Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

ARCHIVES: CHALLENGES > Pick Me A Winner: May 2019

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited May 17, 2019 10:37PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments Duration: May 1-31

Partners will be picked on the same day!

Guidelines for this challenge:
* Create a "shelf" for your partner to choose from before the challenge begins
* You choose 3 books from your partners shelf for your partner to read
* Your partner picks three from your shelf for you to read
*After you read your book come back and post to let your partner know when you are done and what you thought of the book (no pressure, it can be just one sentence)

**** The challenge is to read one book from your shelf that your partner chose. You do not have to read all three! (It's just to give a choice) ****

Please sign up below and post a link to your shelf for your partner to choose from!

message 2: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Apr 30, 2019 03:05PM) (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments Participants:

Sarah
Cynthia
Carrie
Jessica
Dezra
Catia
Tina
Sophie
Renee's Remarkable
Hannah

message 3: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (last edited Apr 30, 2019 03:08PM) (new)

message 12: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments Partners have been picked! See post #3.

message 13: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 6037 comments My partner is Tina and for her I pick:

1. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer because it's one of my favorite series.
2. Bruiser by Neal Shusterman because I've enjoyed a lot of other books by Neal Shusterman
3. Fire & Heist by Sarah Beth Durst because it's one of the shortest books on your list and has a higher average rating.

message 14: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 194 comments My partner is Catia and I am choosing:

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid because I enjoyed it.

The Heartbreakers (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #1) by Ali Novak because it sounds cute.

Stuck on You by Patricia Mar because I like the cover.

message 15: by Jessica (last edited Apr 30, 2019 07:27PM) (new)

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 556 comments My partner is Dezra and for you I pick:
Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1) by Neal Shusterman because I really liked it,
This Savage Song (Monsters of Verity, #1) by Victoria Schwab because this is on my to read list as well, and
Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins because it's been on your list awhile.

Hope there's a winner!

message 16: by Sophie (new)

Sophie | 487 comments My partner is Carrie and I pick:
The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski

The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson

The Winter Sea (Slains, #1) by Susanna Kearsley

message 17: by Dezra (new)

Dezra Bennett (dezra_bennett) | 652 comments My partner is Jessica and for you I choose:
1. Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid because I read this and was on the side of people who absolutely loved it.

2. Baby Teeth by Zoje Stage because this is a literal mind whirl and keeps you hooked, in my opinion.

3. The Collectors (The Collectors, #1) by Jacqueline West becauss this seems like an interesting read.

Fingers crossed that there's a winner in there. Happy reading!

message 18: by Catia (last edited May 01, 2019 06:15AM) (new)

Catia (kookay) | 26 comments My Partner is Sarah and I chose for her this:
Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas
Miracles by C.S. Lewis
A Voyage Long and Strange Rediscovering the New World by Tony Horwitz

Those are books I never read so I have no idea if you will like it. Enjoy :)

message 19: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Sophie wrote: "My partner is Carrie and I pick:
The Winner's Curse (The Winner's Trilogy, #1) by Marie Rutkoski

The Well of Ascension (Mistborn, #2) by Brandon Sanderson

The Winter Sea (Slains, #1) by Susanna Kearsley"

Thank you!

message 20: by Carrie (new)

Carrie  (icanhasbooks) | 155 comments Sophie, for you:

Anne of Green Gables (Anne of Green Gables, #1) by L.M. Montgomery One of my all time favorite fictional characters.

Red Rising (Red Rising, #1) by Pierce Brown this was a amazing.

Dark Matter by Blake Crouch this stayed with me for a long time.

Happy Reading

message 21: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments My partner is Renee's Remarkable and I pick:

1.) Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians, #1) by Kevin Kwan because this book is popular.

2.) The Enchantress Returns (The Land of Stories, #2) by Chris Colfer because it was an enjoyable book.

3.) The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air #1) by Holly Black because Holly Black usually writes good books.

message 22: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinatome) | 44 comments Cynthia wrote: "My partner is Tina and for her I pick:

1. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer because it's one of my favorite series.
2. Bruiser by Neal Shusterman because I've enjoyed a lot of other books by Neal Shust..."

I think I'll go with Cinder. I've wanted to start the series for a good while now. I'll pick your books asap :).

message 23: by Tina (new)

Tina (tinatome) | 44 comments My partner is Cynthia, and I have chosen:
Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Because I loved it (and most people seem to agree)
The Hazel Wood (The Hazel Wood, #1) by Melissa Albert Because it's one of the best books I read last year (but it's not for everyone)
and
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling Because, well, Harry Potter (you NEED to finish the series)

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 194 comments I finally read Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas and gave it 5 stars.

message 25: by Catia (new)

Catia (kookay) | 26 comments Sarah wrote: "I finally read Tower of Dawn (Throne of Glass, #6) by Sarah J. Maas and gave it 5 stars."

I´m hapy you liked it :) I have the throne of Glass in my tbr but i don´t like series very much, so it´s going to be difficult to start. I chose thar one for you because I thought you needed a litle push to restart to read that book series...

message 26: by Catia (last edited May 14, 2019 02:24AM) (new)

Catia (kookay) | 26 comments Sarah I chose to read The Heartbreakers (The Heartbreakers Chronicles, #1) by Ali Novak and it was a sweet story. I gave it 3.5*

message 27: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments I read Broken Scars (Savage Saviors MC, #3) by J.C. Allen and give it a 2.

message 28: by Tina (last edited May 16, 2019 01:08PM) (new)

Tina (tinatome) | 44 comments I read Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer and give it 3.5 stars. I'll definitely finish the series

message 29: by Dezra (new)

Dezra Bennett (dezra_bennett) | 652 comments I read Hex Hall (Hex Hall, #1) by Rachel Hawkins and gave it ☆☆☆☆☆.

message 30: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jvblazejak) | 556 comments I finished Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid and loved it! ★★★★★

message 31: by Cynthia (new)

Cynthia | 6037 comments I'm halfway through Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (Harry Potter, #3) by J.K. Rowling and loving it so far. Definitely won't have it finished for another couple weeks but I think it's going to be a 5 star rating.

message 32: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆, The Book Junkie (new)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 7233 comments I also read Borrowing a Billionaire A Sweet Small-Town Romance (Borrowing Amor Book 4) by Kat Bellemore (3 stars) and Mr. May (Calendar Boys #5) by Nicole S. Goodin (4 stars).