Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2019 Challenge Archive > 2019 May Word Hunt

Comments Showing 1-50 of 79 (79 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19337 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 31 May 2019

This challenge is to see if you can find all the words listed below within your reading for the month. You do not need to preselect a level.

The maximum number of words for each book is THREE. There is no page limit.

0-3 words : better luck next time
3-5 words : warming up
6-8 words : getting hotter
9-10 words : CHAMPION hunter!

May
betray
drone
frantic
gloss
hazy
lamb
puzzle
radiate
rain
raspy (rasp)

Bonus
For our over-achievers who just need some extra words because the above weren't enough...

Unlike with the 10 words above - you must find the EXACT word to claim these bonus words, and I try to make them hard.

breezy
calculator
lackadaisical
painstaking
propaganda

and a bonus bonus
holistic

To prove that you have found the word, please quote the page, percentage or LOC (Kindle) and include the sentence in which it appears.

Audiobooks are allowed so long as you can quote the page/%/LOC and the sentence. (Eg Using whispersync or finding that sentence in some other way.)

You must find the actual word or the word's root word must be at the core with the meaning essentially remaining the same ~ just turned into a noun, adjective, adverb etc. No prefixes or hyphenated extensions. An extension is allowed where it is often the accepted spelling eg goodbye or good-bye.

Where a word has more than one meaning, either meaning may be used. Eg coast (beachfront) or coast (moving without effort) etc

Please post all entries, updates, final posts and questions in this thread.

Examples for 'Reversal'
Reverse - Laser Visions √ 15 May
p50-51 : There were a couple of bands Tam had that this person didn't, but none in the reverse.

Reversing - Sunset √ 10 Jul
p204 : Reversing his grip on his katana, he held it out to Nick.

message 2: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19337 comments Example post:

Word Hunt - January
1 Jan - 31 Jan 20xx

Word found: 10/10
Book completed: 7

Merry Gentlemen √ 1 Jan
bowl
Undertow √ 4 Jan
bartender, king, mourning
Heart of the Warrior √ 7 Jan
champagne, molasses
Obernewtyn √ 9 Jan
diary
Inestimable Blessings √ 9 Jan
blood
Starfish and Coffee √ 12 Jan
grandmother
Dom Wars: Round One √ 12 Jan
dreamed

1. BARTENDER - Undertow √ 4 Jan
p113 - (Which was Sunday and Monday - Saturday was a busy night on the bartender/club scene.
2. CHAMPAGNE - Heart of the Warrior √ 7 Jan
p180-181 - The doorman greeted him inside the foyer and waved his past - no need to check the guest list for his name - and he grabbed a glass of champagne from a tray and looked around.
3. BOWL Merry Gentlemen √ 1 Jan
p11 - "Another hippy bloke selling hand-turned bowls and crap like that."
4. KING - Undertow √ 4 Jan
p48 - Roan was the king of the jungle, and he should have no problem subduing cats; it was shat he did, sometimes without intention.
5. DREAM - Dom Wars: Round One √ 12 Jan
LOC 756: I'd never have dreamed just holding a person's hand could be such a turn on.
6. MOURN - Undertow √ 4 Jan
p262 - Because, come to think about it, you could confuse remorse for mourning, especially in a naturally depressed person.
7. GRANDMOTHER - Starfish and Coffee √ 12 Jan
p98-99 - "... He put your grandmother on a pedestal until the day she died. ..."
8. DIARY - Obernewtyn √ 9 Jan
p231 - Alexi took the diary, opened it, and held it in front of my eyes.
9. MOLASSES - Heart of the Warrior √ 7 Jan
p217 - "You move like molasses, my pet."
10. BLOOD - Inestimable Blessings √ 9 Jan
p46-47: Lee shivered, overwhelmed by the attraction simmering in his blood.

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19337 comments Tips for finding words - courtesy of Jennifer ♔Princess Penguin♔

Using Google books:
~Go here https://books.google.com/bkshp?hl=en&...
~Type in the name of your book
~Select your book
~On the left about midway down there will be a search bar, type your word in there.

Couple of things you need to know...
~you need to check every variety of the word you want so, let's say GROUP doesn't show up you would also need to type in GROUPS/ED/ING
~Unfortunately, 99% of the books on Google does not list page numbers (at least in my experience)

Using Amazon:
~You search for your book
~Once on your book page make sure you are on a version that is paperback or hardcover (Kindle editions will not work)
~On the left there will be a picture of your book and it should have "Search Inside" above it
~Click on the book and the search bar will be inside

You will not need to search separately for plurals but you will still need to search separately for -ed and -ing

You can also search for words in all the books loaded on your Kindle.

On the home page, use the 'search' function.
~ type in the word and select 'search my items'.

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Apr 19, 2019 01:55PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 19337 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 31 May 2019

May
betray
drone
frantic
gloss
hazy
lamb
puzzle
radiate
rain
raspy (rasp)

Bonus
breezy
calculator
lackadaisical
painstaking
propaganda

bonus bonus
holistic

message 5: by Calila (last edited Jun 06, 2019 11:22AM) (new)

Calila | 2744 comments *Is it okay to post yet?*

MINE

12/16 + 4/8
Betray - The Last Text 05/10/19 ★★★★
LOC 1898: "I scent betrayal," I say."
Drone - Ravensong 05/16-17/19 ★★★★★
LOC 568: "They would be mindless drones, their free will hanging in tatters."
Frantic - The Nature of the Game 05/05-06/19 ★★★★
LOC 1207: "Less frantic, more social."
Gloss - Austin 05/01/19 ★★★★
LOC 416: "Just some shiny gloss on my lips and the thin line of black to make my eyes pop against my pale skin."
Hazy - The Nature of the Game 05/05-06/19 ★★★★
LOC 3304: "He was trembling when he exited the stairwell, vision hazy."
Lamb - True Brit 05/17-18/19 ★★★★
LOC 2407: "Left led past a run of restaurants fragranacing the air with competing scents of curry and charred lamb."
Puzzle - The Nature of the Game 05/05-06/19 ★★★★
LOC 1196: "A bookcase ran along an entire wall and the bottom half was filled with board games and─even better─3D puzzles and LEGO sets."
Radiate - Made for You 05/02-04/19 ★★★★
LOC 1572: "He's cold, yet his closeness radiates warmly into me."
Rain - Savor Me 05/07-09/19 ★★
LOC 40: "And there was a man out there, battered by sheets of rain, yanking up the vines with his bare hands."
Raspy (rasp) - Cowboys Don't Samba 05/11-12/19 ★★★★
LOC 2582: "Maury pumped harder, this breath rasping in and out of his lips close to Tristao's ear."
Bonus
Breezy - Made for You 05/02-04/19 ★★★★
LOC 1051: "It takes all of my effort to keep my smile breezy."
Calculator -
LOC:
Lackadaisical -
LOC:
Painstaking -
LOC:
Propaganda - Release 05/11/19 ★★★★
LOC 707: "Did they use electricity to print their propaganda, or a simple printing press?"
bonus bonus
Holistic -
LOC:
ROLLOVERS:
BONUS
Hymn -
LOC:
Celery -
LOC:
Lumpy - Made for You 05/02-04/19 ★★★★
LOC 945: "Once he's inside, Milo storms past me and I follow him onto the lumpy grass."
Tramp - Scrap 05/20-23/19 ★★
LOC 3205: "You called me a dirty slapper with no morals and a common tramp!"
Degenerative -
LOC:
Devotee - In Other Words...Murder 05/14-15/19 ★★★
PAGE 206: "But I'm a mystery writer─as well as a true-crime TV devotee."
Dolphins - In Other Words...Murder 05/14-15/19 ★★★
PAGE 6: "Or spend a couple of days swimming with dolphins off the Isle of Capri.
BONUS BONUS
Squalid -
LOC:

message 6: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19337 comments Yep 😊

message 7: by Chan (new)

Chan | 3283 comments mine

message 8: by Leila (last edited May 23, 2019 09:20AM) (new)

Leila (sarcasticromancereader) | 55 comments May Monthly Word Hunt

Words: 10/10 | Bonus: 3/5 | B-Bonus 1/1 | Books Read: 7

WORDS

✔Betray - First Grave on the Right 5/7
Page 159 I was so confused, so hurt and betrayed, that I withdrew into myself.
✔Drone - The Bride Test 5/8
Page 7 The droning of Buddhist chants filled the room....
✔Frantic - First Grave on the Right 5/7
Page 314 Her hand shot to her throat as she searched frantically for her daughter.
✔Gloss - Method 5/3
Page 203 I spritz on some clean-smelling perfume and gloss my lips just as the doorbell rings.
✔Hazy - First Grave on the Right 5/7
Page 29 The coloring is sometimes a bit hazy.
✔Lamb - The Duchess Deal 5/12
Page 238 You know, for punching orphans and sacrificing lambs to Satan.
✔Puzzle - The Bride Test 5/8
Page 114 He was a puzzle she never would have been able to solve if he hadn't shown her how.
✔Radiate - Method 5/3
Page 249 Heat radiates off him as we make our way toward his SUV.
✔Rain - The Bride Test 5/8
Page 53 And I usually use rain mode, which is here.
✔Raspy - Method 5/3
Page 369 His raspy voice sounds from right behind me.

