Anyone Else? discussion

Discussions > Hunger Games Fans

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

ElsaMakotoRenge (mantaicysnowflake) | 164 comments First one. I like Catching Fire also but I don’t like Mockingjay.😛

message 2: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) I don't know!!!!! I'm probably like Emily, though. #1 Catching Fire, #2 The Hunger Games, and #3 The Mockingjay.

message 3: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Which you-know-who? The first one or the second one? But, I know what you're talking about.

message 4: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Yeah, I do.

Erin O'Connor {If The Review Fits} | 512 comments I haven't read the last one. But I watched all the movies. 😊

message 6: by Afifa (new)

Afifa Afreen | 54 comments The only thing that got me through the final two movies was that I kept reiterating to myself, "it's about Katniss' struggle and trauma, don't focus on who dies (because i know who does) but focus on how these deaths affect Katniss' psyche."

I did that because when I read the last book of trilogy, I read it as political text, and I related to it because I come from a place where rebellion against government is part of life. I knew the realistic portrayal of "freedom struggle" won't be "entertaining" when presented on screen. So, I used the movie as a channel to understand Katniss' mental health.

Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk 😂

message 7: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Oh, I still love all of the movies.

message 8: by Afifa (new)

Afifa Afreen | 54 comments Yes. All of them are great. While first two are driven by plot action and conflict, last one is mostly character driven 💕

Erin O'Connor {If The Review Fits} | 512 comments I really really liked all the characters and how well they all developed. Peeta and Finnick are two of my faves....❤

message 10: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Peeta and Prim might be my two favorites, but I love all of them!!

message 11: by Afifa (new)

Afifa Afreen | 54 comments I like Peeta, Prim and Haymitch

message 12: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Oh, Haymitch! How could I forget!? I do love him.

message 13: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Yes, they are!

message 14: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Of course it was. Lol

message 15: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) I know, I know. Lol

Erin O'Connor {If The Review Fits} | 512 comments Lol, it was pretty sweet. I loved the epilogue part where Katniss and Peeta had two kids...❤❤❤❤

Erin O'Connor {If The Review Fits} | 512 comments It was a perfect ending.

message 18: by Afifa (new)

Afifa Afreen | 54 comments And the funny yet beautiful thing was that Haymitch-Effie thing happened at thr spur of the moment while shooting the movie... I'd read or watched somewhere that Woody Harrelson (Haymitch) kissed Elizabeth Banks (Effie) at the end just to add more nuance to the scene. It was into-the-character acting at its best!

message 19: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Oh, I didn't know that! That's really cool!

message 20: by Harper Nicole (new)

Harper Nicole (harpernicole) Same.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Mokingjay is my favorite, then Catching fire, then Hunger Games.

message 22: by Afifa (new)

Afifa Afreen | 54 comments Catching fire is number 1 for me, Mockingjay is at 2, then Hunger Games at 3