What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > Looking for YA Horror Anthology read in the mid 2000's

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rob (new)

Rob Stables | 1 comments So I've been trying to no avail to find this YA horror anthology (or two since it may have been spread into a couple different volumes) that I read extensively in my teens (2005-2007 if my memory serves). Some of the stories included were as follows:

A young boy's dog dies and he buries it in the family garden which sprouts a massive pumpkin. From the fruit the dog and all deceased family pets suddenly erupt one night, much to the boy's glee.

Told from the pov of a journal, a young woman's younger sister is given a dollhouse to play with that contains extremely detailed dolls and furniture. The little sister begins to exhibit strange behavior and the protagonist begins to think that her sister is turning into a doll herself.

A teenage boy's parents are getting divorced and so he shuts down, going "numb", causing his body parts to simply fall off without pain or blood.

A teenager is convinced by boys his age to look for an animal that has been killing nearby livestock. He goes into the woods and is chased by what turns out to be the boys, who are in turn killed by the actual animal.

A teenager is wracked with guilt over the death of his best friend who drowned when they were canoeing on a lake and is deathly afraid of water as a result. The dead friend visits in dreams and hallucinations.

A young boy visits his grandfather who tells him that he mustn't sleep for 3 days or a ghostly groundskeeper wronged by the town will kidnap and eat him.

A young woman's roommate goes out on a date, leaving the protagonist sick in bed with only her dog for company. After hearing a brief altercation, the dog comes upstairs and lies under the protagonists bed. She reaches her hand down and the dog licks it before going to sleep. The woman wakes to hear scratching at her bedroom door. She eventually opens it to find her roommate gravely injured. Going downstairs, she finds her dog, also injured behind a couch. Police arrive shortly after in pursuit of an escaped convict who is revealed to have been under the bed the whole time.

There are more from this book/series that I don't fully remember but if anyone has any clues I'd be eternally grateful!

message 2: by Kate (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Rob ~~
You've given some great details. Surely someone will recognize your book if you keep this thread current.
You can "bump" your thread every month or so. This pushes your thread back to the top of the folder instead of languishing here on page 213 from seven months ago where fewer eyes will see it. Get back in the game! Bump!
You can do this by typing a new comment at the end of the thread, or even by typing the word "bump."
Good luck!