BONUS

✔Breezy - The Unhoneymooners 5/15
Page 266 The first feels breezy and light, the second feels comforting and familiar and safe.
✔Calculator - Motion 5/23
Page 34 I was used to people taking about me int he third person, like I was a calculator.
✔Lackadaisical - Garrett 5/18
Page 232 Shrugging, I give her a lackadaisical smile.
Painstaking
Propaganda

BONUS-BONUS

✔Holistic - Garrett 5/18
Page 129 She was a wreck when I told her, then she had about a hundred differentholistic suggestions for me.

message 9: by Tammie (last edited May 31, 2019 01:46PM) (new)

Tammie | 1617 comments Monthly Word Hunt
Read:
10/10
Bonus: 5/5
Bonus-Bonus: 1/1

5/6 betray - An Improper Ever After, pg 7 of 366, ...and convince him I didn't do anything to betray him.

5/13 drone - Dancing in the Rain loc 1689 of 5427, ...at last flying away, his drone growing faint in the distance.

5/6 frantic - An Improper Ever After, pg 251 of 366, Traci's frantic calling of my name is the last thing I hear before everything turns black.

5/13 gloss - Dancing in the Rain loc 3185 of 5427, ...light blue eye shadow, rouge, and a bit of gloss on her lips.

5/8 hazy - The Mister, pg 117 of 503, The smoke curls above her in a hazy cloud.

5/8 lamb - The Mister, pg 283 of 503, "It is lamb, rice, and yogurt with a few secret...um...ingredients. ..."

5/11 puzzle - Under Locke, pg 185 of 486, I'd never heard of the Reapers before but the puzzle pieces were making too much sense.

5/11 radiate - Under Locke, pg 413 of 486, ...out of the room that that static he seemed to radiate expanded, tripled and quadrupled.

5/13 rain - Dancing in the Rain loc 568 of 5427, ... washed clean after an early morning rain.

5/6 raspy - An Improper Ever After, pg 123 of 366, Her raspy whisper comes to me as I run ...

Bonus
5/12 breezy - The First Family, pg 136 of 342, They clinked and rank, and the talk turned breezy and easy for a while.

5/26 calculator - The Newlyweds, pg pg 130 of 468, ...a crystal-encrusted guitar-shaped calculator--it was clear that every detail had been planned...

5/19 lackadaisical - Sexy in Stilettos, pg 296 of 339, His brother's lackadaisical attitude set Alec's blood to simmer.

5/29 painstaking - Shopping for a CEO, pg 107 of 398, The limo shows, the driver painstaking in his glide to a spot on a city street that is both familiar and daunting.

5/31 propaganda - Northern Lights, pg 137 of 638, “Fucking propaganda." To prove it, Bing took another pull from the bottle.

Bonus-Bonus
5/12 holistic - The First Family, pg 92 of 342, "... What we offer here is a holistic approach to learning"

message 10: by Nicole (last edited May 13, 2019 07:34PM) (new)

Nicole P | 3200 comments 2019 May Word Hunt

Regular Words: 10/10 found
✓ Betray: Pretty Reckless by L.J. Shen (01/05) ★★
"...that we'd never betray each other again." Loc 2474

✓ Drone: Pretty Reckless by L.J. Shen (01/05) ★★
"I drone , swirling the water in my glass." Loc 972

✓ Frantic: Pretty Reckless by L.J. Shen (01/05) ★★
"...when there's a frantic knock on my door..." Loc 2729

✓ Glossy: Fluffy by Julia Kent (02/05) ★★★
"...beadboard painted a soft, glossy white." Loc 1476

✓ Hazy: The Wild Man by Patricia Nell Warren (03/05) ★★
"...hung in the hazy sky over the capital..." Page 200

✓ Lamb: Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall (06/05) ★★★
"...if he were a lion and I were a lamb ." Page 32

✓ Puzzle: Fluffy by Julia Kent (02/05) ★★★
"...but I'm a bit puzzled ." Loc 295

✓ Radiate: Fluffy by Julia Kent (02/05) ★★★
"Immediate concern radiates from her." Loc 2739

✓ Rain: The Wild Man by Patricia Nell Warren (03/05) ★★
"Now the rain was falling harder..." Page 284

✓ Raspy: Fatal Mistake by Marie Force (04/05) ★★★
"..her voice raspy from the attack." Page 295

Pretty Reckless (All Saints High, #1) by L.J. Shen The Wild Man by Patricia Nell Warren Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall Fluffy by Julia Kent Fatal Mistake (Fatal, #6) by Marie Force

Bonus Words: 2/5 found
✓ Breezy: Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall (06/05) ★★★
"I'm trying to channel breezy , floating, pretending like..." Page 171

2. calculator
3. lackadaisical
✓ Painstaking: Fatal Jeopardy by Marie Force (10/05) ★★★
"...knew would be hours of painstaking work to collect evidence." Page 43

5. propaganda

Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall 2 3 Fatal Jeopardy (Fatal, #7) by Marie Force 5

Bonus Bonus
Holistic

😭 Orphans 😭
1. Devotee
✓ Dolphins: Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall (06/05) ★★★
"...the faucets were shaped like dolphins ." Page 26
3. Smallpox

Under Rose-Tainted Skies by Louise Gornall

message 11: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19337 comments Leila wrote: "I'm in!

Lackadaisical, really??? :D"

LOL - that could be one of the easier bonuses!!

message 12: by Calila (new)

Calila | 2744 comments Leila wrote: "I'm in!

I just....did we make you mad Jane? We're sorry!! I swear we didn't mean whatever it was. =P

message 13: by Rissa (last edited May 26, 2019 10:47PM) (new)

Rissa | 595 comments My spot for May! :)

Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 31 May 2019

May Finished 10/10!

betray - Gathered Up - LOC 3401 - "My voice broke on that last bit and I headed to the door before my emotions could betray me even more." - 5/8/2019

drone - Spark - LOC 492 - "“I like your hair, Kevin. You have years and years before you have to become a corporate drone. We’re young.”" - 5/25/2019

frantic - Americana Fairy Tale - LOC 4807 - "Taylor’s thoughts raced in a frantic pace." - 5/19/2019

gloss - Gathered Up - LOC 5298 - "He turned pinker than my lip gloss." - 5/8/2019

hazy - Americana Fairy Tale - LOC 3942 - "He gasped as his vision went hazy at the edges." - 5/19/2019

lamb - The Adrien English Mysteries: Books 4-6 - LOC 4890 - "He uncapped the bottle of Zantac to prepare for eating his lamb stew." - 5/22/2019

puzzle - Forbidden Broadway - LOC 766 - "And then there was Nate— a dark, inscrutable puzzle." - 5/3/2019

radiate - Gathered Up - LOC 1192 - "They seemed to radiate peacefulness and were so soft I had to resist the urge to put them to my face." - 5/8/2019

rain - Circle - LOC 2145 - "The rain had stopped at some point in the evening, but drips from the cabin roof still trickled down the glass." - 5/10/2019

raspy (rasp) - Forbidden Broadway - LOC 466 - "He found a dresser with some free space on top, and just as he was setting the tray down, a raspy voice called from behind him, “Hello, young man.”" - 5/3/2019

Bonus Finished 5/5!

breezy - The Adrien English Mysteries: Books 4-6 - LOC 5150 - "We were greeted in the breezy main reception area by a crisp young man in Brooks Brothers trousers and shirt who introduced himself as Mr. Vaughn." - 5/22/2019

calculator - Spark - LOC 1118 - "He looked across the foreign room and tried to make out the random images in front of him. A stapler. Pencil cup. Ruler. Calculator." - 5/25/2019

lackadaisical - Forbidden Broadway - LOC 1257 - "He started flipping through the tabs with a lackadaisical sigh." - 5/3/2019

painstaking - The Adrien English Mysteries: Books 4-6 - LOC 3131 - "I thought of that painstaking letter I had written to my lawyer—doing my very best to keep Jake out of it as much as possible." - 5/22/2019

propaganda - Americana Fairy Tale - LOC 3301 - "The legends of kindly huntsmen who had a change of heart were just propaganda to get princesses into their clutches." - 5/19/2019

and a bonus bonus Finished 1/1!

holistic - Circle - LOC 2483 - "“I do, as it happens. Quite a lot of guys that pass through the VA have substance abuse issues combined with ongoing injury problems. Narcotic addiction is common enough that we have a program specifically for patients who need to develop more holistic ways of dealing with pain.”" - 5/10/2019

(https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...)

message 14: by Rissa (new)

Rissa | 595 comments Calila wrote: "Leila wrote: "I'm in!

