The Banished Lands and The Bloodsworn discussion

A Time of Blood (Of Blood and Bone, #2)
This topic is about A Time of Blood
Individual Book > A Time of Blood

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

William Gwynne (willjrgwynne) | 492 comments Mod
A group to discuss John Gwynne's latest release, A Time of Blood.

Whose got a copy of A Time of Blood?

Ella Sloat | 17 comments 🙋🏻‍♀️ right here.

Ella wrote: "🙋🏻‍♀️ right here."

Brilliant! I think you will love it Ella.

Ella Sloat | 17 comments I already do and have not opened it yet. I know once I do there's no turning back and I need to make sure I'm all snacked up and comfortable too

Ella wrote: "I already do and have not opened it yet. I know once I do there's no turning back and I need to make sure I'm all snacked up and comfortable too"

Good idea to be prepared before starting. It will prove hard to put down once started :).

Marielle (marielle_ooms) I pre ordered it but it still isn't here!!!! 😱😱😱

Marielle wrote: "I pre ordered it but it still isn't here!!!! 😱😱😱"

Oh no! Fingers crossed it arrives today.

Ella Sloat | 17 comments sᏢᎾᎥᏞᎬᏒ ᎪᏞᎬᏒᏆ!!!

🔴🔴🔴
Question: Is Drem suffering from anxiety and why is that? His panic attacks make me have a panic attack and freak out every time. The fact that he checks his pulse every 5 seconds is concerning... I'm not yet done with the book, just at page 277 but I was just wondering..

Who has read A Time of Blood so far?

message 11: by Ella (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ella Sloat | 17 comments I have. And It was great and ended too soon...

Edward | 59 comments Mod
Ella wrote: "sᏢᎾᎥᏞᎬᏒ ᎪᏞᎬᏒᏆ!!!

🔴🔴🔴
Question: Is Drem suffering from anxiety and why is that? His panic attacks make me have a panic attack and freak out every time. The fact that he checks his pulse every 5 se..."

Hi Ella, the character Drem is based on my little brother William, who is on the autistic spectrum. Checking his pulse is a sign of comfort, and Dad really wanted to write about someone with these characteristics. Hope this helps! Glad you enjoyed A TIME OF BLOOD.

Ella wrote: "I have. And It was great and ended too soon..."

Great that you enjoyed it. Cannot wait for A Time of Courage to be written :)

Ella wrote: "I have. And It was great and ended too soon..."

Did you have any favourite character?

message 15: by Ella (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ella Sloat | 17 comments I believe Drem was the one that left an impression the most from the newest characters. He is a humble man, simple and although he was leaning more toward naive at the beginning of the book he forcefully matured into a strong, loyal man. I can tell he's not fully matured but looking back I think the majority of the main characters have gone through some distress or major changes that have forced them to do that. So Drem.

Edward | 59 comments Mod
Ella wrote: "I believe Drem was the one that left an impression the most from the newest characters. He is a humble man, simple and although he was leaning more toward naive at the beginning of the book he forc..."

Drem developed the most in my opinion! I loved seeing old characters I loved again, and I also really enjoyed Bleda's scenes. Not to tease but I must say Book 3 A TIME OF COURAGE is bigger and better! ;)

message 17: by Ella (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ella Sloat | 17 comments I would said the bigger the better.. I love books that come in 400+ pages. Oh yes Bleda. I totally forgot about him. I do like him too. He's strong and agile, a man after his own mother's heart. I think Drem and Bleda could have a strong friendship.

Ella wrote: "I would said the bigger the better.. I love books that come in 400+ pages. Oh yes Bleda. I totally forgot about him. I do like him too. He's strong and agile, a man after his own mother's heart. I ..."

It is an epic finish both in size and scale of conflict. I think Bleda and Drem would get on well. Both honest and straight to the point. Value loyalty and moral decisions. Would be great together.

message 19: by Ella (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ella Sloat | 17 comments I am really excited a out the 3rd book, sad that is the last but happy to see how everyone is doing, like old friends that you haven't seen for a while. There's so much conflict right now, so much going on that I'm alot nervous too.

Ella wrote: "I am really excited a out the 3rd book, sad that is the last but happy to see how everyone is doing, like old friends that you haven't seen for a while. There's so much conflict right now, so much ..."

Waiting to be reunited. Want to see them again but don't want any harm to come to the characters in doing so. Knowing The Faithful and the Fallen and the first two in Of Blood and Bone, there will be some tearful goodbyes...

A Time of Blood came out on Audible this week...

A Time of Blood Audible

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2 comments Will.J.R. wrote: "A Time of Blood came out on Audible this week...

A Time of Blood Audible"

I have A Time Of Dread on Audible. I think it was in a sale. I have A Time Of Blood and Malice on my wish list! I hope they put the rest of them out in Audible. I own all the paperbacks of the books but I like to get them on Audible too. And of course on kindle when they go on sale! I’m a bit crazy 😃

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Will.J.R. wrote: "A Time of Blood came out on Audible this week...

A Time of Blood Audible"

I have A Time Of Dread on Audible. I think it was in a sale. I have A Time Of Blood and Malice on my wi..."

I totally understand that need! A large collection of loved books is a healthy obsession :). And of course it is an obvious show of you opinion of the book ahah.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2 comments Will.J.R. wrote: "Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ wrote: "Will.J.R. wrote: "A Time of Blood came out on Audible this week...

A Time of Blood Audible"

I have A Time Of Dread on Audible. I think it was in a sale. I have ..."

Yes indeed! 😉

Kayla (gracelingaccountant) | 25 comments Will.J.R. wrote: "Whose got a copy of A Time of Blood?"

I got a copy from the publisher...John was nice enough to tell me who I could request an ARC from. I wish I could have gotten to it before release but I moved in April and it threw everything off 😭 It's beautiful though...i love these covers

Kayla wrote: "Will.J.R. wrote: "Whose got a copy of A Time of Blood?"

I got a copy from the publisher...John was nice enough to tell me who I could request an ARC from. I wish I could have gotten to it before r..."

Fantastic cover, the hardbacks are beautiful! Especially next to the other books.

A Time of Blood paperback is out today!

A Time of Blood

Michael | 67 comments Will.J.R. wrote: "A Time of Blood paperback is out today!

A Time of Blood"

Yay! Something for my Christmas list! 😃

Michael wrote: "Will.J.R. wrote: "A Time of Blood paperback is out today!

A Time of Blood"

Yay! Something for my Christmas list! 😃"

A great gift :)

message 30: by Aram (new) - rated it 5 stars

Aram Brazilian (abrazilian) | 20 comments just finished book 2 and I am reeling - thrown into a gaga state of mind... I cannot believe how good this story is - just posted my review, and starting book 3 tonight!

Aram wrote: "just finished book 2 and I am reeling - thrown into a gaga state of mind... I cannot believe how good this story is - just posted my review, and starting book 3 tonight!"

Great to hear! I'll read It now :).

TRUTH AND COURAGE