Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Introductions > Helloooo everyone

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (fionam) | 12 comments Hi All,

I am Fiona, I am 45 and live in Dorking Surrey UK.

I adore YA books and look almost eclusivly for them when in books stores and browsing Amazon...

Found some real crackers.... and I devour them...

Nice to meet you all

message 2: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) Hi Fiona! Nice to have another Brit in the group. Thanks for joining.

But what's a cracker? A good book? Here it means a crispy snack people eat with cheese or crumble up into soup, like that.

message 3: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (fionam) | 12 comments Laura wrote: "Hi Fiona! Nice to have another Brit in the group. Thanks for joining.

But what's a cracker? A good book? Here it means a crispy snack people eat with cheese or crumble up into soup, like that. "

Yep a cracker is a "good book"

message 4: by Laura (new)

Laura (apenandzen) Great word for it! I wanna move to England.

message 5: by Eden (new)

Eden (tsalagi_writer) | 265 comments Hi Fiona. Welcome!

message 6: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer (JenJen1221) | 623 comments Welcome to the group Fiona!!!

message 7: by Tlc (new)

Tlc | 43 comments Howdy Fiona. Thought I'd put a southern greeting out there to ya from the USA (ok I'm a northerner but that would only be a boring "Hey - how you doing!") I'm 46 and from the midwest USA - it's nice to have you here at Wild Things. My daughter Kristen is part of this group too, but she just started her new job and hasn't been around as much.

message 8: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (fionam) | 12 comments Thanks for the very warm welcome everyone...

So where do I start looking for real crackers here then LOL

Fi

message 9: by Fiona (new)

Fiona (fionam) | 12 comments So have a look at my YA bookshelf!!! any there that any one has not read yet??

message 10: by Tlc (new)

Tlc | 43 comments Fiona - hey nicely diverse bookshelf! I may be mistaken, but I don't think I saw any Terry Pratchett or Eoin Colfer books (2 of my favorite authors.)

message 11: by Fiona (last edited Aug 25, 2009 12:15PM) (new)

Fiona (fionam) | 12 comments Tlc wrote: "Fiona - hey nicely diverse bookshelf! I may be mistaken, but I don't think I saw any Terry Pratchett or Eoin Colfer books (2 of my favorite authors.)"

Never read Terry Pratchett - any good???

I have read most of the Artimis Fowl books

message 12: by Bhumi (new)

Bhumi | 274 comments Hi Fiona, and welcome to the group! You'll love it, trust me :)