2022 SQHS Your Literate Life - BOOK REVIEWS ONLY discussion

An Abundance of Katherines
This topic is about An Abundance of Katherines
An Abundance of Katherines, John Green

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ainara (last edited Apr 18, 2019 10:41AM) (new)

Ainara | 13 comments An Abundance of Katherines, John Green

Reviewed by Ainara Ortiz

Colin Singleton is a teenage prodigy who has tried all is life to mean something because he doesn’t feel he is doing enough, he fears he will get old without doing something important for the human race and be membered, his only friend Hassan Harbish is the calmest and funniest person he isn’t worrying about his future an living he has helped Colin to be cooler and interesting and has also been through almost all his breakups with girls that curiously are all name Katherine, Colin has dated nineteen Katherines through all his life at the end of their senior year they decide to go on a road trip so Colin can get over Katherine nineteen and throughout the story they do life adventures, find new friends, love people, and live life at its fullest.

I have always liked John Green books and this is a good one, he shows love in a different perspective which makes it interesting to read because the story gives some intriguing facts about life and the meaning of being yourself and living life how it is, being thankful for the things and persons around you, I like how the love story is funny and it includes math and graphs which makes you think that maybe anything even love can be predictable, the fact that the stories goes by a theorem makes it worth reading because it gives another sense to the story.

message 2: by Bella (last edited Apr 25, 2019 01:03PM) (new)

Bella | 12 comments I usually don't read romance novels but, I think this book sounds sort of cool. The plot point of all of his girlfriends having the same name is very interesting. I might have to read this book to find out why they all have the same name.

message 3: by Tessa (new)

Tessa Belsher | 10 comments I too love John Green. What was your favorite part about this book?

message 4: by Lara (new)

Lara Montoya (lariitaa_mg) | 14 comments The fact that all his ex girlfriend have the same name makes it interesting. I also would like to know in what perspective does the book show love?

message 5: by Abigail (new) - added it

Abigail Mestre | 10 comments I loved this book too! What you said about how he shows love in a different perspective is so accurate. I loved the way this book was written that was so different from anything I have read. Also what you said about how the story follows Colins theorem is so accurate also!

message 6: by Ainara (new)

Ainara | 13 comments Tessa wrote: "I too love John Green. What was your favorite part about this book?"
I really liked how the story ended and how Colin was a totally different and amazing guy.

message 7: by Ainara (new)

Ainara | 13 comments Lara wrote: "The fact that all his ex girlfriend have the same name makes it interesting. I also would like to know in what perspective does the book show love?"
The book shows love when Colin starts to notice other kind of love not only loving Katherine's but also loving himself, his friends and a different girl that changes everything

message 8: by Ainara (new)

Ainara | 13 comments Abigail wrote: "I loved this book too! What you said about how he shows love in a different perspective is so accurate. I loved the way this book was written that was so different from anything I have read. Also w..."
yes! I know its crazy how the theorem is so accurate and how math can predict weird things.

message 9: by Iris (new)

Iris | 11 comments I love romance novels!! and this one makes me wanna read it right now! they way you write the summary helps me to understand more the story. ;)