Around the Year in 52 Books discussion

2019 Plans > **TJ's ATY 52 Plan**

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanya (last edited Nov 18, 2019 04:46PM) (new)

Tanya E (more_books_yes_please) | 6 comments This is my first time in the ATY Challenge. I'm not sure that I will get it all done this year as I'm starting in April. I'm sure it will be fun trying!

Update: 51 of 52 Books Completed

✔😍1. A book that was nominated for or won an award in a genre you enjoy The Selection by Kiera Cass
✔😒2. A book with one of the 5 W's in the title (Who, What, Where, When, Why) What Matters Most by Luanne Rice
✔😊3. A book where the author’s name contains A, T, and Y Nine Perfect Strangers by Liane Moriarty
✔😍4. A book with a criminal character (i.e. assassin, pirate, thief, robber, scoundrel etc) Glass Houses by Louise Penny

✔😒5. A book by Shakespeare or inspired by Shakespeare The Story of Edgar Sawtelle by David Wroblewski
✔😍6. A book with a dual timeline The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield
✔😊7. 2 books related to the same topic, genre, or theme: Book #1 A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J Maas
✔😍8. 2 books related to the same topic, genre, or theme: Book #2 A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J Maas

✔😊9. A book from one of the top 5 money making genres (romance/erotica, crime/mystery, religious/inspirational, science fiction/fantasy or horror) The Trespasser by Tana French
✔😊10. A book featuring an historical figure I'll Be Gone in the Dark: One Woman's Obsessive Search for the Golden State Killer by Michelle McNamara
✔😊11. A book related to one of the 12 Zodiac Chinese Animals (title, cover, subject) Track of the Cat by Nevada Barr
✔😊12. A book about reading, books or an author/writer Midnight at the Bright Ideas Bookstore by Matthew J Sullivan

✔😍13. A book that is included on a New York Public Library Staff Picks list The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware
✔😊14. A book with a title, subtitle or cover relating to an astronomical term Dark of the Moon by John Sanford
✔😊15. A book by an author from a Mediterranean country or set in a Mediterranean country Behind Closed Doors by B.A. Paris
✔😍16. A book told from multiple perspectives The Lost Castle by Kristy Cambron
✔😊17. A speculative fiction (i.e. fantasy, scifi, horror, dystopia) AngelFall by Susan Ee

✔😊18. A book related to one of the elements on the periodic table of elements The Silver Boat by Luanne Rice
✔😍19. A book by an author who has more than one book on your TBR A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas
✔😒20. A book featuring indigenous people of a country The Orchardist by Amanda Coplin
✔😍21. A book from one of the polarizing or close call votes Stars of Fortune by Nora Roberts

✔😍22. A book with a number in the title or on the cover Year One by Nora Roberts
✔😒23. 4 books inspired by the wedding rhyme: Book #1 Something Old The Witch's Daughter by Paula Brackston
✔😊24. 4 books inspired by the wedding rhyme: Book #2 Something New One for the Money by Janet Evanovich
✔😍25. 4 books inspired by the wedding rhyme: Book #3 Something Borrowed The Dream Daughter by Diane Chamberlain

✔😊26. 4 books inspired by the wedding rhyme: Book #4 Something Blue Islanders by Brandon Enns
✔😍27. A book off of the 1001 books to read before you die list To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
✔😊28. A book related to something cold (i.e. theme, title, author, cover, etc.) Virgin River by Robyn Carr
✔😒29. A book published before 1950 The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
✔😒30. A book featuring an elderly character All the Missing Girls by Megan Miranda

✔😒31. A children’s classic you’ve never read Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
✔😍32. A book with more than 500 pages The Quiet Game by Greg Iles
✔😊33. A book you have owned for at least a year, but have not read yet Split Second by Alex Kava
✔😊34. A book with a person's name in the title Howard Stern Comes Again by Howard Stern

✔😊35. A psychological thriller The Murder House by James Patterson, David Ellis
✔😒36. A book featured on an NPR Best Books of the Year list In pieces by Sally Field
✔😒37. A book set in a school or university The Furies by Katie Lowe
✔😊38. A book not written in traditional novel format (poetry, essay, epistolary, graphic novel, etc) My nest isn't empty, it just has more closet space by Lisa Scottoline

✔😊39. A book with a strong sense of place or where the author brings the location/setting to life The Splendour Falls by Susanna Kearsley
✔😍40. A book you stumbled upon Caraval by Stephanie Garber
✔😍41. A book from the 2018 GR Choice Awards Circe by Madeline Miller
✔😊42. A book with a monster or "monstrous" character The Silent Patient by Alex Michaelides
✔😊43. A book related to STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) [fiction or nonfiction] The Lost Key by Catherine Coulter

✔😍44. A book related in some way to a tv show/series or movie you enjoyed (same topic, same era, book appeared in the show/movie, etc.) The Elite by Kiera Cass
✔😍45. A multi-generational saga The Memory Tree by Linda Gillard
✔😊46. A book with a (mostly) black cover Thr3e by Ted Dekker
✔😊47. A book related to food (i.e. title, cover, plot, etc.) The Sugar Queen by Sarah Addison Allen

✔😒48. A book that was a finalist or winner for the National Book Award for any year The Women of Brewster Place by Gloria Naylor
49. A book written by a Far East Asian author or set in a Far East Asian country The Garden of Evening Mists by Tan Twan Eng
✔😊50. A book that includes a journey (physical, health, or spiritual) Of Blood and Bone by Nora Roberts
✔😍51. A book published in 2019 Under Currents by Nora Roberts
✔😒52. A book with a weird or intriguing title Madness and Magnolias by TF Cravens

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara (phantomswife) | 925 comments 19 out of 52 makes you ahead of me, so no worries. I am reading in order this year, so I won't get ahead of the count, but last year I joined very late and still finished. You are a shoe in!

message 3: by Tanya (new)

Tanya E (more_books_yes_please) | 6 comments Thanks Sara!

message 4: by Tanya (new)

Tanya E (more_books_yes_please) | 6 comments Getting close... within 10 books. Having trouble finding a book from the Mediterranean. I’ll have to keep looking.

message 5: by Laura, Celestial Sphere Mod (new)

Laura | 3823 comments Mod
I love the emoji rating system! May have to steal it :)

message 6: by Tanya (new)

Tanya E (more_books_yes_please) | 6 comments I thought it was kind of fun. Steal away!