote: "Will.J.R. wrote: "Who has read the entirety of The Faithful and the Fallen and the first two instalments in Of Blood and Bone?"

Hello Will, I am proud and happy to say, I've read them all. I'll pr..."

That would be a good time to re-read, especially with A Time of Courage due to be published in April.

message 26: by William (new)

Michael wrote: "Will.J.R. wrote: "Who has read the entirety of The Faithful and the Fallen and the first two instalments in Of Blood and Bone?"

I've read them all, Will. The trouble for me is that I'm utterly hop..."

An avid follower of the Banished Lands then. It is definitely very hard to remember all the facts, only a few people have got 100% in those quizzes.
Yes, apparently he is inspired by me. It's cool to think that I am a hero in a book somewhere :)

message 27: by Willem (new)

Willem Du preez | 2 comments Truth and Courage! Thanks for the invite

message 28: by William (new)

Willem wrote: "Truth and Courage! Thanks for the invite"

Hope you enjoy the discussions on here :).

TRUTH AND COURAGE

message 29: by Zuné (new)

Zuné Pallister | 2 comments Thank you for the invite Will I'm very happy to be part of the group :)
I've read everything except for A Time of Blood.
Looking forward to these discussions.

message 30: by William (new)

Zuné wrote: "Thank you for the invite Will I'm very happy to be part of the group :)
I've read everything except for A Time of Blood.
Looking forward to these discussions."

Great to have you a part of this Zuné, I also look forward to the discussions. Any particular favourite out of the books you have read so far?

TRUTH AND COURAGE

message 31: by Zuné (new)

Zuné Pallister | 2 comments My favorite book so far has to be Ruin. The battle scenes were spectacular & the ending was simply amazing.. In a heartbreaking, throw the book across the room kind of way :) I loved it!!

message 32: by William (new)

Zuné wrote: "My favorite book so far has to be Ruin. The battle scenes were spectacular & the ending was simply amazing.. In a heartbreaking, throw the book across the room kind of way :) I loved it!!"

Ahh such a fantastic book! (view spoiler)
That is one of the most heart wrenching endings possible, still have not forgiven him.

message 33: by David S (new)

David S Meanderings) (davidsbookmeanderings) | 21 comments A Time of Dread on sale on Kindle for $2.99 today if you dont have it yet or just want the kindle version!

message 34: by William (new)

David's wrote: "A Time of Dread on sale on Kindle for $2.99 today if you dont have it yet or just want the kindle version!"

Great shoutout David!

message 35: by Edward (last edited Jul 24, 2019 03:28AM) (new)

Edward | 59 comments Mod
Exciting news everyone! Orbit have secured a trilogy from John Gwynne for a Norse-inspired tale! More details in the Bloodsworn folder in this group :) Looking forward to a new world in 2021!

message 36: by Joe (new)

Joe Lindley | 31 comments Great to hear there's a completely new series planned for 2021

message 37: by William (new)

Joe wrote: "Great to hear there's a completely new series planned for 2021"

Another three books :).

message 38: by Michael (new)

Michael | 66 comments I really look forward to reading those! A Time of Courage first!

message 39: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Harwood (ruth120067) | 14 comments Joe wrote: "Great to hear there's a completely new series planned for 2021"
interesting, as that means the next and final in this series is out next year and not long to wait! I've read both the new books, and only the 4th, Wrath, to read of the first series - would be nice if the trilogy norm were broken again though, and this trilogy were a quad as well! Hey, Will, are you sure it's gonna be a trilogy, you never know, he could have plans for a five or six book series!!

message 40: by William (new)

Michael wrote: "I really look forward to reading those! A Time of Courage first!"

Yes! The finale of A Time of Courage first. And I can assure you, it is one big and satisfying ending!

message 41: by William (new)

Ruth wrote: "Joe wrote: "Great to hear there's a completely new series planned for 2021"
interesting, as that means the next and final in this series is out next year and not long to wait! I've read both the ne..."

Well he is now doing the edit for the third book, which is the conclusion of the series, so I can safely say it is a trilogy hahah.

message 42: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Harwood (ruth120067) | 14 comments fab! I've read the first two, I'm now reading Wrath (wow, the tear-jerker ending of Ruin almost undid me - just that final sentence!) so hey, I'm ready and looking forward to it!

message 43: by William (new)

Ruth wrote: "fab! I've read the first two, I'm now reading Wrath (wow, the tear-jerker ending of Ruin almost undid me - just that final sentence!) so hey, I'm ready and looking forward to it!"

Wow you've nearly finished! That ending was completely heartbreaking! Hope you love Wrath :)

message 44: by ADPreadsYA (new)

ADPreadsYA | 2 comments Adrienne here, in the swelting heat of California's central valley. Thanks for allowing me to the chance to cheer/vent with like-minds. Just finished Malice last night and started freaking out because, even though I have Malice, Valor and Ruin, I don't have Wrath🤤. Not to worry, it arrives next week.
Anyway, just want to say that this story is everything I needed to push me past my GoT withdrawls and even better, it's complete!
Still trying to process those last10 or so chapters. On to Valor!

message 45: by William (new)

ADPreadsYA wrote: "Adrienne here, in the swelting heat of California's central valley. Thanks for allowing me to the chance to cheer/vent with like-minds. Just finished Malice last night and started freaking out beca..."

Great to have you in the war band with us Adrienne, looking forward to discussing the books with you :).

Hopefully you won't have to wait to read Wrath after Ruin!

message 46: by Sean (new)

Sean Bahr | 1 comments Thanks for the invite! Truth and courage!

message 47: by William (new)

Sean wrote: "Thanks for the invite! Truth and courage!"

No problem at all.

Truth and Courage!

message 48: by Michael (new)

Michael | 66 comments Hi, guys and gals. I just wanted to ask a question because I'd really like to buy the Faithful and the Fallen quartet in hardback. Amazon doesn't appear to be selling them and Malice is £349 which is crazy and my local Waterstones doesn't have them in stock. Where can I get the hardbacks at trade price for new books? Will I have to ask Waterstones to order them in for me?

message 49: by William (new)

Michael wrote: "Hi, guys and gals. I just wanted to ask a question because I'd really like to buy the Faithful and the Fallen quartet in hardback. Amazon doesn't appear to be selling them and Malice is £349 which ..."

Well, that is probably an average price for Malice now, unfortunately. Because it is the first in the series it is more expensive.

message 50: by William (new)

Michael wrote: "Hi, guys and gals. I just wanted to ask a question because I'd really like to buy the Faithful and the Fallen quartet in hardback. Amazon doesn't appear to be selling them and Malice is £349 which ..."

They do occasionally turn up cheaper though on Ebay. Just got to stalk it for a while :)

« previous 1 3 4