I just....did we make you mad Jane? We're sorry!! I swear we didn't mean whatever it was. =P"

Lackadaisical will be easy, it's calculator I'm side-eyeing!!!! LOL

message 15: by JoAnne (last edited May 31, 2019 09:31PM) (new)

JoAnne (joannemwct) | 257 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 31 May 2019

This challenge is to see if you can find all the words listed below within your reading for the month. You do not need to preselect a level.

May DONE
Read 10/10 words; read 2/5 bonus words; read 1/1 bonus bonus word

April orphans
Read 1/1 word; read 1/5 bonus words; read 0/1 bonus bonus word

MAY
betray - betraying - Kindle location 852 - I feel like I'm betraying them every time I do."
The Cowboy and His Baby by Jessica Clare The Cowboy and His Baby by Jessica Clare 5/5/19 4stars

drone - Nook page 78 - Arm the drones and send them out to cover the gulf.
Red Zone (Red Zone, #1) by Janet Elizabeth Henderson Red Zone (Red Zone #1) by Janet Elizabeth Henderson 5/14/19 4stars

frantic - frantically - Kindle location 3870 - I ask frantically wishing my state of arousal would calm down.
That Second Chance (Getting Lucky, #1) by Meghan Quinn That Second Chance (Getting Lucky #1) by Meghan Quinn 5/4/19 4stars

gloss - Kindle location 2045 - With her hair pulled back into a high ponytail, a light coat of mascara on those long eyelashes, and a gloss on her lips, she looks gorgeous,...
That Second Chance (Getting Lucky, #1) by Meghan Quinn That Second Chance (Getting Lucky #1) by Meghan Quinn 5/4/19 4stars

hazy - Nook page 33 - Through the thick cloud, in the hazy flashes of light, she could make out...
Red Zone (Red Zone, #1) by Janet Elizabeth Henderson Red Zone (Red Zone #1) by Janet Elizabeth Henderson 5/14/19 4stars

lamb - Kindle location 2286 - Aye, he'd felt responsibility for an orphaned lamb or a sick calf,...
Sweet Wild of Mine (Where the Wild Hearts Are #2) by Laurel Kerr Sweet Wild of Mine (Where the Wild Hearts Are #2) by Laurel Kerr 5/24/19 4stars

puzzle - Kindle location 1564 - But it's not in a sexual way, more assessing, like I'm a puzzle he's trying to solve.

radiate (radiating) - Kindle location 1521 - It was radiating off them like a force field.
Solace Island (Solace Island, #1) by Meg Tilly Solace Island (Solace Island #1) by Sara Flynn, Meg Tilly 5/18/19 3.5stars

rain - Kindle location 312 - ...there was rain. Then fog.
Sniper's Pride (Alaska Force, #2) by Megan Crane Sniper's Pride (Alaska Force #2) by Megan Crane 5/8/19 4stars

raspy (rasp) - rasped - Kindle location 1342 - "I'm taking this sweater off you now," he rasped, the look in his eyes intense.
The Cowboy and His Baby by Jessica Clare The Cowboy and His Baby by Jessica Clare 5/5/19 4stars

Bonus
For our over-achievers who just need some extra words because the above weren't enough...

Unlike with the 10 words above - you must find the EXACT word to claim these bonus words, and I try to make them hard.

breezy - Kindle location 1655 - ...standing outside on a breezy, chilly afternoon with mountains looming everywhere and the constant murmur of the sea in the background.
Sniper's Pride (Alaska Force, #2) by Megan Crane Sniper's Pride (Alaska Force #2) by Megan Crane 5/8/19 4stars

calculator

lackadaisical

painstaking

propaganda - Kindle location 1801 - Propaganda and the fools who believe every word of it."

and a bonus bonus
holistic - hardcover page 303 - Ravi and Bina were at her bedside regularly, bringing her food and medicine from the local holistic doctor.
The Storyteller's Secret by Sejal Badani The Storyteller's Secret by Sejal Badani 5/30/19 4stars

orphans from April
hive - Hardcover page 106 - ...like bees around a hive.
The Road Home by Richard Paul Evans The Road Home (The Broken Road #3) by Richard Paul Evans 5/15/19 5stars

Unlike with the words above - you must find the EXACT word to claim these bonus words, and I try to make them hard.

abrasive

biblical - Kindle location 2655 - She'd known him in every sense, even the biblical one, and yet now that she was pregnant with his baby, she couldn't seem to string two words together when they were alone.

degenerative

devotee

dolphins

puce

message 16: by ~Teresa (last edited Jun 01, 2019 05:38AM) (new)

~Teresa | 322 comments May Word Hunt

10/10
0/5
0/1

Basic Words

betray ~ The Dark Game ~ Loc. 1007 ~ ... explain how it felt to betray your friend to save your Lilly white ass.” ~ 5/5/19

drone ~ Some Danger Involved ~ Page 52 ~ It was like being a drone in a beehive, everyone speaking at once ... ~ 5/7/19

frantic ~ The Dark Game ~ Loc.5382 ~ ... shadows,” she said, her voice frantic.” “I begged them to turn on the lights, ... ~ 5/5/19

gloss ~ The Accidental Beauty Queen ~ Page 248 ~ ... at me as she dabs her lips with gloss. ~ 5/3/19

hazy ~ The Dark Game ~ Loc. 3079 ~ ... from the treetops in the hazy distance. ~ 5/5/19

lamb ~ Brunch at Bittersweet Café ~ Page 312 ~ ... and forked some of the lamb into his mouth, then held it out of reach. ~ 5/17/19

puzzle ~ Sudden Death ~ Page 343 ~ ...she was missing a critical piece of the PUZZLE. ~ 5/2/19

radiate ~Sudden Death ~ Page 310 ~ Blood splatter RADIATED across the floor, indicating that ... ~ 5/2/19

rain ~ Sudden Death ~ Page 148 ~ ...threat of a downpour, though there was no rain yet. ~ 5/2/19

raspy (rasp) ~ Some Danger Involved ~ Page 1 ~ ... at last, in a deep raspy voice. ~ 5/7/19

Bonus

breezy
calculator
lackadaisical
painstaking
propaganda

Bonus Bonus

holistic

Sudden Death (FBI Trilogy, #1) by Allison Brennan The Accidental Beauty Queen by Teri Wilson The Dark Game by Jonathan Janz Some Danger Involved (Barker & Llewelyn, #1) by Will Thomas Brunch at Bittersweet Café (The Saturday Night Supper Club #2) by Carla Laureano

Sallie(GeorgiaGirl) (shuga) | 1070 comments I’m in....

message 18: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19337 comments They all turned up in my Kindle search, but yes - calculator will take a particular book I suspect ;)

message 19: by Georgina (last edited May 07, 2019 02:49PM) (new)

Georgina Parkin (geosbookblog) | 249 comments Read 10/10 | bonus read 6/6 | books read 6

betray:
LOC 2604 “I won’t ever betray that sweet trust.” The Wedding Night 1/5
drone: LOC 694 “No voices, no cheep of finches, no drone of bees or rattle of grasshoppers.” Mine Till Midnight 7/5
frantic: LOC 2623 “I mash my lips to his, utterly frantic...” Hannah's Hero 2/5
gloss: LOC 90 “I can easily gloss over the back of a head and a pair of shoulders...” The Wedding Night 1/5
hazy: P109 “... a hazy mist of steam billowing out behind him.” The Studying Hours 5/5
lamb: LOC 3648 “... with William dressed up as a lamb and Nicole pretending to be a rabbit....” The Wedding Night 1/5
puzzle: LOC 2878 “The missing piece of my puzzle.”
radiate: P183 “I can feel the sadness radiate off of him.” Driven 8/5
rain: LOC 2393 “Bring the fuckin’ rain.” Sweet Home 4/5
raspy: LOC 680 “... he breathes, his voice raspy and low, teasing at my ear.” Hannah's Hero 2/5

Bonus
breezy:
LOC 3282 “I knew he was more anxious than he let on, but was feigning a breezy attitude...” Sweet Home 4/5
calculator: P48 “Calculator on the right, computer in the middle.” The Studying Hours 5/5
lackadaisical: P93 “Oh my god, snowboarders and their lackadaisical attitudes.” The Studying Hours 5/5
painstaking: LOC 536 “...but it was obvious the process would be painstaking.” Mine Till Midnight 7/5
propaganda: P160 “...regardless of all of the psychological propaganda I barrage myself with...” Driven 8/5
holistic: LOC 212 “... what they believe, gives people a richer, more holistic understanding of the human condition.” Sweet Home 4/5

message 20: by CB (last edited Jun 01, 2019 05:11AM) (new)

