Challenge Corner discussion

Wolfhunter River (Stillhouse Lake, #3)
This topic is about Wolfhunter River
Let's Buddy! - Horror/Thriller > Wolfhunter River, by Rachel Caine - Restarting December 20 2019

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Felicia, Head of Team Quarterly & BOTM (new)

Felicia | 14794 comments Mod
She can’t ignore a cry for help. But in this remote hunting town, it’s open season.

Gwen Proctor escaped her serial-killer husband and saved her family. What she can’t seem to outrun is his notoriety. Or the sick internet vigilantes still seeking to avenge his crimes. For Gwen, hiding isn’t an option. Not when her only mission is to create a normal life for her kids.

But now, a threatened woman has reached out. Marlene Crockett, from the remote town of Wolfhunter, is panicked for herself and her daughter. When Gwen arrives in the small, isolated rural community, Marlene is already dead—her own daughter blamed for the murder. Except that’s not the person Marlene feared at all. And Gwen isn’t leaving until she finds out who that was.

But it may already be too late. A trap has been set. And it’s poised to snap shut on everyone Gwen loves. Her stalkers are closing in. And in a town as dark as Wolfhunter, it’s so easy for them to hide…

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments I'm so excited to get back to this series. It's so good, right?

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments Trisha, are you ready? The Book has 19 chapters plus the epilogue, so shall we post after every 5 chapters? That would be four posts at least. I’ll be starting later today after Scott goes to work so around 3:00 PST.

Trisha | 2908 comments YES! That sounds great! Just cleaning the house and finishing up another book and then I'll start :) I can't wait!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments I know! I loved the first 2 books, so here's hoping!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments 5 Chapters

I’d forgotten what an SOB Melvin was!

Lost Angels (view spoiler)

Winston Frost (view spoiler)

Lanny (view spoiler)

Gwen (view spoiler)

Dahlia (view spoiler)

message 7: by Vicki (last edited Apr 23, 2019 10:57PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments 10 Chapters

Wow! I have been sitting on the edge of my seat reading these chapters.

Marlene (view spoiler)

Vera (view spoiler)

Sam (view spoiler)

And the plot thickens!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments 15 Chapters

Oh my gosh! I wanted to badly to finish this one last night but I fell asleep. I was reading along with audio and I was in chapter 13 but when I woke up I was at 98% so I found out who (in part) was the bad person. But I shut it off really fast because I didn't want to know more and I wanted to know how it came together anyway. ugh...the problem is I stayed up until 4:00 night before last, so last night I fell asleep around 1:00 (maybe 2:00?) and woke up at 4:00. My sleep habits are horrible!

Only through chapter 15

Sam (view spoiler)

I was surprised that Gwen (view spoiler)

I don't know who to trust! Everyone I meet who's new or even some of the characters we've already known, I suspect. LOL So I can't even imagine how Gwen must feel!

The most intense scene, or one of the most, was (view spoiler)

Vee (view spoiler)

I wasn't expecting (view spoiler)

OMG Chapter 15! (view spoiler) What an ending!

I was wondering if they'd ever get back to (view spoiler)

I'm off to lunch and the mall with one of my granddaughters, so I'll finish this one later but darn! This is so good!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments Finished

I've really enjoyed this series and it helps that we've gone through it together. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it.

Mrs. Pall (view spoiler)

Sparks (view spoiler)

Sam (view spoiler)

Connor (view spoiler)

Ellie (view spoiler)

Miranda (view spoiler)

Trisha | 2908 comments Yikes! Sorry I'm so late to the party!! LOL

I got stuck on that really horrible Clarity book and...ugh, it took me 2 days to finish 160 pages?!?! lol

so glad I'm finally starting this one although...it's almost midnight here. I'll post updates tomorrow! I LOVE to see that you gave it a high rating though!! WOOHOO!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments Oh no! TWO days for 160 pages at the rate you read? Poor thing! Did it end up being a 1-star for you?

I've been late so many times so no worries! I really hope that you love it too, and I can't imagine that you won't; however, I did see some reviews where others said it wasn't the best in the series and gave it a 3. For me, it was really good!

Trisha | 2908 comments Vicki wrote: "5 Chapters

Yay! I"m Finally posting!!

Lost Angels (view spoiler)

Winston Frost (view spoiler)

Lanny (view spoiler)

Gwen (view spoiler)

Sam(view spoiler)

Dahlia (view spoiler)

really good beginning!!

Vicki (goodreadscomboobooper49) | 3300 comments I'm glad you are enjoyed it, Trisha! I knew you'd probably go with 4 stars. LOL

message 14: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new)

Aly (alyp_01) | 18893 comments Mod
************RESTARTING DECEMBER 20TH 2019**********

message 15: by ❀ Crystal ✿ - (last edited Dec 18, 2019 08:55AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3125 comments Ch. 1-6
(view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3125 comments 7-14
(view spoiler)

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3125 comments 15-19
(view spoiler)

message 18: by ❀ Crystal ✿ - (last edited Dec 18, 2019 09:15PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

❀ Crystal ✿ -  PEACE ☮ LOVE ♥ BOOKS  (crystaldc18) | 3125 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

message 19: by Jennifer, Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jennifer | 3006 comments Mod
Hoping to start shortly!