Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Available to Beta read

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments I am available to read anything except historical or YA. My turn around is 2 weeks. If you want me to read your book, please comment below or send me a PM.

message 2: by I.W.J. (new)

I.W.J. Keller | 8 comments Hello Jennifer,

Would you be at all interested in beta reading the novel I posted about here?

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Thank you for your time.

message 3: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments I would to read it if Google is fine. I am not allow on the wattpad site. Please PM me

message 4: by Christopher (new)

Christopher Keast (christopher_keast) | 18 comments Hi Jennifer,

Would you be interested in beta reading my 90K-word sci-fi dystopia novel?

A little about my story:
In the not-so distant future, as the digital world’s freight-train steam rolls right into its inevitable threshold of physical data storage limits, strange things begin to happen. At the same time, Kicis and Anna are each at a philosophical crossroads of sorts. For Kicis, his knowledge of history cannot yet help him decipher what the future holds regarding the limits of humans’ Earthly data aggregation and smartphone obsessions – including his own. For Anna, it’s what to do next with her life after a major career change from law to photography, followed by a provocating breakup with her former lover. The two of them collide into one another under most inauspicious circumstances: the world’s most reveled structural human artifacts begin mysteriously disappearing. As the rest of the world tries to find the meaning and reasons behind it, the two of them become transfixed on this new problem, trying to solve the final riddle plaguing humanity. Despite world leaders outlawing such detective work, someone needs to figure it out, as global worries peak. Has a tipping point been reached within the bounds of Earth’s physical constraints? Or is it simply the beginning of the Datapocalypse?

Please let me know if this is of interest. I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

message 5: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments Hi Chris,
I would love to read your book. Please PM me

message 6: by Karen (new)

Karen A. Wyle (kawyle) | 23 comments HI, Jennifer!

Looking ahead to later this year, would you be interested in beta reading a near-future SF novel involving artificial womb technology? I'm hoping to have it ready for beta readers by September (after the Western historical romance I'm working on now).

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Hello, Jennifer.

Would you be interested in beta reading my book? It's an NA Urban Fantasy novel that revolves around a young adult named Tyler. Here's the blurb to it.

"Directionless. Lost. Tyler is like many other people at the great crossroads of life. Except of course, for the fact that he has Mana flowing through his body.

He doesn’t know this, however, not until he encounters Stephen. A man who is from a mystical race of Magi that have been long forgotten to the sands of time. They are a powerful race, wielding elemental powers that could be akin to that of gods.

Stephen teaches Tyler that he is a crossbreed. The offspring of a Magi and a Human. Blessed with the magical powers of the Magi and the intelligence of a human. Making him the perfect candidate to serve as one of many ambassadors to help bring the Magi back into the world of humans without another war breaking out.

Thus, he has the purpose he has been looking for. One which can affect the world on a global scale.

But when disaster strikes and someone close to Tyler is killed, he must flee the country for just a chance at survival."

If you'd be interested in reading, you can message me on here or email me at: Jakeagronow@gmail.com

Thanks for taking the time to check this out!

message 8: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments Karen wrote: "HI, Jennifer!

Looking ahead to later this year, would you be interested in beta reading a near-future SF novel involving artificial womb technology? I'm hoping to have it ready for beta readers by..."

I would love to help you. Please Pm as soon as you can to tell let me know.

message 9: by Jennifer (last edited Apr 20, 2019 08:52AM) (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments Jake wrote: "Hello, Jennifer.

Would you be interested in beta reading my book? It's an NA Urban Fantasy novel that revolves around a young adult named Tyler. Here's the blurb to it.

"Directionless. Lost. Tyle..."

I am interested reading your book. I send you a email at 8:51.

message 10: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments Chris wrote: "Hi Jennifer,

Would you be interested in beta reading my 90K-word sci-fi dystopia novel?

A little about my story:
In the not-so distant future, as the digital world’s freight-train steam rolls ri..."

Hi Chris,
I would love to read your book. Please PM me

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments I.W.J. wrote: "Hello Jennifer,

Would you be at all interested in beta reading the novel I posted about here?

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

Thank y..."

I would to read it if Google is fine. I am not allow on the wattpad site. Please PM me

message 12: by Kat (new)

Kat Devitt (kat_devitt_author) | 101 comments Hello!

I'm looking for beta readers with a love for fairy tales. This one, called "A Most Charming Couple," is a fairy tale but with a feminist take. Think of Prince Charming doing all he can for his lady love, but what happens when he leaves her?

If you would like to beta read, please contact me at katdevittauthor@gmail.com.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best,
Kat Devitt

message 13: by Karen (new)

Karen A. Wyle (kawyle) | 23 comments Dear Jennifer --

Please let me know whether you received my PM. Thanks!

Jennifer wrote: "Karen wrote: "HI, Jennifer!

Looking ahead to later this year, would you be interested in beta reading a near-future SF novel involving artificial womb technology? I'm hoping to have it ready for b..."

message 14: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments Kat wrote: "Hello!

I'm looking for beta readers with a love for fairy tales. This one, called "A Most Charming Couple," is a fairy tale but with a feminist take. Think of Prince Charming doing all he can for ..."