CB (cb33) | 1041 comments Monthly Word Hunt
May 2019

10/10 Regular
1/5 Bonus
1/1 Bonus Bonus

betray - Twisted Pride by Cora Reilly (5/10/19) 5⭐️
I won’t betray you. LOC 552

drone - The Artifact Enigma by Judith Berens (5/5/19) 3⭐️
For a moment, he considered calling his support for access to drone recon but decided against it. LOC 81

frantic - The Artifact Enigma by Judith Berens
He didn’t look frantic or angry, only exhausted. LOC 2964

gloss - UnScripted by Jax Hart (5/13/19) 3⭐️
Tina informs me tugging down her top and applying a fresh coat of lip gloss. Page 27

hazy - The Sweetest Oblivion by Danielle Lori (5/12/19) 5⭐️
And the fact that he smelled so good, like clean soap and man, made the corners of my vision hazy. Page 35

lamb - The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan (5/9/19) 5⭐️
A steaming plate of her thick lamb stew, probably. Page 95

puzzle - The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
His words still ran together, but Rand had come to understand without having to puzzle it out. Page 338

radiate - The Eye of the World by Robert Jordan
Elyas moved with the lazy grace of a wolf, only emphasized by his skins and his fur hat, radiating danger as naturally as a fire radiated heat, and the contrast with the Traveling People was sharp. Page 378

rain - The Sweetest Oblivion by Danielle Lori
The soft patter of rain hitting the windows filled the room, a quiet discomfort replacing any words. Page 69

raspy (rasp) - Glass Predator by Craig Schaefer (5/23/19) 3.5⭐️
Then he barked out a raspy laugh, his eyes opening wide. Page 275

Bonus
breezy Becoming His by Ami Van (5/30/19) 2.5⭐️
“Breezy night.” LOC 7023

calculator
lackadaisical
painstaking
propaganda

bonus bonus
holistic - Bulldozer by P. Dangelico (5/28/19) 5⭐️
After rehab I got on a huge health kick, researching all kinds of holistic remedies for common ailments. Page 151

Twisted Pride by Cora Reilly The Artifact Enigma (The Daniel Codex, #1) by Judith Berens UnScripted (Creed MC, #2) by Jax Hart The Sweetest Oblivion (Made, #1) by Danielle Lori The Eye of the World (The Wheel of Time, #1) by Robert Jordan Glass Predator (Harmony Black, #3) by Craig Schaefer Becoming His (A King Family Series Book 1) by Ami Van Bulldozer (Hard to Love #3) by P. Dangelico

message 21: by Maritza (last edited May 16, 2019 06:15PM) (new)

Maritza (spanishwhispers) | 520 comments Happy Easter.

Monthly Word Hunt 
1 - 31 May 2019

Found - 9 of 10, 1 of 5 Bonus, of 1 Bonus Bonus

betray
drone, Convergence - even with the constant DRONE of the river, (loc 740)
frantic, Steel Resolve 05/08 - Hud listened to his wife's FRANTIC call. (loc 2100)
gloss, Split-Level 05/16*** - dabs on her shimmery GLOSS, (loc 421)
hazy, Convergence - , a HAZY covet of clouds. (loc 2671)
lamb, Pieces of Her 05/12**** - Poor LAMB. (loc 64%)
puzzle, Convergence - Like PUZZLE pieces, (loc 827)
radiate, Pieces of Her - ... made her cheeks RADIATE with heat. (loc 42%)
rain, Split-Level - and eyes big as RAIN puddles. (loc 259)
raspy, Pieces of Her - her voice a RASPY whisper. (loc 12%)
Convergence by Ginny L. Yttrup Steel Resolve by B.J. Daniels Pieces of Her by Karin Slaughter Split-Level by Sande Boritz Berger
breezy, Split-Level - Gone are the warm, BREEZY nights, (loc 430)
calculator
lackadaisical
painstaking
propaganda

**holistic

message 22: by Andrea (last edited May 17, 2019 10:29AM) (new)

Andrea | 101 comments I'm in.

10/10

betray - Spirit of the Rodeo - May2 - 2*
LOC 538 - "And everytime he did, the slight wrinkle of his nose betrayed his irritation."
drone - Plummet To Soar - May4 - 4*
LOC 1468 - "The drone of long-abused gears indicated there was a freight elevator somewhere behind the wall."
frantic - Getting Him Back - May6 - 3*
LOC 1332 - "I tried to share that in the kiss, ease him back from the frantic hunger..."
gloss - Two for Trust - May 8 - 4*
LOC 1700 - "Benedict was droll and going to gloss over Finch's request"
hazy - Fall Into the Sun - May10 - 3*
LOC 1227 - "... Alejo looked like a debauched angel, his eyes hazy and his hair tousled."
lamb - Lost Mate - May12 - 5*
LOC 1482 - "He took him by the hand and let him like a lost lamb toward where he'd parked his truck."
puzzle - Dead To Me - May13 - 5*
LOC 1585 - "Stacked up on an end table near a comfortable looking pink chaise were piles of Nora Roberts' paperbacks and some Sudoku puzzle magazines."
radiate - Caring for Riggs - May14 - 5*
LOC 615 - "... echoed the sun's warmth, pleasure and uncomplicated happiness radiating through him like a tonic"
rain - Runaway Rock Star - May 15 - 4*
LOC 669 - "And that rain is cold!"
raspy (rasp) - At Attention - May16 - 3*
LOC 961 - "His leg hair rasped against Apollo's side"

0/6

Bonus
breezy
calculator
lackadaisical
painstaking
propaganda

bonus bonus
holistic

message 23: by Emily (last edited Jun 23, 2019 08:36PM) (new)

Emily | 693 comments May
betray (pg224) To Blakes credit he didn't BETRAY aany emotion. shiver by Suzanne Wright 5..15
drone (Pg165) long time as the waited under the umbrella DRONE of the rotors. Next Alpha by Jasmine White 5.11
frantic (Loc2286) We’re both FRANTIC, gasping, absolutely needy Desperately Seeking Roommate by Michaela Smeltzer 5.3
gloss (Loc2072) Wearing lip GLOSS and having your hair F-Bomb by Lani Lynn Vale 5.13
hazy (Loc125) had turned purple with the HAZY light. Claiming Mia by Alisa Woods 5.4
lamb
puzzle (pg44) trying to piece the PUZZLE together. Next Alpha by Jasmine White 5.11
radiate
rain (Loc685) Abel enters, shaking RAIN from his hair Desperately Seeking Roommate by Michaela Smeltzer 5.3
raspy (rasp) (Loc395) with a slight RASP that sent lust Desperately Seeking Roommate by Michaela Smeltzer 5.3

Bonus

Unlike with the 10 words above - you must find the EXACT word to claim these bonus words, and I try to make them hard.

breezy (pg49) and gae him a BREEZY smile. shiver by Suzanne Wright 5..15
calculator
lackadaisical
painstaking (Loc2469) then pushed back into me at a PAINSTAKING speed. Mad Gold by Mary B. Moore 5.25
propaganda (pg145) Patricahal PROPAGANDA! Venus in Blue Jeans by Meg Benjamin 6.5

and a bonus bonus
holistic

message 24: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19337 comments Happy Easter Maritza and everyone!! 🐰 🥚

message 25: by Erin (new)

Erin Carroll (eeyore246355) | 3 comments Monthly Word Hunt
May 1, 2019- May 31, 2019

0/10
betray
drone
frantic
gloss
hazy
lamb
puzzle
radiate
rain
raspy (rasp)

Bonus:

0/6
breezy
calculator
lackadaisical
painstaking
propaganda

message 26: by D.K. Daisy (last edited May 30, 2019 12:56AM) (new)

D.K. Daisy (kuucina) | 32 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 31 May 2019

May: 10/10
(view spoiler)

Bonus: 5/5
(view spoiler)

Bonus-Bonus: 1/1
(view spoiler)

Leftovers: 3/5
(view spoiler)

Read: 15
Luna and the Lie by Mariana Zapata Fighting for Flight (Fighting, #1) by J.B. Salsbury White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements, #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Stone Cold Touch (The Dark Elements, #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout Every Last Breath (The Dark Elements, #3) by Jennifer L. Armentrout The Simple Wild by K.A. Tucker Wrong (Wrong, #1) by Jana Aston Beautiful Mistake by Vi Keeland Say You'll Stay by Corinne Michaels The Sexy One (One Love, #1) by Lauren Blakely His to Protect (Fireside, #2) by Stacey Lynn Mean Machine (Untouchables MC, #2) by Joanna Blake Entreat Me by Grace Draven Rebel Heir (Rush Duet, #1) by Vi Keeland Some Girls Do by Clodagh Murphy

message 27: by Wealie (last edited May 30, 2019 04:20AM) (new)

Wealie | 362 comments Monthly Word Hunt: May 2019 - Read: 11

Single words - Found: 10/10

(view spoiler)

Bonus - Found: 3/5
(view spoiler)

Bonus, bonus - Found: 1/1
(view spoiler)

Bookcovers
(view spoiler)

message 28: by Claire (last edited Jun 03, 2019 03:38AM) (new)

Claire (proud-mum) | 84 comments May Word Hunt

1. Betray
2. Drone
3. Frantic
4. Gloss
5. Hazy
6. Lamb
7. Puzzle
8. Radiate
9. Rain
10. Raspy (rasp)

Bonus

1. Breezy
2. Calculator
3. Lackadaisical
4. Painstaking
5. Propaganda

Bonus Bonus

1. Holistic

Orphan Words (September)

