Talk Green to Me Book Club discussion

May 2019 Book Selection

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 61 comments Mod
Hi all! I know most of our books have leaned toward sustainability as a topic. However, with the Green New Deal making the news regularly I thought we might want to explore some of the broader topics that we've not touched on yet. We've already had books on climate change and infrastructure (just a little bit on that one) but we've not looked at some of the social justice related areas. For May, I'd like us to read Stolen Harvest by Vandana Shiva - this might be a bit harder to get your hands on because I don't think the library has it. However, I think it would be a good addition to what some of us have already read and social/environmental justice factors into the Green New Deal. I'd like to read a book specifically on the Green New Deal but it looks like we're going to have to wait a bit because they're not out yet!

message 2: by Bethany (new)

Bethany Morrison | 18 comments Sounds great! I'll plan to be there Thurs 5/23.

message 3: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 61 comments Mod
Bethany wrote: "Sounds great! I'll plan to be there Thurs 5/23."
Yeah! It's such a small book too. I'm pretty sure I can finish it. :-)

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Rothrock | 11 comments What's the book for June?

message 5: by Jamie (new)

Jamie | 61 comments Mod
Melissa wrote: "What's the book for June?" I'm going to go with Field Notes from a Catastrophe for July - we're on an every other month rotation now. I think the book is going to be heavily climate change but there's some other parts to it. There's also at least one copy in the APL system. If you have an recommendations for other books, please let me know. I'm waiting for more on the New Green Deal but would love to find some books that discuss aspects of it, even if it's not directly on the GND.