I sent you a email at 9:24.

message 15: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments Karen wrote: "Dear Jennifer --

Please let me know whether you received my PM. Thanks!

Jennifer wrote: "Karen wrote: "HI, Jennifer!

Looking ahead to later this year, would you be interested in beta reading a n..."

I did not get your PM. I will Pm you, to see if it works.

message 16: by Lynn (new)

Lynn Lawler | 12 comments Hello Jennifer,

I have an lgbtq fantasy story that takes place in a remote area. It has paranormal and a mystery aspect to it. There is plenty of romance. I am looking for critique for the first 8 chapters and then a regular beta read for the rest. The word count is under 130k. If you are interested please let me know.

Lynn

message 17: by Audresonmichael (new)

Audresonmichael | 4 comments Hi Jennifer, Would you read the 1st 3 chapters of Somebody Walked Over My Grave? It is a supernatural adventure about an out-of-body experience which goes wrong; in 80,000 words, 60 chapters of between 1300 and 1400 words each. If you like the opening, I'd be grateful if you read the rest. Many thanks Michael

message 18: by Michael (last edited May 15, 2019 04:42PM) (new)

Michael Kelly (mkelly53) | 7 comments Hi Jennifer, I have written two coming of age prequels, Chosen One and Sodalitas that will be free giveaways showing the early lives of the main characters in my novel Last Deadly Hour, a conspiracy thriller. Both prequels and the Novel are completed and Chosen One is ready for Beta Readers. I'm still doing proofreading on Sodalitas and Last Deadly Hour. I am posting the blurb for Last Deadly Hour so you can see what the prequels lead to.

Last Deadly Hour Blurb
Okabu, a former member of an African tribe and currently an Oxford trained criminologist suffers from a bout of amnesia, which brings him into conflict with Sodalitas, a 2000-year-old secret society, born out of the ashes of Rome’s great fire and Emperor Nero’s Praetorian Guard. Sodalitas’ existence is based on the destruction of Christianity and the eradication of God, Jesus Christ, and the Bible from human thought .

While investigating the circumstances behind his amnesia, he uncovers a plot by Sodalitas to steal controversial and cutting edge technology that can record the last 24 hours of a person's visual memory, which is about to be used on a 2000 year old frozen mummy found in a glacier in Turkey. The mummy is believed to be one of the thieves crucified with Jesus Christ.

Chosen One, is ready for beta reading.
Blurb: Under cover of darkness on the eve of the birth of the Chosen One, an ancient tribal artifact goes missing. Nanaku, the Chosen one’s father and leader of a secluded tribe buried deep in the Congo learns of his brother’s treachery and his plan to sell the artifact. An ancient promise kept the artifact protected for millennium. With the birth of Okabu, it is time for it to be returned to its rightful owners.

As Okabu learns of his destiny, he works to prove himself worthy. As a young man, he encounters members of an ancient secret society whose mission is to destroy or steal all artifacts that can be linked to proving the existence of God. He escapes their grip believing he will confront them in battle again.

Chosen one is 17k words. I can break it up and send 3 chapters at a time or the whole book.

If you're interested, please let me know how you want it sent to you. My email is mkellyauthor@gmail.com

Thanks, Jennifer

message 19: by Michael (new)

Michael Kelly (mkelly53) | 7 comments Oops...to make it easier, here is my email address: mkellyauthor@gmail.com

Thanks, again.

message 20: by PaulBentham (new)

PaulBentham | 25 comments Hi Jennifer ,
do you have any free time at the moment?Are you interested in sci-fi flash fiction.

Xiaon G12:Core Element.
A maverick alien bounty is sent to an uncharted planet to locate a rogue fellow agent,and is teamed up with a by the book local cop,and is fronted with a terrorist hell bent on the planets destruction.
Let me know if you are interested,all the best Paul

message 21: by Jennifer (last edited May 17, 2019 09:46AM) (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments Lynn wrote: "Hello Jennifer,

I have an lgbtq fantasy story that takes place in a remote area. It has paranormal and a mystery aspect to it. There is plenty of romance. I am looking for critique for the first 8..."

I sorry it took me so long comment back. If you are still need a beta reader.I message you.

message 22: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments Audresonmichael wrote: "Hi Jennifer, Would you read the 1st 3 chapters of Somebody Walked Over My Grave? It is a supernatural adventure about an out-of-body experience which goes wrong; in 80,000 words, 60 chapters of bet..."

I massage you

message 23: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments Sara wrote: "I have a fantasy novel "The Captive Princess" almost 60K. PM me so I can give more details if you wish."

I message you

message 24: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments Michael wrote: "Hi Jennifer, I have written two coming of age prequels, Chosen One and Sodalitas that will be free giveaways showing the early lives of the main characters in my novel Last Deadly Hour, a conspirac..."

I email you.

message 25: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Bourgeois (jennykatharina) | 237 comments PaulBentham wrote: "Hi Jennifer ,
do you have any free time at the moment?Are you interested in sci-fi flash fiction.

Xiaon G12:Core Element.
A maverick alien bounty is sent to an uncharted planet to locate a rogue f..."

I sent you a message.