Bonus Words

1. Paparazzi Wife by Wednesday by Catherine Bybee ...wiggled her fingers by her ears for the paparazzi. LOC: pg 194 READ: 5/24/19

Bonus Bonus Word

1. Ladybug

Orphan Words (October)

Bonus

1. Demonic
2. Pimp

Bonus Bonus

1. Pharaoh

Orphan Words (November)

1. Duel/Dueling Wife by Wednesday by Catherine Bybee A young couple with dueling laptops sipped their lattes. LOC: pg 3 READ: 5/24/19

Bonus

1. Audacity

Bonus Bonus

1. Bovine

Orphan Words (December)

1. Blubber
2. Elf

Bonus

1. Cartel
2. Hymn
3. Scrooge
4. Thunderstorm

Bonus Bonus

1. Cinder

Orphan Words (January)

1. Beanie
2. Beef Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder Kill one and the garrison will beef up... LOC: pg 188 READ: 5/21/19
3.Peep/Peeping The A.B.C. Murders by Agatha Christie ...ridiculous little high-heeled slippers peeping out - it gave... LOC: pg. 139 READ: 5/6/19
4. Sordid The A.B.C. Murders by Agatha Christie ...little tobacco shop seemed, somehow, sordid and uninteresting. LOC: pg. 16 READ: 5/6/19

Bonus

1. Celery
2. Cycling
3. Flippant
4. Neighborly
5. Pixie

Bonus Bonus

1. Stupendous

Orphan Words (February)

1. Berry
2. Bubble The A.B.C. Murders by Agatha Christie ...time, I felt, that someone pricked the bubble. LOC: pg. 157 READ: 5/6/19
3. Carriage
4. Champagne Wife by Wednesday by Catherine Bybee ...his private jet to open a bottle of champagne. LOC: pg 28 READ: 5/24/19
5. Lavish
6. Magnificent
7. Napkin Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder Janco held up his napkin. LOC: pg 31 READ: 5/21/19
8. Nondescript
9. North Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder Did they head north... LOC: pg 378 READ: 5/21/19
10. Straw

Bonus

1. Acoustics
2. Blot
3. Lumpy
4. Rhyme
5. Smelly

Bonus Bonus

1. Squalid

Orphan Words (March)

1. Bonus
2. Cracker
3. Flock
4. Handy
5. Paddle
6. Pray
7. Rigging
8. Sheep
9. Steer
10. Warning

Bonus

1. Blistering
2. Ephemeral
3. Grape
4. Senile
5. Tramp

Bonus Bonus

1. Smallpox

Orphan Words (April)

1. Candy
2. Cord
3. Curfew
4. Dire
5. Hive
6. Husky
7. Knot
8. Lottery
9. Prayer
10. Vulture

Bonus

1. Abrasive
2. Biblical
3. Degenerative
4. Devotee
5. Dolphins

Bonus Bonus

1. Puce

message 29: by Calila (new)

Calila | 2744 comments Whoa....Claire. I need to quit angsting over my list. o_0

message 30: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19337 comments Calila wrote: "Whoa....Claire. I need to quit angsting over my list. o_0"

LOL!! So true.

message 31: by Anabell (last edited May 29, 2019 10:17AM) (new)

Anabell | 32 comments Reg: 10/10 | Bonus: 3/5 | B-Bonus 0/1 | Orphans: 6/8

REG

√ Betray - Resisting
99% ''The tone of his voice didn't betray his intentions.''

√ Drone - Bittersweet
Page 133/341 ''”Hi-to-our-friend-Audrey” they droned in tandem, then laughed and high-fived each other.''

√ Frantic - Throttle Me
8% ''..but she frowned and her fingers began to move frantically.''

√ Gloss - Resist Me
69% ''I grabbed my purse and sat down on the bed, pulling my lip gloss from my purse as I listened.''

√ Hazy - Resist Me
67% 'the place reeked of cigarettes; the air was hazy from the smoke.'''

√ Lamb Travels with My Aunt
Page 139 ''I dialled Chicken and ordered myself cream of spinach, soup, lamb vutlets and Cheddar cheese.''

√ Puzzle Thief
24% ''I pull out my arsenal, a CD walkman, some colouring books and markers, and a book of crossword puzzles.''

√ Radiate - Throttle Me
7% ''The pain began to radiate throughout my body…''

√ Rain - Throttle Me
10% ''I'll take a rain check.''

√ Raspy - Bittersweet
Page 93/341 ''But my voice came out as a rasp.''

BONUS

√ Breezy - Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes
''I finally decided on plain off-white panels, that would be soft and breezy with the pale yellow walls.''

√ Calculator - Bittersweet
''”No-she bought me a business suit and a scientific calculator...”''

Lackadaisical
Painstaking

√ Propaganda Rescuing Rayne
Page 2 '' Turner had been used as propaganda tool to further ISIS's anti-American agenda.

BONUS-BONUS
Holistic

Februar
Bonus
√ Acoustics Red Sister
Page 257

√ Rhyme - Red Sister
Page 25 ''”Hunska-dark, Hunska-fast” like reciting a rhyme''

March
Bonus
√ senile Travels with My Aunt
Page 134 ''I only mentioned those names to show you that General Abdul is now a little senile.''

April
Regular
√ hive Rescuing Rayne
Page 359 ''...but the thought of Africa made her break out in hives.''

√ lottery Rescuing Emily
Page 37/605 ''it was as if Emily had hit the lottery.''

Bonus
degenerative
devotee

bonus bonus
√ puce Northanger Abbey
Page 248/544 ''I remember too, Miss Andrews drank tea with us that evening, and wore her puce coloured sarsenet; and she looked heavenly…''

message 32: by Anabell (new)

Anabell | 32 comments I have found the first 3 books with calculator but no one with lackadaisical. I gotta admit English is not my first language and this one I have no idea what it means and pretty sure I can’t pronounce 😱 but I am learning a new word yay!

message 33: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19337 comments Anabell wrote: "I have found the first 3 books with calculator but no one with lackadaisical. I gotta admit English is not my first language and this one I have no idea what it means and pretty sure I can’t pronou..."

Good luck Anabell!!

message 34: by Cyndee (last edited May 28, 2019 05:29AM) (new)

Cyndee (cyndeew) | 1699 comments MAY WORD HUNT

Regular 11/10
1. BETRAY - The Son & His Hope by Pepper Winters - loc 7580 - "I can't hurt or betray him." - 5/24
2. DRONE - Fumbled by Alexa Martin - p. 254 - "The commercial break ends and a drone flies above the stadium." - 5/17
3. FRANTIC - The Silent Waters by Brittainy C Cherry - p. 241 - "She was frantic, something I'd never seen her be." - 5/24
4. GLOSS - Obsidian by Jennifer Armentrout - p. 188 - "Her final touch before she rushed off to meet up with Lesa was the gloss she painted on my lips, turning them a perfect shade of Ruby." - 5/2
5. HAZY - That Guy by Kim Jones - loc 2056 - "Those green/gray/blue eyes lift, hazy with lust and nearly hidden beneath his long dark lashes."- 5/27
6. LAMB - The Duke and I by Julia Quinn - p. 71 - "I'm not some sacrificial lamb to be slaughtered on the altar of your mother." - 5/9
7. PUZZLE - The Sweet Gum Tree by Katherine Allred - loc 362 - "Engines make sense, like a big jigsaw puzzle." - 5/7
8. RADIATE - Our Time by Jessica Wilde - p. 21 - "He radiated calm and collected and that made me more nervous." - 5/27
9. RAIN - The Upside of Falling Down by Rebekah Crane - p. 19 - "Ireland smells like rain and sunshine blended together." - 5/19
10a. RASP - Complicated Hearts by Ashley Jade - p. 31 - "'Did he fuck you nice and hard too?' I rasp before I can take the words back." - 5/15
10b. RASPY - Capture by Penny Reid - p. 48 - "My voice was raspy from my coughing fit." - 5/5

Bonus - 4/5
1. BREEZY - We Shouldn't by Vi Keeland - p. 7 - "It was a typical breezy day in the Bay area..." - 5/25
2. CALCULATOR - Good Time by Jana Aston - p. 161 - "I stare at him, trying to compute that, but that kind of math-ing is meant for a calculator." - 5/5
3. LACKADAISICAL
4. PAINSTAKING - Long Live the Beautiful Hearts by Emma Scott - p. 131 - "Months of painstaking, laborious work down the toilet." - 5/14
5. PROPAGANDA - Bring Down the Stars by Emma Scott - p. 27 - "I'll leave you to read your capitalist propaganda." - 5/11

