What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Highland/Scottish Romance medieval time period Main female character does what she can to not be married father gets annoyed and says next man that comes over that hill/next man that I see you will marry

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Woods | 1 comments Ok, so I'm going INSANE looking for a Highlander or maybe Scottish romance I read a long time ago. I apologize ahead, there are little spoilers because I couldn't think of any other way to describe the book but the main plot ending is not spoiled.

The plot from what I remember is the main female character does a lot of stuff to get out of being married to the point that her father tells her the first man he sees coming over the hill he's marrying her off to and thus that's when this warrior shows up (I think his sister or something may have sent him there having foreseen it or something) . They go back to his castle and he and his I believe half brothers (he's a bastard child) find out that someone is coming to try and break up the wedding since they haven't been actually wed yet and so he on their wedding night cuts his arm on the bed to pretend he took her virginity. She (I think) is drunk from wedding med (no idea if that's how you spell it) and hears him groaning and thinks he's in pain from taking her virginity because she apparently has NO idea how that's supposed to work and thinks the deed is done. She finds out later that's not how sex works when she sees them breeding horses and thinks the male horse is hurting the female horse.

I also think he gave her a kitten at one point and I think she also was stuck on a ledge and he found her because she wouldn't stop yelling and he repelled down to get her. And I think at another point she was kidnapped (maybe before the wedding) the kidnapper ground against her and because of that she thought she was unfit to wed after that and he had to assure her that he still wanted her.

There was a friend that went with her on the journey to his castle and someone may have pretended to be a maid for a while on the trip there. I think the main female characters name might have been Ellie and there was a side male character that was interested in her, his name was Connor I think. I mention them because I remember them coming up in the book a lot.

I believe the book takes place in Scottland as I remember them wearing kilts I think.

I think I read this book sometime around 2007-2011
I'm sorry if all that seemed random but that's about all I remember from the book.

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex | 243 comments Bump...this sounds like a good book

message 3: by Jody (new)

Jody | 96 comments Midnight's Bride by Sophia Johnson. Best book!

message 4: by Jody (new)

Jody | 96 comments Sorry I don't know how to link books.

message 5: by SamSpayedPI (new)

SamSpayedPI | 1681 comments Midnight's Bride for the link.

message 6: by Kris (last edited May 29, 2019 05:40PM) (new)

Kris | 33490 comments Mod
Jody wrote: "Sorry I don't know how to link books."

Good question. Lots of people wonder about adding links to their comments. You'll need to use the full desktop website (not the mobile website or app) to do the following:

- Above the Comment box (near the bottom of the page), click the add book/author link. A popup will open with the Book tab selected. Search for your Book title, then click the Add button to insert the book link into your comments.

- To add the book's cover image, click the small Cover button at the bottom, then the Add button.

- Too many search results? Try typing the book title AND author in the "Book" box.

- To add the Author's name as a link, click the "Author" tab near the top of the popup.

message 7: by Anabell (new)

Anabell | 51 comments I think I read this but am not sure if it was this one The Deed or another one (which I can't find)

message 8: by Zoe (new)

Zoe | 61 comments ACROSS A WINDSWEPT ISLE BY TERRI BRISBIN https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...
May be its this.

message 9: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 43 comments I think what you called "wedding med" would be mead, an alcoholic drink made from honey.

message 10: by Jody (new)

Jody | 96 comments Midnight's Bride kitten named Spirit, friends hawk is named Simple. Netta named her bird Tuan.

message 11: by JennyG (new)

JennyG | 540 comments Sounds like it could be a book by Deborah Simmons

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Deed (other topics)
Midnight's Bride (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Deborah Simmons (other topics)