Everything Other World discussion

Books from monthly reading list > April 2019: Call to War

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kurt (new)

Kurt Springs | 181 comments Mod
I'll be honest, it's been a while since I read Awakening, the second book in the Dragonath Chronicles. It took me a bit to regain my bearings. Andi O'Connor's writing continues to evolve as do her characters.

Darrak’s (who grew up on earth) plight grows desperate. Two trusted companions betrayed him, and the Hellborn’s army has seized the city of Mystandia. Mionee, the traitor of the first book, finally rejoins Darrak’s side and begins undoing the damage she’s done, but enemies now hunt her.

I enjoyed the way the magic works on this world.

At some point, I should reread the first two books. What did everyone else think.

message 2: by Kurt (new)

Kurt Springs | 181 comments Mod
Also, please note that a tiebreaker is finally up for next months read. It's been a busy semester and not just for school work.

message 3: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten Schuder (goodreadscomkirstenschuder) | 233 comments Mod
Just catching up on my reading too. The magic in this world is special, not like any other I've read. I study ancient systems sometimes, for inspiration. It's refreshing to read something that creates an entire system of magic that extends naturally from the world the author creates. I enjoyed it, considering my first books I enjoyed in childhood were fantasy books.