Bonus Bonus - 0/1
1. HOLISTIC -

Orphans - 2/7
1. APRIL '19 - DEGENERATIVE
2. APRIL '19 - DEVOTEE
3. APRIL '19 - PUCE
4. MARCH '19 - SENILE - Complicated Hearts by Ashley Jade - p. 51 - "The senile, albeit harmless science teacher the school desperately wanted to get rid of but..." - 5/13
5. MARCH '19 - SMALLPOX
6. FEBRUARY '19 - ACOUSTICS - Capture by Penny Reid - p. 21 - "...with cool looking Norwegian-looking tapestries lining the walls, likely placed purposefully to help with acoustics." - 5/5
7. AUGUST '18 - UNEQUAL

message 35: by Claire (new)

Claire (proud-mum) | 84 comments Calila wrote: "Whoa....Claire. I need to quit angsting over my list. o_0"

I know :/ can't decide if I need to read more or start afresh LOL. However, once I've read one of my May books, I'll only have one more word left for September then that'll be done! Very determined gal, haha.

message 36: by LaurLa (last edited Jul 31, 2019 06:08PM) (new)

LaurLa | 3255 comments May Word Hunt
May 2019

My Word Hunt (msg 36)

10 of 10 Words Found
6 of 6 Bonus Words
6 of 7 Books Read

May Words

Nauti Seductress (Nauti, #8; Nauti Girls, #4) by Lora Leigh Built to Last (Black Knights Inc., #12) by Julie Ann Walker Sex and the Single Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #3) by Jennifer Bernard Wolf's Capture (Kodiak Point, #4) by Eve Langlais Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5) by Lisa Kleypas

betray ~ She couldn’t betray her brother, her cousins. (loc: 182.2)
🔹Nauti Seductress ~ Lora Leigh ~ 05.02 ★★★★

drone ~ you being strapped to an unmanned drone and flown out of the country. (loc: 289.5)
🔹Built to Last ~ Julie Ann Walker ~ 05.23 ★★★★

frantic ~ Frantic shouts could be heard coming across the line. (loc: 352.1)
🔹Nauti Seductress ~ Lora Leigh ~ Lora Leigh ~ 05.02 ★★★★

gloss ~ she’d glossed over their passing. (loc: 71.4)

hazy ~ Hazy sensuality surrounded her, filled her. (loc: 322.0)
🔹Nauti Seductress ~ Lora Leigh ~ Lora Leigh ~ 05.02 ★★★★

lamb ~ dry some veal or marinate some lamb. (loc: 166.3)
🔹Sex and the Single Fireman ~ Jennifer Bernard ~ 05.11 ★★★★

puzzle ~ Danger. Adventure. A puzzle to solve. (loc: 104.9)
🔹Wolf's Capture ~ Eve Langlais ~ 05.03 ★★★

radiate ~ a simmering storm that radiated from every tense muscle (loc: 81.6)

rain ~ flock of blood-sucking ones when on a mission in the rain forest (loc: 33.6)

rasp ~ the silence was broken by the rasp of her brother’s snore (loc: 502.9)
🔹Again the Magic ~ Lisa Kleypas ~ 05.08 ★★★★

Bonus/Bonus Bonus Word

Again the Magic (Wallflowers, #0.5) by Lisa Kleypas Sex and the Single Fireman (The Bachelor Firemen of San Gabriel, #3) by Jennifer Bernard Father Found (The Daddy School, #1) by Judith Arnold Built to Last (Black Knights Inc., #12) by Julie Ann Walker 🔹 The Collector of Dying Breaths (Reincarnationist, #6) by M.J. Rose

breezy ~ Livia replied with breezy offhandedness. (loc: 441.7)

calculator ~ Luke pushed aside his calculator. (loc: 176.5)
🔹Sex and the Single Fireman ~ Jennifer Bernard ~ 05.11 ★★★★

lackadaisical ~ Someone alarmingly lackadaisical about the woman (loc: 30.4)
🔹Father Found ~ Judith Arnold ~ 05.21 ★★★

painstaking ~ watching as she made her slow, painstaking way upstairs. (loc: 321.0)

propaganda ~ the kid’s extremism had been forged in the crucible of online propaganda (loc: 177.3)

holistic ~ The traditional medical community was openly hostile to this holistic, soul-centered approach. (loc: 146.5)
🔹The Collector of Dying Breaths ~ M.J. Rose ~ 07.30 ★★★

message 37: by Jodie (last edited May 10, 2019 08:14PM) (new)

Jodie (dubious_ks) | 37 comments Completed: 10 / 10
🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

✔️betray: Keri Arthur Fireborn (Souls of Fire, #1) by Keri Arthur , 5/3/19
“He’d been furious when he’d found out about Rory’s presence in my life—furious and betrayed, and justifiably so in many respects.” (Ch2, pg43)

✔️drone: Devney Perry Tattered (Lark Cove, #1) by Devney Perry , 5/1/19
“On and on he droned, talking about how the poor people in the city, or “the unfortunate,” desperately needed the donations from ‘New York’s finest.’” (Ch21, loc3302)

✔️frantic: Devney Perry Tattered
““Mommy! Gran!” Charlie frantically waved them over. “Look what Logan got me.” (ch13, loc2054)

✔️gloss: Jessica Marin Until Valerie (Happily Ever Alpha World) by Jessica Marin , 5/2/19
“...my makeup is bare minimum of foundation, mascara and lip gloss.” (Ch2, loc185)

✔️hazy: Keri Arthur. [boo:Fireborn|18656310]
“They ripped my purse from my shoulder, but everything after that became hazy.”
(Ch8, pg175)

✔️lamb: Ella Fox Until Twyla (Happily Ever Alpha World) by Ella Fox , 5/10/19
“Certainly I’d never expected that he’d send me out to the parking lot like a lamb to the slaughter to be attacked by his cousin.”

✔️puzzle: Devney Perry Tattered
“I tore my eyes from Charlie’s puzzled face to look up at Logan.”
(ch13, loc2054)

✔️radiate: Jessica Marin Until Valerie
“...smile always on her face, she radiated sunshine and warmth...” (ch2, loc154)

✔️rain: Elin Hilderbrand Winter in Paradise (Paradise, #1) by Elin Hilderbrand , 5/5/19
“...it was noisy in the rain.” (pg 56)

✔️raspy (rasp): Keri Arthur Fireborn
“Best cure for a hangover ever invented,” he said, his breathing a harsh rasp as he finally lay down beside me.“ (ch7, pg155)

🌻🌻🌻🌻🌻

Bonus words: 2 / 6

breezy

✔️calculator: Robyn Carr A Summer in Sonoma by Robyn Carr , 5/9/19
“He had his calculator out all the time, figuring.“ (ch7, p201)

lackadaisical

✔️painstaking: Winter in Paradise
“Irene’s house is a reflection not only of years of painstaking work but also of her soul.” (Pg9)

propaganda

Bonus Bonus:
holistic

message 38: by Becky (last edited May 20, 2019 07:33AM) (new)

Becky (fibrobabe) | 1392 comments 16/16

betray Ship It- loc 4354- Very practiced, neutral faces that don't betray anything to anyone who might be filming or photographing him, but I can tell from the extremely slight way he narrows his eyes and bores them into me that he wants me to do something. 5/3-5/4
drone Ship It- loc 3793- Ms Newton drones on in calc about concepts I have no grasp of because I've missed so much class. 5/3-5/4
frantic Dyeing to be Loved- loc 1352- "I seem to remember a frantic call about how he was dying." 5/5-5/6
gloss Cowboy Seeks Husband- loc 522- With his pinky finger he applied the faintest sheen of lip gloss, then smacked his lips with a pop, and smoothed his shirt down. 5/6-5/7
hazy Working Out the Kinks- loc 3929- This hazy feeling of just right was not something I should be getting used to. 5/1-5/3
lamb Rough Justice- loc 1375- "You said Seanna's quiet today, which implies she isn't always, yet as far as I know, she's an absolute lamb." 5/14-5/15
puzzle Working Out the Kinks- loc 1593- Sliding my hand in smooth strokes, I remembered how perfectly we'd fit together, locking tight like puzzle pieces. 5/1-5/3
radiate Cowboy Seeks Husband- loc 2654- The point of contact radiated heat all through his chest, down his arms where goosebumps rose, and straight through his stomach into his dick. 5/6-5/7
rain Ship It- loc 93- Storm clouds rumble overhead, threatening rain. 5/3-5/4
raspy (rasp) Dyeing to be Loved- loc 3155- My voice sounded raspy, so I drank some more water until there was nothing left. 5/5-5/6

Bonus

breezy Off the Clock- loc 211- He laughed, all easy breezy, like they were discussing what they'd had for lunch today instead of x-rated talk and random erections in an institute of higher learning. 5/16-5/18
calculator Working Out the Kinks- loc 3496- But I'd been on a strict budget for one for a long ass time, and adjusting that for two involved digging into a mental calculator I hadn't had out for a while. 5/1-5/3
lackadaisical Permanent Ink- loc 1015- Poe was certainly attractive, more so now that the lackadaisical attitude he'd shown toward work had pretty much vanished. 5/19-5/20
painstaking Beyond Surrender- loc 2700- If anything, it grew worse as she helped him with the painstaking, dangerous task of shifting broken boards and heavy stone and steel bars away from the tangle blocking the door. 5/12-5/14
propaganda Beyond Surrender- loc 1711- Whoever was in charge of the city's propaganda was a goddamn, hell-bound genius. 5/12-5/14

