Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1)
This topic is about Strange the Dreamer
BUDDY READS: ARCHIVED > Strange the dreamer by Laini Taylor → Start Date: May 1st, 2019

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Kikijanika | 2977 comments Hi, please join me and SpiderQueen as we read this book☺

message 2: by SpiderQueen (new) - added it

SpiderQueen (ReadingwithAshlee) | 38 comments Kikijanika wrote: "Hi, please join me and SpiderQueen as we read this book☺"

Thank you for making the post! I'm sorry I'm late to respond. I had a family member pass away the other day and I've been absent from my computer/social media for a while.

Kikijanika | 2977 comments I'm so sorry to hear that! Don't worry, just take your time!

message 4: by SpiderQueen (new) - added it

SpiderQueen (ReadingwithAshlee) | 38 comments Kikijanika wrote: "I'm so sorry to hear that! Don't worry, just take your time!"

Thank you. I'll still be able to do the buddy read next month :) I've got 2 books I'm going to try and read before then to get my "April Wrap Up" count up a little higher lol.

Kikijanika | 2977 comments Yeah, I'm also trying to finish two books before starting this one ☺

message 6: by SpiderQueen (last edited Apr 25, 2019 11:18AM) (new) - added it

SpiderQueen (ReadingwithAshlee) | 38 comments I created an event in a YA group I'm in to try and attract more readers to join us.

On May 4th for whoever is finished with the book, I will be hosting a book discussion on my blog!

Buddy Read Event on Facebok Group https://www.facebook.com/events/12405...

The Discussion on May 4th will take place at https://booksteaanddogs.blogspot.com/

Kikijanika | 2977 comments That's awesome! Hopefully people will notice and join in the discussion!

message 8: by SpiderQueen (new) - added it

SpiderQueen (ReadingwithAshlee) | 38 comments Kikijanika wrote: "That's awesome! Hopefully people will notice and join in the discussion!"

I hope so :) It's a super new blog, I made it in conjunction with my "Bookstagram" account. I've never been a big blogger but someday I'd like to work my way up to having a booktube :D I think it would be fun to host a book discussion following a buddy read.

Kikijanika | 2977 comments I've never had a boog blog either...or booktube or bookstagram for that matter. I sotimes think it would be fun but knowing how lazy I am to even write reviews on goodreads I probably wouldn't post very actively 😁 but I love buddy reads and joining in book doscussions and following other people's accounts/channels! I hope you'll get your booktube one day!

message 10: by SpiderQueen (new) - added it

SpiderQueen (ReadingwithAshlee) | 38 comments Kikijanika wrote: "I've never had a boog blog either...or booktube or bookstagram for that matter. I sotimes think it would be fun but knowing how lazy I am to even write reviews on goodreads I probably wouldn't post..."

It's fun! I didn't know how I would do keeping up with it. I'm more active on the instagram/bookstagram than I am the blog but, I'm trying to use my blog for reviews and discussions.

message 11: by SpiderQueen (new) - added it

SpiderQueen (ReadingwithAshlee) | 38 comments I started last night! I start my new job tonight on night shift as a nurse aide so I wanted to get a bit of a head start :)

Kikijanika | 2977 comments Ooh..congratulation for your job. Hope you'll like it! I'm actually a nurse myself 😁 I'll start tomorrow after work.

message 13: by Kikijanika (last edited May 02, 2019 04:10PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kikijanika | 2977 comments I've read part 1 and I must say I'm already completely drawn into the story and the mystery of Weep. (view spoiler)

message 14: by SpiderQueen (new) - added it

SpiderQueen (ReadingwithAshlee) | 38 comments Kikijanika wrote: "I've read part 1 and I must say I'm already completely drawn into the story and the mystery of Weep. [spoilers removed]"

I put it down :( I finished part 1 and I just cannot get into it. I may come back to it later and try again sometime.

Kikijanika | 2977 comments Sure! Hope you find something better to read next ☺ Not all books are for everyone or the time just might be wrong!