Black Coffee discussion

The Fifth Season (The Broken Earth, #1)
This topic is about The Fifth Season
Archive BBR > Bernie and Ev: BBR Thread Fifth Season

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by kisha, The Clean Up Lady (new)

kisha | 3902 comments Mod
This thread is for Bernie and Ev BBR discussion.

message 2: by BernieMck (last edited Apr 19, 2019 10:53PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

BernieMck | 1770 comments I just finished reading the first 3 chapters, and I am hooked. I found myself rereading the prologue, even though, I was warned not to. After the reread, I was still confused. It looks like we wont understand the beginning, until we've finished the ending. I am looking forward to learning more about the orogenes, and the reason mobs feel that they have the right to kill them.

message 3: by Lee (new) - added it

Lee | 708 comments Ohhh. I have this book. 👀🤣

BernieMck | 1770 comments Cool, are you reading ?

BernieMck | 1770 comments I am in Chapter 12 and I love how we are following characters, who are at different stages of an Oregenes life. What a clever way to get to know their lifestyle.

message 6: by Lee (new) - added it

Lee | 708 comments Hi. I too had to reread the prologue. Lol.

BernieMck | 1770 comments The prologue is confusing. You will not understand it until much later. Someone who finished the book warned me not to reread. I did anyway. What a waste of time.

BernieMck | 1770 comments We are introduced to characters with really interesting storey lines. Right now, I am really interested in learning more about Hoa’s background. I am anxious to know, what he is. He is clearly, not like any human’s, I have ever met.

BernieMck | 1770 comments I just found out the relationship between Damaya and Syenite. Suprise, suprise !

message 10: by Lee (new) - added it

Lee | 708 comments I’m on Chapter 8. I’m not feeling this book. Lol

BernieMck | 1770 comments Really, I like it. I think I am going to read the next book in the series. I am up to chapter 19. Be encouraged, don’t give up !

message 12: by Lee (new) - added it

Lee | 708 comments It has just gotten better. Lol. Syenite and Alabaster are traveling together.

BernieMck | 1770 comments Yeah !!!!

message 14: by Lee (new) - added it

Lee | 708 comments Ch 17 in good. Lol

BernieMck | 1770 comments Love your progress

BernieMck | 1770 comments I am up to chapter 22. I know that there is some connection between Essun and Alabaster. I can’t wait to find out what it is.

BernieMck | 1770 comments Essun said she died to get away from the Fulcrum. What does that mean ? I wonder if there was another name change ?

BernieMck | 1770 comments I just finished the book. Although some parts are confusing, this book is good. At some point, I will read book 2.