Bonus Bonus

holistic Off the Clock- loc 1313- "But the clients here like a holistic approach, so it's good to have some tricks up your sleeve." 5/16-5/18

message 39: by Carly (last edited May 31, 2019 09:39PM) (new)

Carly (car88) | 65 comments MAY 2019 - WORD HUNT
·Post 39 *FINISHED*

10/10
BETRAY - #9 (loc 5795, 54%)
"I know it won't make much of a difference, since it's your house that's about to explode, but the person probably thought he was just betraying me. I don't have the best reputation when it comes to keeping husbands alive. He might think he's saving you from me." "I don't want to be saved. I'm quite content in your Good little clutches."
DRONE - #6 (loc 549, 16%)
No bad dudes lurking in any corners to chase down. No spy drones whizzing around. No worries about anything evil sneaking around outside except maybe one of those sewer rats, but even the sewer rats don't come to this zip code. They like their trash trashier than what they can get on this side of Central Park.
FRANTIC - #1 (loc 3212, 93%)
"This is it," Cordelia announced, a sharp edge in her voice. "After this, we are done, Luke, you got me? No more deals. And no more frantic phone calls from you. My husband is tired of your crazy ass calling me in the middle of the night. You do it again, and he'll come after you." Cordelia was married to a human, so Luke wasn't particularly concerned about the threat of an attack from him. But… "See something that helps my brother, and I won't be calling you again."
GLOSS - #4 (loc 4546, 89%)
Both of my hands clutch whatever I can as the car zips down the driveway and fishtails out onto the road, cutting off another car that blares its horn. Shera is putting on lip gloss as the steering wheel guides itself. "Can you at least watch the road while doing…that?!" I shout, really regretting that shock therapy treatment toward her now.
HAZY - #2 (loc 4043, 92%)
Mordecai closed his eyes and his hands fisted. "Let it consume you," Jack said again. The throb of power from Mordecai intensified. The air turned hazy around him, shimmering. "Here we go," Daisy said, grabbing my arm. "He's been having really bad dreams." Again, it was like she'd forgotten we all lived together. Daisy and I had both had to wake him up in the dead of night when he was screaming and wrestling with his sheets.
LAMB - #7 (loc 86, 5%)
All things being said, the balance of souls that end up falling in my grasp and His most favored lambs that skip their way into Heaven's embrace has always been just that - a balance. That balance was tipping in my favor until now.
PUZZLE - #3 (loc 984, 43%)
"So not helpful." I tried a few more, and got more cryptic pieces of the puzzle, like: earth, water, fire, soul thief, bringer of life, or maybe it was miracle life. I wasn't completely certain. But nothing that screamed, hey, I'm the solution you're looking for!
RADIATE - #8 (loc 553, 29%)
The men continued to approach, and she thought she'd actually get up and run, but as the man with the blonde guy moved closer, Peren realized it wasn't him she was afraid of. He radiated something that almost pushed away the the worry and dread that was assailing her. But if it wasn't him, then what was causing her unease, her fear?
RAIN - #5 (loc 332, 34%)
He pulled his chair out and sat. The rain and wind did most of the cleaning around here. The tables turned over almost too quickly, with people seating themselves, for the wait staff to keep up with wiping them clean and, again, if you didn't get a little sugar on you before eating beignets, you definitely wouldn't be leaving without some.
RASPY - #10 (loc 742, 56%)
I want to close my eyes and walk back into the house and imagine that it's three months ago when I walked through the door to celebrate her birthday and she was already halfway to being trashed, her face flushed and her smile bright as she called me a bag of dicks and thrust a beer in my hand. "Claire, you look like shit," Jenny tells her. I smack Jenny's arm as Claire laughs. "I feel like shit too," Claire informs us with a low, raspy voice.

Bonus
1/5
BREEZY - #2 (loc 3452, 79%)
"I was just noticing the one guy's awesome hair. Did you see how shiny it was? I wonder what product he uses…" "Genetics." She stepped deeper into the alcove, right next to the teen girl I'd been looking for, with her large eyes and her fingers nervously picking at her large buttons. "You're fucking with my chi, Alexis. You are really fucking with my chi, right now." She took a deep breath, collecting herself. At least now I knew one thing could mess with that breezy calm of hers. Me.
CALCULATOR
LACKADAISICAL
PAINSTAKING
PROPAGANDA

Bonus-Bonus
0/1
HOLISTIC

Carryovers
3/3
April
ABRASIVE - #11 (loc 4733, 64%)
"You're my mate; your body should be for me alone." He slid his hands over the tops of my breasts and around them to cup and lift them gently. I sighed in delight as he rubbed his face against them, his early morning stubble pleasantly abrasive. Then liquid heat enveloped me as his mouth did and I almost came off the bed.
DEGENERATIVE - #9 (loc 8106, 76%)
"I survived." "Well your degenerate parents won't." Blue eyes glowed with righteous fury, her innocent confusion burning away in the heat of her anger. "They'd better hope they're far from Camelot. Once I have the throne back, I'm going to track them down and have them both executed. I swear to God, I will."
DEVOTEE - #11 (loc 780, 11%)
The lwa were supposed to have once been living people who had accomplished great works and so, in death, were elevated to an almost angelic status. They helped humanity, and their devotees served them with offerings and deeds that were supposed to feed the lwa and keep them strong.

READ
Tempted By Fate (Bad Things, #6) by Cynthia Eden Sin & Magic (Demigod of San Francisco #2) by K.F. Breene Gone with the Minion (Madder Than Hell, #1) by Renee George Gypsy Freak (All The Pretty Monsters, #2) by Kristy Cunning Easy Going (Boys of the Big Easy, #0.5) by Erin Nicholas The Hero and the Hacktivist by Pippa Grant Lucifer (Fire from Heaven, #1) by Ava Martell Immortal Ops by Mandy M. Roth The Kingpin of Camelot (A Kinda Fairytale, #3) by Cassandra Gannon Tattoos and Tatas (Chocoholics, #2.5) by Tara Sivec Of Gods and Wolves by Amy Sumida
(view spoiler)

message 40: by Jamie (last edited May 20, 2019 04:42PM) (new)

Jamie Campbell (jamie_rc1977) 🌸I've never done this challenge before, So I'm going to give it a try🌸

Monthly Word Hunt 🌸🌸1 - 31 May 2019🌸🌸

9/10

✅betray
29 % - 5/3 ⭐⭐⭐
Slick Rock Cowboys - Becca Van
There was no way she was hanging around to betray herself any more than she already had.

✅drone
79 % - 5/20 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
The constant drone of the machines beeping and whirring had lulled Mason into a dark and fitful sleep.

✅frantic
71 % - 5/2 ⭐⭐⭐
Hidden Dragons - Becca Van
Her whole body was on fire and tingling so badly she wasn’t sure if it hurt or was pleasurable, but she couldn’t deny the frantic call of her body to his, to all of theirs.

✅gloss
17 % - 5/1 ⭐
Carnal Ecstasy - Lissa Matthews
She moaned, oh so softly, and that’s when he tasted her. Strawberry lip gloss and beer.

✅hazy
30 % - 5/1 ⭐
Carnal Ecstasy - Lissa Matthews
When he lifted his head, her eyes had grown hazy and he was helpless to keep from kissing her.

lamb

✅puzzle
15 % - 5/3 ⭐⭐⭐
Slick Rock Cowboys - Becca Van
Clay realized he couldn’t find anything when a puzzled expression crossed his face.

✅radiate
54 % 5/1 ⭐⭐⭐
Simple Need - Lissa Matthews
Her body trembled, but it had nothing to do with the chill, but the damp heat radiating from between her legs.

✅rain
31 % 5/1 ⭐⭐⭐
Elise snuggled deeper into the covers. It was still dark in the room and rain fell in a steady downpour outside.

✅raspy (rasp)
70 % 5/1⭐⭐⭐
His ring rasped over her G-spot and her back bowed, and a long, low moan filled the room.

Bonus
0/5

breezy
calculator
lackadaisical
painstaking
propaganda

Bonus - Bonus
0/1

holistic

message 41: by Pam from Maine (last edited May 29, 2019 12:15PM) (new)

Pam from Maine | 377 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 31 May 2019

April Orphans

Abrasive The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead LOC pg 154 " I've been with people much more abrasive than him."

Biblical Building Forever LOC pg 84 "Dad was worried either an asteroid would hit the house-just this house-or that biblical flood would separate our neighborhood..."

Degenerative- Trial by Fire LOC pg 20 "Schizophrenia is a degenerative disease."

