2020 SQHS Your Literate Life - BOOK REVIEWS ONLY discussion

Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
This topic is about Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Iris (last edited Apr 18, 2019 10:38AM) (new)

Iris | 11 comments Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan
Review by Iris Ardon

Nick is a boy that composes music and most of the songs are for his girlfriend, one night his friend will sing the song that he composed, but his girlfriend wants to be with him, but he didn’t, so he just went to help the band like always and his girlfriend came to the party, but with a new guy and he was stress, but it was like he already knew that she will bring another boy, so he didn’t want that her to know where he was, so he try to avoid her and after and hour or 2, his girlfriend was siting, eating and smiling to the new guy and then she saw Nick and he gets more stress because he know she will come to say hi and bother him, so he was trying to tell her that he is busy, but he didn’t know how, but he saw a girl that was super energetic and smiling and he try to ask her, ‘’I know it will sound crazy, but could you be my girlfriend for 5 mins?’’ in her side, she saw an ex and she didn’t want him to say hi and start to bother her too, but the ex’ saw her and he was walking towards her while Nick ask her that weird question, she doesn’t get bothered, she just grab his neck and she start kissing him and that was Norah, the ex’ best friend of Nick’s ex’ girlfriend, so the others will not try to say hi to them, after that they will try to know more about each other and very thing get more exciting.

‘’sounds crazy, but could you be my girlfriend for 5 minutes?’’ I like the way the Author writes the introduction, when I read that part of the book I get curious and desperate to read the whole book, because I watched Korean dramas that are almost like that, but most of the time they always say, ‘’can you be my girlfriend, but don’t tell anyone that we are lying.’’ I like the way Nick & Norah’s book write that part, that makes people to be asking themselves what the ending will be next or how looks like. This is one of my favorite books everything was great and I didn’t think I will be exciting to be in You literature’s class and reads 20 pages and trying to understand each part with my poor English, I like it because I was too focus and I understand everything, I think you don’t need an excellent English to understand this book, I will recommend Nick & Norah to the people that are looking for romantic and no-fiction books.

message 2: by Jacob (new)

Jacob | 15 comments This book sounds interesting. I will have to check it out. Is that quote ("sounds crazy, but could you be my girlfriend for 5 minutes?") what they put on the blurb? Because if it is, it sounds funny!

message 3: by Ainara (new)

Ainara | 13 comments I love romantic- comedy books! this book sounds amazing, it seems like a book for teenagers because it has the drama, the love and the random things that teenagers do, I would definitely read it! is that the only book or does it have a sequel?

message 4: by Lara (last edited Apr 22, 2019 10:15AM) (new)

Lara Montoya (lariitaa_mg) | 14 comments It seems like an intense book, I like the courage he has to ask the girl if she wanna be his girlfriend for five minutes, it probably sounds stupid, but I like that they end up knowing each other and falling in love

message 5: by Iris (new)

Iris | 11 comments Lara wrote: "It seems like an intense book, I like the courage he has to ask the girl if she wanna be his girlfriend for five minutes, it probably sounds stupid, but I like that they end up knowing each other a..." yeah right! and everything happen in one night.

message 6: by Iris (new)

Iris | 11 comments Ainara wrote: "I love romantic- comedy books! this book sounds amazing, it seems like a book for teenagers because it has the drama, the love and the random things that teenagers do, I would definitely read it! i..."
I think is the only book, but is not the only thing that they do, it has a lot of romantic scene and makes you wanna read it again.

message 7: by Iris (new)

Iris | 11 comments Jacob wrote: "This book sounds interesting. I will have to check it out. Is that quote ("sounds crazy, but could you be my girlfriend for 5 minutes?") what they put on the blurb? Because if it is, it sounds funny!" They put it on the blurb, that's why makes wanna read this book cause it was something crazy, but interesting to say to a girl that you don't know.