Booktube Reads #mglit discussion

#mglit Quotes

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Tyree | 23 comments Mod
Here is a place for you guys to post and discuss favorite quotes as you come across them (minus spoilers please!). You can also feel free to just post them with the hashtag on social media.

message 2: by Elizabeth (new)

Quotes from Garvey's Choice by Nikki Grimes:

(pg 4) Stories are just breadcrumbs
Just follow the trail of books
and you find me
lost among the galaxies
of scorched stars and ships to Mars

(pg 10) If weren't for books and Joe,
"different" would just be lonely.

(pg 99) The perfect size is happy.

message 3: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 76 comments Elizabeth wrote: "Quotes from Garvey's Choice by Nikki Grimes:

Those are great! I hadn't heard of the book, but these quotes make me interested.

message 4: by Elizabeth (new)

Amelia Bedelia Means Business:

"Why would you want me to step on a pie??" *puts the pie on counter and steps on it*

message 5: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Meadows (lizziefaye) | 76 comments I'm about an hour into Wishes and Wellingtons by Julie Berry (of Scandalous Sisterhood fame). It's an Aladdin story and I love it so far. Of course I've been forgetting to listen for quotes though.

This is my first middle grade book so far this month. I've got several other things to read this month so I won't be reading only middle grade. I'm on track for #bookadayinmay though.

message 6: by Elizabeth (new)

"As he erased the words, it wasn't because he was hungry anymore; he just wanted to read. It was the pure enjoyment of being told a story before bedtime." -Inkling by Kenneth Oppel