MAY
BETRAY Magic Bite LOC pg 206 "I couldn't look away from the fiery amber, not even to take in the perfect planes of his body, or the way the tent in his towel betrayed how much he wanted me too."

drone If You Could See What I See " Unfortunately she didn't talk only about date night, communication, giving each other a compliment a day, making time for "romance" and all the boring stuff the "experts" drone on about."

FRANTIC Magic Bite LOC pg 52 "Evie, what the fuck is happening? Cass' frantic voice popped into my head.

GLOSS Magic Bite LOC pg 94 "I did my best to gloss over that point,"

hazy A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields LOC pg 183 "Esme "It was her first thought in the hazy moment between awake and sleep."

lamb A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields LOC: pg 163 " A blessed mother held a tiny lamb near the alter."

puzzle Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis LOC: pg 28 "He slapped the opened Sudoku puzzle in front of the hot biker."

radiate Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis
LOC pg 16"...but Maddy could picture how it had once looked: new and clean and radiating character and charm."

rain Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis Loc: 187 "Lots of clouds, but now snow or rain."

raspy (rasp) A Lily in the Light by Kristin Fields LOC: pg. 63 "Esme tried again, louder, her voice raspy."

Bonus

breezy One Pink Line by Dina Silver LOC pg: 27 "The sky was black as ink, with the exception of the moon, and the air was breezy but warm."

calculator One Pink Line by Dina Silver LOC pg 81 "Once I fell asleep studying with him late ate night, and woke up next to him shaving with an electric razor as his tiny hair fragment fell into the cracks of my calculator.

lackadaisical Father Found by Judith Arnold LOC: "Someone alarmingly lackadaisical about the woman who had given birth to his child, a woman even more..."

painstaking The Golden Lily LOC pg 21 "A lot of their work involved slow, painstaking experiments-many involving Eddie,Castile, a dhampir who was also undercover at Amberwood."

propaganda The One by Kiera Cass Loc
pg 206 "This is propaganda , I spat, remembering the word from Dad's tattered history book."

and a bonus bonus

holistic Sweet Home by Tillie Cole LOC: pg 17 "Opening your mind to unknown possibilities and learning how other cultures function, what they believe, give people a richer, more holistic understaanding of the human condition."

message 42: by Chris (last edited Jun 04, 2019 05:28PM) (new)

Chris (cdavies1951) | 133 comments May

10/10
1/5
0/1

betray - Skin Deep p 4 - "…her betrayal had hit him with the …"
drone - Breaking Point p. 244 -
"…his voice raised above the drone of the rotors."
frantic - The Winter Rose p. 94 - "…he told the frantic man."
gloss - The Winter Rose p 137 - "..but Freddi had glossed over that unfortunate fact by …"
hazy - The Wild Rose - 376 - "…as if she was floating along on a soft hazy cloud."
lamb - Striking Distance p. 139 - "… pot of what looked like lamb stew."
puzzle - Breaking Point p 113 - "…clearly trying to puzzle something out."
radiate - The Winter Rose - p 624 - "…in 1851 with cell blocks radiating from a central control station
rain - Striking Distance - p. 340 - "…always welcome here, come rain or shine…"
raspy (rasp) Breaking Point - p. 177 - "…to his kiss, the rasp of his chest hair on…"

Bonus

breezy - The Hypnotist's Love Story - p. 206 - "Light and breezy."

calculator
lackadaisical
painstaking
propaganda

and a bonus bonus
holistic

message 43: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19337 comments LaurLa wrote: "my spot - I am NOT feeling optimistic this round. I really think we made Jane mad at some point... We are really really really sorry."

LOL - hoping the first 10 words aren't so bad...

message 44: by Barbara ★ (last edited Jun 05, 2019 06:29PM) (new)

Barbara ★ | 3546 comments May Word Hunt

READ: 13/16

✔betray - Dauntless - Dina Sleiman 5/4
(these three we shall never betray), p19

✔drone - The Singer - Elizabeth Hunter 5/6
(the drone of the whispers), p273

✔frantic - Island 731 - Jeremy Robinson 5/8
(issuing a frantic jangle), p169

✔gloss - The Silence of the Snakes - Ruby Loren 5/3
(pretty difficult to gloss over), p50

✔hazy - Flight Risk - Nicole Helm 5/9
(still hazy with sleep), p142

✔lamb - Ink and Bone - Lisa Unger 5/18
(owner of Gentle As A Lamb), p12

✔puzzle - Queen Cinder - Roy A. Mauritsen 5/3
(why it did not puzzle her more than it did), loc272

✔radiate - The Silence of the Snakes - Ruby Loren 5/3
(the warmth that radiated from him), p38

✔rain - The Silence of the Snakes - Ruby Loren 5/3
(a heavy droplet of rain), p27

✔raspy (rasp) - Dauntless - Dina Sleiman 5/4
(subtle rattle and rasp to Wren's breathing), p212

Bonus
✔breezy - Deceptions - Kelley Armstrong 5/2
(covered it with a breezy grin), p259

calculator -
(), p

lackadaisical -
(), p

painstaking -
(), p

✔propaganda - The Shadow Reader - Sandy Williams 5/25
(you bought the courts propaganda), p116

✔holistic - The Hanging Girl - Jussi Adler-Olsen 5/23
(it was a holistic commune), p376

Deceptions (Cainsville, #3) by Kelley Armstrong The Silence of the Snakes (Madigan Amos Zoo Mystery #2) by Ruby Loren Queen Cinder (Shards of the Glass Slipper, #1) by Roy A. Mauritsen Dauntless (Valiant Hearts, #1) by Dina L. Sleiman The Singer (Irin Chronicles, #2) by Elizabeth Hunter Island 731 by Jeremy Robinson Flight Risk (Antiques in Flight, #1) by Nicole Helm Ink and Bone by Lisa Unger The Hanging Girl (Department Q, #6) by Jussi Adler-Olsen The Shadow Reader (Shadow Reader, #1) by Sandy Williams

message 45: by Larissa (last edited May 02, 2019 10:50AM) (new)

Larissa (rissareadsromance) | 317 comments Monthly Word Hunt
1 - 31 May 2019
0/6-8 words : getting hotter

betray
drone
frantic
gloss
hazy
lamb
puzzle
radiate
rain
raspy (rasp)

Bonus
breezy
calculator
lackadaisical
painstaking
propaganda
holistic

message 46: by Suzanne (last edited May 15, 2019 08:56AM) (new)

Suzanne (esmerelda1) | 2049 comments Romance Readers Reading Challenges
2019 May Word Hunt
Duration:
1 - 31 May 2019

Progress: 10 out of 10

May

Betray:
"I picked out a promising botany book to take with me as I was reluctant to have a lantern light betray my presence in the library." Page 198
Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder - ***** - 5/2/2019 - 361 Pages
Drone: "I was unable to suppress the drone." Page 51
Frantic: "Frantic, I threw the hook again." Page 152
Gloss: "She refused to wear a veil and she kept her makeup subtle, with the emphasis on her eyes and only a tawny gloss at her lips." Page 369
Ain't She Sweet? by Susan Elizabeth Phillips - ***** - 5/3/2019 - 464 Pages

hazy
lamb

Puzzle: "Less than twenty-four hours later, Sugar Beth stood in the doorway of the second-floor lounge at Brookdale and gazed at Delilah bent over a jigsaw puzzle." pp. 316-317

radiate

Rain: "The rain was coming down harder now, and if she hadn’t known where she was going, she might have passed the overgrown drive that lay on the other side of the tall, privacy hedge that formed the eastern boundary of Frenchman’s Bride." Page 5
Raspy (rasp): "'Now, son, let's just get down to it, shall we?' he said in his raspy trucker voice." Page
Supermarket by Bobby Hall - *** - 5/7/2019 - 288 Pages

Bonus

Breezy: "Adrian got a mocha - 'Can you spot me this one time, Sage?' - and maintained his usual breezy conversation style throughout most of the trip."
The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead - *** - 5/15/2019 - 418 Pages

calculator
lackadaisical

Painstaking: "A lot of their work involved slow, painstaking experiments— many involving Eddie Castile, a dhampir who was also undercover at Amberwood."
Propaganda: "The words were all correct, right in line with the Warriors' propaganda."

and a bonus bonus

holistic

Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder Ain't She Sweet? by Susan Elizabeth Phillips Supermarket by Bobby Hall The Golden Lily (Bloodlines, #2) by Richelle Mead

message 47: by Anabell (new)

Anabell | 32 comments Jane (PS) wrote: "Anabell wrote: "I have found the first 3 books with calculator but no one with lackadaisical. I gotta admit English is not my first language and this one I have no idea what it means and pretty sur..."

message 48: by Georgina (new)

Georgina Parkin (geosbookblog) | 249 comments Finished on post #19.

message 49: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 19337 comments Georgina wrote: "Finished on post #19."

Great going Georgina!!

message 50: by Anabell (new)

Anabell | 32 comments Georgina wrote: "Finished on post #19."

WOW! Congrats :-)

« previous 1